Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Laura Loves Tigger

Following along! Sorry you were sick. We visited that urgent care a couple of years ago when my daughter got sick on a visit to Sea world. Great care and short wait. Will be glad to see your WL pics. My daughter and I are staying there for the second time in September.

melmel89

So gatecrash a wedding at the Poly on Aug 21st. Check. 😈
Oh wait, I have Artist Point dinner reservations and DVC fireworks cruise booked that day. :p
Enjoy your Disney Wedding!
Enjoy the cruise, sounds like you have a great evening planned! you will have to get in line to gatecrash my work friends keep saying they are going to surprise me:hilarious:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm here, can't beat a good @Tuvalu trip report!
Now THIS is my summer reading! I hope Urgent care made you feel better and YAY Panera! Love their tomato soup!
I'm late, I'm late for a very important date (AKA a Tuvalu trip report) 😀
Sorry you started off your trip feeling sick! Glad you went to urgent care & hopefully they were able to get you well again. Really looking forward to following along on your latest WDW adventure!
Thank you all for joining in on the fun!

Will be glad to see your WL pics. My daughter and I are staying there for the second time in September.
I’m sure you guys will have a great experience. This was one of our favorite WL stays.

Following! So sorry your trip was off to a rough start, but hoping those meds kicked in quickly. I kept my eye out for you guys while we were there, but alas we missed you!
I’m so sad our paths didn’t cross. I hope your family had a magical time and I look forward to reading all about it (should you write a TR).

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, June 8

Em and I had decided last night to not hurry this morning, since we had no agenda until evening and we assumed our room would not be ready until 3 pm.

Our beds were quite comfy and both of us slept well. The Holiday Inn had a nice pool area which we had considered trying out but it was raining. We had no complaints at all about the hotel. The only negative for us is it was not “in the bubble.” We are bubble people. Yes there are many wonderful, nicer and cheaper resorts outside Disney property....but they are smack-dab in the middle of the real world. Em and I prefer not to have reality encroach on our fantasy.

We were enjoying our Entenmann’s and watching TV when Em’s phone buzzed with an alert. She squealed with glee, “Our room is ready!”

It was 8:45 am.

But we stuck to our “no rushing” plan and it was a couple hours until we saw this glorious sight.

2FD11DA1-48E0-4D77-BC15-C425D3A9CDFB.jpeg

(We may have been chanting, “Bubble! Bubble! Bubble!” at this point.)

Look, another Welcome arch!

9F3CE5D1-D33B-430D-930D-E86FAF5F60C0.jpeg

So happy to see you again, Wilderness Lodge!

7C3CF26A-336A-41D7-9F69-199DE35E805F.jpeg

We parked, grabbed our stuff and headed for the lobby. The majority of our stays at WL have been during the holiday season. We love the decorations and the Christmassy feel of the resort. Our last visit was in December.

“But where is the Christmas tree?” Em sighed as we walked through the lobby.

She sent the following pic to Woody bemoaning its absence. :hilarious:

9C568F17-2AA0-4635-A38F-E26CE87566B0.jpeg

We made our way to the elevator in search of our room.

bee

The only negative for us is it was not “in the bubble.” We are bubble people. Yes there are many wonderful, nicer and cheaper resorts outside Disney property....but they are smack-dab in the middle of the real world. Em and I prefer not to have reality encroach on our fantasy.
2FD11DA1-48E0-4D77-BC15-C425D3A9CDFB.jpeg

(We may have been chanting, “Bubble! Bubble! Bubble!” at this point.)
I'm totally the same way. When we lived in Florida we almost never stayed onsite because we could go anytime. Now we are allllll about the bubble. I don't want the real world ruining my magical vacation!!!

blreinsel

The Character Warehouse is hit or miss. There have been times that I left empty handed, but there have also been times I’ve spent a decent chunk of change. Just a few weeks ago my friend got a bunch of the Christmas decorations from this year. She also got us really nice long sleeved AK shirts. A few months ago I got the white long sleeved Expedition Everest shirt, right after they introduced the new style.

All of that being said, you just have to get lucky and check back frequently! There’s also another location on I-Drive. I haven’t been to that one but my friend has gotten good stuff from there too!

The suitcases, however, are always there. 😉

youngdeb

Add me to the list of those looking forward to another WL trip report :) We just booked our stay for January 2020. Feels like forever to wait but from everything everyone has shared about the resort, it will be worth it!

amjt660

Premium Member
A little late but I am following

I get the bubble concept and struggled in Cali the times we stayed offsite

But please clarify ..

Do I have to answer Moops or would you give it to me if I answered Moors?

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom