Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

wdwfamilynh

I can’t think of anywhere else in Epcot but there is The Daily Poutine in Disney Springs.
Can't vouch for the quality, since i've personally never had them, but I do know that Refreshment Port (in between Canada and Future World) has poutine and gets seasonal flavors for the festivals.
They have poutine at the refreshment port just as you are entering Canada. I think they have two versions there. One with brisket I think. I got it and enjoyed it very much.
Just back and catching up. Thank you for all the responses about poutine!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hope you made it safe and sound! :)
Happy you both made it home safe and sound!
Glad you made it home safely!
We are too! Thanks, everybody!

i missed both of yall by one day at same place xD
Bummer!

Took Dream Friend Figment to my parents’ house yesterday. Mom was surprised at his size (she expected him to be small) but fell immediately in love.

She just texted me this picture of Figment, peacefully content in his new home.

3BE2B18F-DD58-4076-9238-EFDBA1756D1C.jpeg

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Gotta get that one day in there before Dar... because...here comes the rain!
Oooh, good reminder! Better hit the pool that first day!
HEY!!!
I can hear you you know?!

Plus, I will be in the state of Florida sometime Thursday (22nd) night. I will try to slip in under the cover of darkness in X’s truck.
But....

DisneyGigi

HEY!!!
I can hear you you know?!

Plus, I will be in the state of Florida sometime Thursday (22nd) night. I will try to slip in under the cover of darkness in X’s truck.
But....
This made me spit my coffee out... I laughed so hard. 😂😳
With all of us that have trips during this week- we could probably break a record for the most members meet photo or something!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

slipperalwaysfits

I just got home from a three week epic trip to Europe with my mom! So I'm catching up on more mother-daughter exploits!

out the door shortly before 8 am

Disney is just about the only place I will get up so I can be out the door before 8!

As riders began to leave she walked over and picked up my purse. I quickly made my way over to her and before I was able to say, “I’m sorry” she smiled and said, “I didn’t want your belongings to get crushed.”

So many of these cast members really are fantastic and go out of their way for guests! Disney magic at it's finest! I, too, have forgotten to loop my bag through my arm on some rides! :eek:

There was even a decorate-your-own cookie and/or cupcake station.

What a sweet treat (see what I did there? :geek:) for Em to treat you to the dessert party and good for you for restraining yourself. I fear I would not be as able to restrain myself!

Ever try to nap during a loud and lengthy thunderstorm

I am one of the very lucky ones! I wear hearing aids, so whenever I sleep, I usually don't hear these noises. Sometimes, the thunder is so very loud, I can hear it without my hearing aids in; but that is rare.

Our plane backed away from the gate a few minutes late. We began to travel down the runway. Got cleared for departure.

Made it to the end of the runway. Plane stopped. Pilot came on the PA system.

There is a ground stop in Atlanta. No planes are allowed to land/take off and planes heading to ATL that have not taken off yet cannot leave their originating airport.

Pilot said we will need to sit here at least 40 minutes before we MIGHT be able to take off.

I hate flying home from Orlando.

Sorry about the drama of flying home. When I was flying home from England on Saturday, we departed and sat on the runway for an hour and the pilot spoke in Spanish but everyone began taking off their seatbelts and we were parked there for about an hour. Sitting on a runway not moving is THE WORST. I was especially dreading it because I knew I'd be on the tiny jet for 10+ hours, I didn't want to wait any longer than I had to!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom