Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

LSV

I picked up a friend at MCO yesterday. Her flight from Detroit was delayed 2 hours waiting on crew that was displaced by storms the previous day. Last week her flight from Orlando to Detroit left early and arrived early. Why is it always the flight home that causes trouble?

meg0039

We did Villains on the same night! I was pleasantly surprised with it (although the discount system for it was bizarre. A CM friend of mine could only buy 3 discounted tickets. As an AP, I could only buy 3 more discounted tickets. We had a group of 6, so splitting the discount was necessary. The Guest Relations CM almost didn't let me get my AP discount on the additional 3 because we already had 3 tickets. You would think for an event that doesn't sell out, they wouldn't be that strict on it. Odd.) Also, something in my gut told me to cancel my flight out of MCO Saturday night and ride back with my parents. I'm glad I did! My (already late) flight got delayed even more because of everything happening in Atlanta and I ended up getting home five hours before I would have if I had flown. I'm glad you guys made it home safely though!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you are delay free.
Fingers crossed and pixie dust thoughts! Have a safe trip home.
Have a safe and “on time” flight home!
Good luck for a safe flight and no delays!!😉
Safe travels!
Safe travels!
Thanks for all the well wishes. Though we were delayed, we got home safely.....which is THE most important thing.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad you guys are home safe.
You must be very tired, rest and recover. Thankfully, you are finally home. 😌
Glad you and Em got home safely. That's what really matters, although I wish you didn't have to deal with those pesky delays!!
Welcome home. I hope you had a restful night following the delayed flight.
Glad you and Em are finally home. Have a good restful day!😊
Em and I arrived home exhausted. It was after midnight so she spent the night here. Even after sleeping in, we still felt a little foggy today. (Of course it is always difficult to transition from vacation mode to reality mode!)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I hope I don’t regret choosing to fly this time. 😑
Flying can be great, when all goes as planned. It certainly is less monotonous than driving.
We’re just going to claim that you and B will have a positive experience. :angelic:

Sorry about your flight. Was hoping it’d be a smooth return flight.
Me too!

No problem. I’d be ****ed too!!
And a luggage delay of 30 minutes at baggage claim did not help anyone’s mood....:cautious:

Maybe you're not meant to fly. You know, like these guys ...

I have come to that conclusion!! 🤣

Are you driving or flying the next trip?
DRIVING!!

I picked up a friend at MCO yesterday. Her flight from Detroit was delayed 2 hours waiting on crew that was displaced by storms the previous day. Last week her flight from Orlando to Detroit left early and arrived early. Why is it always the flight home that causes trouble?
Murphy’s Law. :bored:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
THEY'RE NOT GOING TO PAINT ALL THOSE HIDEOUS POLES??!! SERIOUSLY?

smh… omg.

p.s. anytime I venture anywhere outside of the Trip Report forums, I get sorta sick to my stomach and like people a little bit less...
Seriously. :rolleyes: And I LOL’ed at your p.s.

Another great report. Looking forward to the next!
Happy to have you along!

We did Villains on the same night! I was pleasantly surprised with it (although the discount system for it was bizarre. A CM friend of mine could only buy 3 discounted tickets. As an AP, I could only buy 3 more discounted tickets. We had a group of 6, so splitting the discount was necessary. The Guest Relations CM almost didn't let me get my AP discount on the additional 3 because we already had 3 tickets. You would think for an event that doesn't sell out, they wouldn't be that strict on it. Odd.) Also, something in my gut told me to cancel my flight out of MCO Saturday night and ride back with my parents. I'm glad I did! My (already late) flight got delayed even more because of everything happening in Atlanta and I ended up getting home five hours before I would have if I had flown. I'm glad you guys made it home safely though!
Sadly, your experience with the Guest Relations CM (the confusion over DAHV tickets) does not surprise me. But glad you had a fun evening!
And good call on canceling your flight and riding home with your folks!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Late. With my laugh but laughing just the same❤
I think I heard your laugh.....😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom