Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
a chocolate covered strawberry (because a dark chocolate covered strawberry is excellent
I'd consider myself happy if that was the only dessert offered! 😄 But I have to say everything looked yummy 😋
I haven't experienced that event, but after reading about it and looking at you and Em so happy, I'll put it on my wish list.

Longers

Two things stood out to us as we left Pecos Bills.

First, there was no humidity. There was a pleasant breeze.....dare I even say somewhat cool.....and it felt like an evening in spring or fall, certainly not summer!

Second, there was lots of space to move around. The walkways were not shoulder-to-shoulder people. Even wait times on the app indicated a less busy park.

It reminded us of how evenings in the MK were years ago. We were loving it!

I kept expecting volume to increase since MK had Extra Magic Hours from 11 pm - 1 am. But it never did. Oh, how Em and I wished we could have stayed for EMH! But an early morning departure for home nixed that.

Twilight at Tangled Toilets
View attachment 388795

Em requested Philharmargic.

View attachment 388794

@Longers we looked left, we looked right, and we exclaimed “Not yet!” in your honor.

View attachment 388796
Yay,
Was it just you? I’ve still not seen any others.

Just think in a few weeks (35 days to be exact). I will have a party of 9 to train in the look left, look right experience! Maybe then it will start trending......

susan lees

Thursday, June 13

No pictures from this day, but you can insert sad faces < here >.

Went to sleep in the dark and awakened in the dark. Showered, dressed and finished packing. Got coffee for Em and finished off the Entenmann’s before doing the walk of shame out of the resort.

Em drove the first leg of the trip, which meant I was the sightseer. The funniest (weirdest? most surprising?) sight I saw was over a dozen abandoned wheelchairs scattered throughout the completely-empty MK parking lot. I suppose the “chair wrangler” (my son was a “cart wrangler” for Walmart years ago; his job was to retrieve the empty carts from the parking lot and return them into the store) hadn’t started his shift yet! :joyfull:

Anyhoo, we made it home without incident and began the countdown for our next visit.

It won’t be long now......😁
Thank you again for bringing us along on your trip. Can't wait for next instalment 😊

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So we closed out our vacay with a beautiful nighttime spin on TTA.

I've always thought that the TTA is the "perfect" ride for everyone. It's wonderful during the day (nice views, nice breeze -- just pleasant overall), and it's also amazing at night. Nighttime, it's a magical experience seeing everything all lit up. :inlove:

Chapter 25 did not disappoint (then again, 1-24 didn't either ;) ). Thanks for taking us along again, and I'm looking forward to Chapter 26 -- soon, I hope?!! :joyfull:

disneyworlddad

Thursday, June 13

No pictures from this day, but you can insert sad faces < here >.

Went to sleep in the dark and awakened in the dark. Showered, dressed and finished packing. Got coffee for Em and finished off the Entenmann’s before doing the walk of shame out of the resort.

Em drove the first leg of the trip, which meant I was the sightseer. The funniest (weirdest? most surprising?) sight I saw was over a dozen abandoned wheelchairs scattered throughout the completely-empty MK parking lot. I suppose the “chair wrangler” (my son was a “cart wrangler” for Walmart years ago; his job was to retrieve the empty carts from the parking lot and return them into the store) hadn’t started his shift yet! :joyfull:

Anyhoo, we made it home without incident and began the countdown for our next visit.

It won’t be long now......😁

Will you make it back before the end of the month?

Minnesota disney fan

Enjoyed your trip report with Em. I always look forward to your reports. You are so lucky to be able to take trips with Em. It's difficult to get time with my daughter for a mother/daughter trip to WDW :( She does tend to visit for a few days when my husband and I take our annual trip to WDW, so that's great. Ending your trip with the PeopleMover is a great finish:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We did the dessert party a couple of June's ago and the choices were "meh" but seeing your pictures is making me reconsider for October. My husband is a sweets person. We'd get our money's worth for sure.
I highly recommend the party with the Plaza Garden View!

Those push pops were a favorite when we did the party in December. I got a lot of them. Obviously for the kids...;)
If I’d had a bigger bag, I might have saved some purse push pops! :hilarious:

Great TR as usual except for your being sick part😟Waiting with bated breath for the next one!😉😊:hilarious:
Still had a great time even being sick!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom