Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Janir

On a trip a couple years ago I was going over the next day’s schedule with Em and Woody. I said we were going to RD (rope drop) Pooh.

“Arty Poo?” Em replied, not knowing what I was referring to. “That’s disgusting.” It became a family joke.

As for Shirley Status, you can thank @fractal for coming up with that term. On another trip I walked the red carpet at the entrance to DHS. @fractal likened me to celebrity Shirley MacClaine. The joke stuck and the rest is history!

Ok the Shirley Status now makes sense. Cause more general usage of a "Shirley" is WAY WAY more vulgar and not appropriate to two well cultured ladies such as Tuvalu and Em under any circumstances.

(Urban Dictionary gives the more commonly used definition, but I DO NOT suggest a visit to that site unless you have some brain bleach handy.)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
As we prepared to bus to our original destination, I received a text from Mom with a
request to purchase something she had just seen on Facebook, and was released in Epcot today.

Since she is caring for Poly and Kona, and because I love her dearly, we switched gears.

6462BFF7-6EDE-4C36-8E81-0156BC8286B2.jpeg

See what I did there? 🤣

Introducing Dream Friend Figment.

DC3B5E63-84EB-4FCC-B860-ACCFA2A298B5.jpeg

Look at dat face!!!!!!

FF5EA246-2057-4E8C-9826-DA1091554F80.jpeg

93boomer

Premium Member

DisneyGigi

jlag1006

As we prepared to bus to our original destination, I received a text from Mom with a
request to purchase something she had just seen on Facebook, and was released in Epcot today.

Since she is caring for Poly and Kona, and because I love her dearly, we switched gears.

View attachment 391462
See what I did there? 🤣

Introducing Dream Friend Figment.

View attachment 391460

Look at dat face!!!!!!

View attachment 391461
So cute! I really hope these are still available when I get there in September!

dizfan917

I'm actually interested in seeing what color(s) all those gondola support posts turn out to be. Will they be all go away green or sky blue or will they be themed to each area or will they simply alternate bright, fun colors or will they get themed wraps for different movies / seasons / holidays?!

Maybe that's why the gondolas are all gone... could it be time to PAINT?!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Ok the Shirley Status now makes sense. Cause more general usage of a "Shirley" is WAY WAY more vulgar and not appropriate to two well cultured ladies such as Tuvalu and Em under any circumstances.

(Urban Dictionary gives the more commonly used definition, but I DO NOT suggest a visit to that site unless you have some brain bleach handy.)
...And to think that before knowing what it means in TR's, I thought y'all were talking about Shirley Temple! 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom