• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *NOW LIVE*

lindawdw

I truly love how you don't sugar coat your trips and give us the real deal. :) That poor CM who had to endure the complaining woman waiting for her non-talking Mickey!:rolleyes: We haven't eaten at Pecos Bill in many years but we used to love the toppings bar there! It's too bad about the guacamole. :( How nice that the weather got cooler and the crowds thinned out! Oh yes, I remember those days but it's been a long time since we've experienced the low crowds!

Spash007

Advertisement
I forgot to mention the other family waiting with us in the room where Mickey and Minnie greet.

The mom was beyond upset that Mickey no longer “talks.” The CM tried to handle the situation gracefully, explaining that Mickey needs to save his “voice” for parades and shows. The woman wasn’t buying it. She complained over and over that Mickey used to talk, they had made a special trip to hear him talk, how her son was going to be so upset if Mickey didn’t talk to him (the son was right there and young enough where it truly wouldn’t matter if Mickey spoke or not).....blah, blah, blah. The CM again tried to calm her and the mom began arguing with her!

It was awkward and uncomfortable for everyone.

Anyhoo, when we left the Theater whom did we see standing in the middle of Main Street?

Callan.

Did we stop to have our picture taken?

View attachment 388759

Em and I went in search of dinner.

View attachment 388750

Once again we tried to use mobile ordering. Once again no success.

Thankfully the ordering line wasn’t long, but there was still the usual delay in receiving our food.

View attachment 388751

View attachment 388752

We want to thank all the people who used to hog (or worse, steal) all the guacamole from the toppings bar. We love paying an extra $2 for a small cup of the stuff that was formerly included. (Note I didn’t say free. It was people who assumed all the toppings were free....then helped themselves without purchasing anything....that ruined it for the rest of us.)

While at dinner I snagged a FP.

View attachment 388753

The only positive thing I can say about this ride photo is that the lighting is well done and guests in the boat look like people and not shadows. I guess being blinded by that giant flash was worth it.

View attachment 388754
It's really funny what kids notice. We went into our 2018 trip thinking that C wouldn't remember that Mickey talked in 2017 (when she was just under 3), so we didn't even make a plan on what to say. Sure enough, we're in line about to meet him, and she pipes up: "Why isn't he talking anymore?" We just stared at each other, and my MIL chimed in that he was saving his voice for the parades and Christmas party (got to love Grandmothers ;)). C completely bought it, and that was the end of it. That lady in line with you probably made it a bigger deal for her son by arguing, rather than just supporting the CM's idea.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
WL :inlove: :inlove:.
That's got to be the most comfortable lodging in all of WDW. Only stayed there a few times (due to price :( ), but I really love that resort. I wanted to move in! :joyfull:
I'll move in with ya! We can be neighbors. 🎶Come and knock on my door....

I truly love how you don't sugar coat your trips and give us the real deal.
I believe in telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth! ;) :joyfull:

It's really funny what kids notice. We went into our 2018 trip thinking that C wouldn't remember that Mickey talked in 2017 (when she was just under 3), so we didn't even make a plan on what to say. Sure enough, we're in line about to meet him, and she pipes up: "Why isn't he talking anymore?" We just stared at each other, and my MIL chimed in that he was saving his voice for the parades and Christmas party (got to love Grandmothers ;)). C completely bought it, and that was the end of it. That lady in line with you probably made it a bigger deal for her son by arguing, rather than just supporting the CM's idea.
Leave it to a little one to remember! But Grandma was wise! (Too bad the lady with us wasn't.)

Love hearing about your trips
Thanks for reading!

MinnieM123

The mom was beyond upset that Mickey no longer “talks.” The CM tried to handle the situation gracefully, explaining that Mickey needs to save his “voice” for parades and shows. The woman wasn’t buying it. She complained over and over that Mickey used to talk, they had made a special trip to hear him talk, how her son was going to be so upset if Mickey didn’t talk to him (the son was right there and young enough where it truly wouldn’t matter if Mickey spoke or not).....blah, blah, blah. The CM again tried to calm her and the mom began arguing with her!
Wondering what the reaction would have been, if the CM said that Mickey was only speaking in Latin these days. 🤔 Just a thought . . . :p

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

I had picked up a FP for an attraction we had not done yet.

22692C5D-4E2A-4ED8-8BEE-683908EBE026.jpeg

The man behind us is NOT photobombing.....amiright, @amjt660? 😜

8BDD2C1E-E9BF-4DAD-A6DE-112446808C0E.jpeg

I was so glad we got to ride this tonight because......

.....look what’s back @Figment Forever!!

239F89A9-7351-43EA-AB39-3308454E3DAB.jpeg
All 3 dolls on the elephant! I know Hope will be so pleased!

Immediately after scanning into IASW, I popped on the app and booked another FP.

25C691B2-626D-4FD4-9FC7-CA4C07EA8C3E.jpeg

We go Unda the Sea a lot, but it is an easy FP to get and it’s one of our fave dark rides.

Figment Forever

Wednesday, con’t

I had picked up a FP for an attraction we had not done yet.

View attachment 389329

The man behind us is NOT photobombing.....amiright, @amjt660? 😜

View attachment 389332

I was so glad we got to ride this tonight because......

.....look what’s back @Figment Forever!!

View attachment 389330
All 3 dolls on the elephant! I know Hope will be so pleased!

Immediately after scanning into IASW, I popped on the app and booked another FP.

View attachment 389331

We go Unda the Sea a lot, but it is an easy FP to get and it’s one of our fave dark rides.

You are correct! I just showed her and she is very excited! Let's hope they are still there in 55 days. lol

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We then made our way to the Tomorrowland Terrace to check in for the Dessert Party. Technically it was a “check in” to receive our wristbands which allowed us into the garden viewing area for HEA. When the fireworks concluded, we had to “check in” a second time to be admitted to the dessert area.

We found our spot and took a selfie. There was a PP photographer there (NOT Callan) but we did not want to leave the space we had chosen (although there was plenty of room to move around.)

163F2451-498D-47A6-9B5F-0165BA55BB15.jpeg

We waited about a half hour for the show to start.

Pre-projections Castle.....
EB47975F-CC16-4FCC-A693-1EF01E841D06.jpeg

D415AD7D-B170-4018-9848-5F1C1562C1FA.jpeg

....and after! With pretty things that go BOOM!!
DDA63123-3A29-4035-86B6-49038FD13C32.jpeg

448AF3D6-A01C-4A31-AB28-67A648E90C41.jpeg

C196A80C-C240-4ABC-A20D-2160285AC1FC.jpeg

Those three fireworks pictures were taken in quick succession, because while I wanted some pics I also wanted to focus on the show. The way that the fireworks sync with the projections is mesmerizing.

I was so mesmerized in fact that I forgot I wanted to get a shot of Tinker Bell flying. By the time I remembered I was so flustered that this was the result.....

7F31685F-6DAD-44FA-9A82-8B56370E83B5.jpeg
Nice work, Tuvalu!

However I did manage to capture the “nod” to Wishes towards the end of the show.

1B58BCE7-9C35-47B2-9CC3-C9A47C971244.jpeg

Did I cry? You betcha! MK fireworks always move me to tears. I gave Em a great big Thank you hug!

5 nights.
5 viewings of Happily Ever After.
Life is good.

Now for some desserts!

Last edited:
Top Bottom