Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

Earlier I had received an offer from @Darstarr to join her and @NunuBelle at the Top of the World Lounge to watch Happily Ever After. As fun as that sounded (and would be my only opportunity to meet @Darstarr, though neither of us knew it at the time), I did not want to subject an already-tired Woody to an even-later evening. I felt I was already pushing my luck hanging around to use our BTMRR FP.

While I was hoping for a ride in the dark, a ride at dusk would have to suffice.

A91DF400-AB4B-4067-AE7F-C3119455D5BB.jpeg

D7ECBC89-7168-4CE8-83F4-766873CA1A02.jpeg

It was still a fun ride! But now it was time to head home. If Em had been with us, I’m sure she and I would have rushed to our favorite spot in Frontierland to watch HEA (while Woody returned on his own.) Though it killed me to miss fireworks, it was the right thing to do.

91B79609-55BE-4A1F-99AF-9675B76F8864.jpeg

9F1A7B1A-C5C8-441E-BFEF-836DE210E41C.jpeg

In my experience the bus to WL has always been faster than the boat so we went to the bus station. Twenty minutes later we were still waiting on a bus. Woody was hot, sweaty and exhausted, and I was stressed for keeping us out so long.

Then fate stepped in to see us me through.

9A613307-38C6-44FB-8ACA-C12554EE5EB7.jpeg

89E7F6F2-7EC8-4595-AA36-DD171ECA7EF0.jpeg

No, it wasn’t the bus.....but we could see HEA!! ❤

HEA runs 17 minutes. Buses run approximately every 20 minutes. Since we had already been waiting a long time, I expected to see only a few bursts before boarding.

We saw the entire show. :jawdrop:

Forty minutes after getting in line, our bus arrived....

83E2F645-B506-4360-89D0-AAE97C93E8C1.jpeg

.....and then had to load a scooter!

2671B152-52AA-4CB9-B010-67B3893C336B.jpeg

Woody was a real trooper. He never complained. I would have had a fit if not for the fun fireworks distraction.

We retrieved our car from the WL lot and then spent a good ten minutes driving around the CSR lot (remember the lack of spaces I mentioned?) before parking in a space that was in the valet overflow section. (At least that is what we suspected, though there was no gate or signage. We moved the car the next day.)

Thus our “early evening” was anything but. The good news was we had no trouble falling asleep and no rope drop to make in the morning. 😴

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don’t get all the “colors” either but some of that Arendelle aqua merch 😍😍😍
They already did 2 other pinks... I don't think the 3rd pink was going to catch on... but that blue... I like it!
Never got into the Rose Gold but I do love that Aqua color. It's always been a favorite of mine. I'm thinking a new sweatshirt might be on my list!
I really like the aqua color too. If it is still in fashion when I go in March a new shirt might be in my future too!
I have been hoping for some kind of blue to show up. And some of those items may just end up in my suitcase...
I bought a ton of it!
View attachment 410308

... the Spirit jersey, the Loungefly backpack, the ears, and the tumbler (not sure if it’s a Tervis).

I loved the Minnie purse, but it is crazy tiny. Pretty much only holds a credit card and a lipstick. And I don’t wear lipstick.

Admit it, ladies. This is the reason you’re hooked on aqua.

A081D654-CB48-434C-9A2A-477857209CB0.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think you would have! Just for us! Gotta do it for the trip report :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Ha! You know me too well....

Despite the lack of "collectable" product, the room looks great!
Wow, the Grand Destino looks fabulous. Like you, I wasn't excited by the big tower intruding on CSR, but it's looks are deceiving.
I've never been a fan of CSR but I do have to say that they've done a beautiful job with the renovations! I love that the rooms in the tower seem quite large.
The large room was great, and the Tower was fabulous....a must-see if you’re ever at CSR!

I'm looking forward to trying the burnt end nachos from you and Em singing it's praises in earlier trip report! Will be staying at CCV in March and burnt end nachos are on the menu list!
I hope they don’t disappoint! :hungry:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I always enjoy the classic Jungle Cruise and Tiki Birds show! I'm with Woody when it comes to the "Under New Management" show of the Tiki Birds as it just couldn't compare to the original. :)
I do miss the retro Tiki Birds fountain. Was always fascinated by how high the column of water reached.

Wilderness Lodge bus transportation...just my favorite thing ever :cautious:
This made me LOL!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Saturday, con’t

After getting off the boat and security screening, we were greeted by MICKEY’S MAGICAL WALLS!!

View attachment 409893

View attachment 409894

Are you feeling the magic?!?

(Maybe I should have visited AK this summer. I think it’s currently the only park where the entrance isn’t marred by construction walls.)

We started and ended our long trip with the Coronado checked out Friday. Mixed reviews. Best thing were the mattresses and pillows.

Me I believe their staff is stretched to the max. Tower check in either time was not fun and cramped unlike the old area. But the Lobby is stunning.

But here are your construction walls at AK Main entrance. New tram area. They dropped the green screen throughout the property for Dorian and pulled it back up again several days later.

So all the Parks Mains are messed up with the Studios being the most civilized currently

AK

A597B67C-E2FB-4072-9B3E-A36105A36C33.jpeg

B65EA113-C41D-45FE-BEF3-86C76AC36055.jpeg

873D3B5B-5B51-4E15-A817-C756DD91E0B9.jpeg

EDIT: saw your Brody of the Jungle Cruise comment. My son on behalf of our family sent a tweet #castcompliment in January 2019 about Brody. He is awesome!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
When the first notes of HEA started you should have booked to BLT. You would have made it for Tink!!!🧚‍♂️
In hindsight..... :hilarious:

But here are your construction walls at AK Main entrance. New tram area. They dropped the green screen throughout the property for Dorian and pulled it back up again several days later.
View attachment 411089
EDIT: saw your Brody of the Jungle Cruise comment. My son on behalf of our family sent a tweet #castcompliment in January 2019 about Brody. He is awesome!
Whelp, another affirmation we did the right thing by skipping AK! :joyfull:
Agree, Skipper Brody is awesome!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, August 25

After a good night’s sleep (the bed was really comfy!), we had a leisurely breakfast in our room.

Entenmann’s finest delicacies.

16C1DEE0-2717-4CD6-899C-99D19E9C372C.jpeg

Though there was no balcony for us to sit out on, the floor-to-ceiling window allowed us to take in the magnificent view as we ate.

924E36EE-4FAD-44C9-AFF6-BBFE8881E62F.jpeg

Today’s plan?

RELAXATION.

No rope drop, no fastpasses, no parks. We’d find our enjoyment in all this lovely resort had to offer. I had never been swimming at CSR and that was about to change. Woody and I suited up, filled our mugs with water and headed for the Lost City of Cibola pool, which is part of The Dig Site.

CEF59FD2-6DED-4B91-9A29-C5DC68986F24.jpeg

13AADADE-7467-40E9-9308-909AE7F9030B.jpeg

I was surprised by the sheer size of the pool. The deck surrounding it was also very large and had lots of lounge chairs, both in the sun and in the shade. As you may remember I am a sunflower and prefer a spot where I can catch the perfect rays. I was willing to claim loungers in the shade for Woody’s sake, but he said he was prepared for sunshine and would sit wherever I wanted.

Views from our chairs.

ED3B8841-8050-401A-A82A-1DBEFBE4B31A.jpeg

03D6D512-AA48-4862-8200-900797F13E56.jpeg

F4A8FA12-FE04-42B7-8D6F-6D5A6A054EB7.jpeg

The pictures are dark because a bunch of morning clouds hadn’t yet dissipated. Soon there would be an expanse of bright blue sky and sunshine, which would last the entire day.

The predicted rain never materialized which led me to question.....was @Darstarr really on property? 😉🤣

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The pool had a slide.

I have a fondness for pool slides.

“I’m going to check out the slide. Wanna come?” I asked Woody.

Woody does not share my fondness for pool slides. I went alone.

53C433B1-A6F0-480B-BD5A-60CCB4BBF83C.jpeg

3DA8F53A-4B0D-4E16-83A2-C4A3D10DA6CB.jpeg

I see the stairs!

C19238F1-10E4-4020-AFF5-8347D3D05E8E.jpeg

How cool is this?!?!

9A9B881C-53BE-4E6F-BF4D-B6EDBE2F0850.jpeg

D6C7C2F8-0A89-4814-A38E-104F4F495476.jpeg

So. Much. Fun!

I rode three times in a row. I would have gone more except I began to feel the stares of the children, which seemed to say, Why does that Grandma keep going down the slide?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
The pool had a slide.

I have a fondness for pool slides.

“I’m going to check out the slide. Wanna come?” I asked Woody.

Woody does not share my fondness for pool slides. I went alone.

View attachment 411828

View attachment 411830

I see the stairs!

View attachment 411826

How cool is this?!?!

View attachment 411829

View attachment 411827

So. Much. Fun!

I rode three times in a row. I would have gone more except I began to feel the stares of the children, which seemed to say, Why does that Grandma keep going down the slide?
Fun indeed!

This mayan pyramid always reminds me of one back home.
Gran Jaguar, Tikal.

I'd love for you to see the real thing, should you ever come visit.
Unfortunately, it doesn't have a slide! 😄
cc.jpg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We spent most of our time in the pool.

I see you, Woody!

949DF9F7-EE83-425A-BF13-7171EBABAB68.jpeg

The water remained cool and refreshing even with the sun beating down on it. Woody surmised that not being a zero-depth entry pool, the water did not warm up as quickly. Multiple bodies did not have a negative effect either.

8591B0ED-C55A-489B-9F24-2960A1AF19D1.jpeg

Our only complaint was an annoying helicopter that flew over in the same pattern every half hour. Apparently CSR is not part of a “no fly” zone. :bored:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
One of life’s mysteries is why doing absolutely nothing can bring on intense hunger pains.

There we were, floating along in contented bliss, when suddenly I was on the edge of hangry. Woody was quick to recognize the signs and suggested it was time for lunch.

We didn’t need to go far. The closest restaurant was right behind our loungers.

2D097F94-80B7-4A83-8488-3FF4588CF64F.jpeg

29C5C739-A06C-4CA5-9FDB-605CE21A7ED4.jpeg

I offered to order while Woody claimed a table. There were two indecisive families ahead of me, so I stood in line for awhile. Then I took the pager and found Woody by the volleyball court. (A volleyball court! What an unexpected amenity!)

580106BD-D430-4A4D-8B8C-3AA8508609C3.jpeg

We both ordered the same thing. This would become a pattern, beginning with last night’s nachos.

BLT Chicken wrap and fries.

CDB7ABA3-A3C9-4E53-8D87-4C4490D048EA.jpeg

The wrap was delicious and the thicker-cut fries were hot and well-seasoned. This meal ended up at the top of our list!

(And it wasn’t just because I was starving. :hilarious: )

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Before going back into the water, I took a walk around the deck.

Not much action at the kiddie pool.
E1752F1A-2585-4C68-9024-371AF449DE0C.jpeg

Lots of action in the big pool. I stood on the bridge to take a couple pictures.

2DC48D81-DA7B-4D5D-9CF0-4B933CE2535E.jpeg

52A788FC-9F38-4A51-8819-610809BAA823.jpeg

As tempting as it was, I was a good girl and obeyed the sign. :angelic:

A0BFA03F-4B34-4406-96A4-A44EC3DB1134.jpeg

I rejoined Woody at the loungers. He was watching lifeguard training exercises. After a few minutes I was too hot to stay seated and returned to the water. Woody followed.

Honestly I could have spent the rest of the day just floating around. CSR has my vote for best moderate pool! But I also didn’t want to “overdo it” and I sensed Woody had had enough. Reluctantly I dragged myself out of the pool and dried off.

Later I caught up on @DisneyGigi ’s LIVE report and learned she & B had visited three parks today.

I was happy to declare myself the Anti-Gigi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom