Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Matt and Kelly

Room pics!

View attachment 408928

Mounted in the headboard are these useful reading lights!
View attachment 408930

View attachment 408931

Desk with coffee stand. Luggage rack. Free-standing closet on the left.
View attachment 408929

Inside the closet.
View attachment 408932

The orange chair swiveled and was comfortable.
View attachment 408935

A large barn door covered the bathroom for privacy. There was a separate area for the toilet with its own pocket door, so we usually kept the barn door open. (That thing was heavy to open and shut!)

View attachment 408933

View attachment 408934

Sadly, all toiletries were mounted to the wall. Only a bar of facial soap at the sinks. No lotion or other goodies (@Matt and Kelly).

View attachment 408936

I know there are lovers of rainfall shower heads. I am not one of them. Gently sprinkling water doesn’t do it for me. I was very thankful the shower had two options to choose from.

View attachment 408937

The jets on the hand-held were powerful, just the way I like.

This room was much bigger than any other moderate at WDW. It was bigger than some rooms at a deluxe (looking at you, WL and AKL.) Woody and I coined it, “Deluxe Lite”. The beds were very plush and the linens super soft. No noise-bleed from neighboring rooms. Lots of storage space. Plenty of room for a portable crib or rollaway (though not sure rollaways are available). Four adults could easily share the room and not feel cramped.

Color us impressed.

Despite the lack of "collectable" product, the room looks great!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

After getting off the boat and security screening, we were greeted by MICKEY’S MAGICAL WALLS!!

E65F062A-E25E-45BD-A8EB-EF39EB6F1540.jpeg

9DBAB123-537B-42EB-AD80-342CB245BD49.jpeg

Are you feeling the magic?!?

(Maybe I should have visited AK this summer. I think it’s currently the only park where the entrance isn’t marred by construction walls.)

Do you really think I would have stopped for PhotoPass pics if Callan was the photographer? 😉🤣

D8077EF2-02DD-4A36-83BF-FA3DEB39EA6F.jpeg

46678357-1D10-450B-849F-A3B90D36FEAE.jpeg

(The off-center pic I posted while LIVE was the first shot she took. Perhaps she was adjusting her settings?)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Now I know I complained about the Halloween merchandise in the WL gift shop, but truth be told I was excited to see the autumn decorations on Main Street. I find them even more festive than those during the holiday season. And since I had no plans to visit in the fall, I was happy I did not have to miss out.

But tonight was not the time to linger, oooh and ahhhh and take it all in. We were on the edge of the end of our first FP window so we literally raced down Main Street, much to Woody’s disdain.

In hindsight we should have taken our time because we were met by a MASSIVE FP line.

10C47FEA-696D-42DD-97B0-98F57094BD11.jpeg

21D87787-C8D1-49DA-8750-D623105B3631.jpeg

I think we were past the “forgiveness window” when we scanned our bands, but Mickey was green so we were good to go.....and wait some more.

Now I have been in the FP queue enough times to know which direction the path goes. It is not a long way to the merge point. So when we were stopped dead in our tracks for an unusual amount of time, I began to suspect the ride might have gone down.

But no announcement was made (again, unusual) and we continued to stand in the same spot without moving.

Then Woody commented, “I don’t remember steps in this line before.”

Steps? There aren’t any steps.

I got out of line to see what he was talking about. There were at least 20 people ahead of us who were waiting for their opportunity to turn sideways and shimmy past a giant trash can, which had been placed in front of a staircase as a means of deterring guests from moving forward in that direction. :banghead:

Meanwhile the path to our left (which leads to the merge point) was completely guest-free. “I’ll be right back,” I said to Woody and walked straight up to the CM at the merge. He told me to wait at the line while he allowed some standby guests through. I waved to Woody and motioned for him to come over. A woman (with her family) in front of Woody also saw me wave, and they left the line of lemmings to join me.

The woman told the CM about the clueless folk who had managed to trap themselves behind a trash can on steps that led to some private backstage area. The CM asked us to continue to wait at the merge while he went to rescue the not-so-bright.

I’m not sure why someone decided the way to board the ride must require squeezing past a large trash can and climbing steps. Even more perplexing is why others followed him or her!

47990726-6C0B-45B8-8E5A-CE18C5B7E938.jpeg

Eventually we made it onto a boat and managed to stay dry (yay!) in row 3.

F6BBAD28-9E84-472F-A69E-9355FB6871DA.jpeg

lindawdw

I'm so happy that you started this TR!!! I've never been a fan of CSR but I do have to say that they've done a beautiful job with the renovations! I love that the rooms in the tower seem quite large. Glad you were able to finally make it onto Pirates after the line mishap! I love WDW at Christmas time but the Fall decorations are my favorite too!

Janir

Woody had been listening to me and Em sing the praises of Burnt Ends Nachos for the last two months and he needed to find out what all the fuss was about!
I'm looking forward to trying the burnt end nachos from you and Em singing it's praises in earlier trip report! Will be staying at CCV in March and burnt end nachos are on the menu list!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Next up ~

8177BD3E-2CBD-4311-BE48-FE8333721AE8.jpeg

(Perhaps I should inform my mother the fresh bananas are back.... :hilarious: )

Now arriving the Orinoco Ida, piloted by the very clever Brody!

09D77CB2-A611-4D03-8DF9-2E0702C7E16D.jpeg

I just read someone’s report who mentioned how fabulously funny Brody was. I wanted to tag that person to say I completely agree!! But after a quick search for the poster, I came up empty-handed. If by some chance you are reading this and had Brody as your skipper, please identify yourself!! We can be the first members of the I ❤ Brody fan club!

The elephant pool has always been my favorite scene during the cruise through the jungle.

8FDB18CE-4DDE-4213-9D1B-A9CAB4CA296A.jpeg

On my first visit to MK in June 1972 (after dodging the dinosaurs of course) I took a picture of this guy. You know he must have been special to me because he was worthy of one of the 24 frames of film in my 110 Kodak Pocket Instamatic Camera. (Even though his trunk is down, @Darstarr!)

AF67DE78-9763-4408-A070-720425D2804E.jpeg

We had a little time before our final FP. I knew Woody wouldn’t object to waiting standby for one of his favorite classic attractions.

224E3C7A-682A-467B-BEF4-47956895D97D.jpeg

We arrived just as the preshow was starting.

63F527C3-846C-44DE-A5BB-43FED11596A2.jpeg

BFADEAF0-ADEE-4B2E-91C0-2541D3FC6B96.jpeg

A898E25A-F89C-48B2-94D0-24A9C54E42A2.jpeg

Woody did not care for the Under New Management version of the Tiki Room. (He does, however, have a solid alibi for the day the fire burned some of it down.) He was happy when the original returned, even if it meant settling for a shortened show.

It may be time for another refurb though ~ the rain effect following the Tiki chant did not work and the birds below did not spin.

C3B355C3-3378-4885-AE38-07EC57D0445B.jpeg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Sorry to hear that CSR no longer feels like "home" with all the changes. That said, I GET IT. When the Poly went DVC and built those horrid bungalows, it no longer felt like "home" to me.

"You can't go home again" is a very true statement.

The Poly refurb did cause me to check out other hotels and now I have a couple new loves. You may discover a new love in CBR. It's my brother's family go-to resort. It's a fave of @Tony the Tigger too.

I hope you stick around for my review of the Dig Site. Enjoy the rest of your vacay!
Home or not, we’re coming back next year. Some guy on the bus to MK the other night pretty much talked Mike out of CBR.

Definitely planning more resort time, less park time. This trip was just too hectic (and HOT!) to be fully enjoyable. The days we enjoyed most were the days we slept in, went swimming, had lunch at Pepper Market, and toddled into the parks at 4:00’ish.

We never once went to Three Bridges for drinks or had morning coffee in the Tower. Too many mobility issues this year. I should be fully recovered from my hip replacement by next fall, and one would think my knee would be healed by then - it’s only been 9 months!

Turns out we’re just not willing to give up the adult vibe and delicious beds at Coronado for the unknowns at Caribbean Beach - Skyliner or no Skyliner. I shall keep reading now. 😘

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I don’t get all the “colors” either but some of that Arendelle aqua merch 😍😍😍
I bought a ton of it!
EF4DD1A4-2678-4958-9879-221B38C049BC.jpeg

... the Spirit jersey, the Loungefly backpack, the ears, and the tumbler (not sure if it’s a Tervis).

I loved the Minnie purse, but it is crazy tiny. Pretty much only holds a credit card and a lipstick. And I don’t wear lipstick.

MegRuss626

I bought a ton of it!
View attachment 410308

... the Spirit jersey, the Loungefly backpack, the ears, and the tumbler (not sure if it’s a Tervis).

I loved the Minnie purse, but it is crazy tiny. Pretty much only holds a credit card and a lipstick. And I don’t wear lipstick.

Thank you for including that about the purse!!! That caught my eye and I’m in love with it but thought it looked small. I’m going to have to order some stuff just in case it’s all gone by April!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Thank you for including that about the purse!!! That caught my eye and I’m in love with it but thought it looked small. I’m going to have to order some stuff just in case it’s all gone by April!
8BEADF65-289E-4F2F-A051-419095F79791.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom