Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
At our get-together we forum members laughed at how ludicrous it is to meet with Internet strangers (and how we would counsel others NOT to do that) yet here we were!

Truly everyone I have met from WDWMagic (and their trip companions) have been so fun and very kind. :happy:
I've been lucky enough to meet several members here, but funny story.

Back in the day, I belonged to a LOST forum, and met almost 20 of the forum members there in various places, including @Mrhappyplace himself!! It was so hard to explain to people that yes indeed, real people are behind those screen names!

Rista1313

I've been lucky enough to meet several members here, but funny story.

Back in the day, I belonged to a LOST forum, and met almost 20 of the forum members there in various places, including @Mrhappyplace himself!! It was so hard to explain to people that yes indeed, real people are behind those screen names!

I've met gaming friends, knitting friends, disney friends, and to date me really old IRC friends.

susan lees

Hurricane preparedness at work.

We have passed dozens and dozens of power trucks, ambulances, tree services and even trucks with rescue boats headed south into Florida.
Stay safe everyone over there at the moment. I'm watching this one very closely from across the pond. Jack was over working in 2016 during Matthew. Disney and wider do a great job to keep folk safe 💕

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have a safe trip home!
Safe travels!!!!
Safe travels! Looking forward to the full report :)
Stay safe everyone over there at the moment. I'm watching this one very closely from across the pond. Jack was over working in 2016 during Matthew. Disney and wider do a great job to keep folk safe 💕
Have a safe drive home. Looking forward to the full report.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. We made it safely home in under 8 hours with a couple stops, no complaints!

While I’m sad that my monthly summer trips have come to an end, finishing the August portion of this report will keep the memories alive until my next visit! :geek:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
DH & I love CG, and have also witnessed the "dress code" violations, to the tune of sweatpants and Mickey tshirts, flipflops. They did stay for dinner though. I also totally agree, the Filet is a no sharing situation!
Not enforcing a dress code defeats the purpose of having a dress code!

My best friend and I met through a forum for The West Wing.
Cool!

Enjoy your time in Batuu, bright suns to you and Mr. Woody! 😀
💕

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
hey I see room to walk..it's a good day to change your mind!
How crowded is it? Did you go on the ride?
There was plenty of room to walk around. But oh my, it was HOT.

Very cool!

I've met gaming friends, knitting friends, disney friends, and to date me really old IRC friends.
IRC?

I was thinking the same thing, you look GREAT in that dress that matches your MagicBand, even?! :geek:
It’s important to coordinate accessories, don’tcha think? ;):joyfull:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Trip #3
Who: Tuvalu and Woody
When: August 24-31, 2019
Where: Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort &
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Why: Summer’s last hurrah!

View attachment 404670

We did the parks (minus one @mcstensrud). But we did the resorts better.
And the Magic meets were the best of all!

I can’t wait to share.
Now, that picture of you and Mr Woody looking into each other's eyes make a lot more sense to me than the one with you and Em at Cinderella's Wishing Well, amiright? ;)
Love it! :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom