Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

meggo819

miss tuvalo,i apologize for for going off topic with this.
i love your trip reports and am following along per usual...

but darstarrs post comes up blank and i tried to explain to her how to post something

i got a brief glimpse of a frozen gif then get a can not load gif message

i secretly think she is all hi and mighty a bout posting gifs here....

best regards,starburst..

🤷‍♀️ I can see Darstarr’s gif just fine. But not whatever you posted...

bee

miss tuvalo,i apologize for for going off topic with this.
i love your trip reports and am following along per usual...

but darstarrs post comes up blank and i tried to explain to her how to post something

i got a brief glimpse of a frozen gif then get a can not load gif message

i secretly think she is all hi and mighty a bout posting gifs here....

best regards,starburst..
🤷‍♀️ I can see Darstarr’s gif just fine. But not whatever you posted...
When you want to post a gif, right click on the image and click "copy image address." Then, on the forums, click the little image picutre (between the link and the smiley face), click the link icon, and paste your link into the url box. Make sure the address ends with ".gif" before you click the blue "Insert" button.

susan lees

We mutually decided where to go next.

View attachment 398011

Walking behind us through the queue (which is very, very, lengthy amiright?) was a mom and a boy of about six. The boy kept protesting that he did not want to ride because it was going to be scary. The mom reassured him the ride would not be scary....it would be fun! Ariel and Sebastian would be there! We can sing!

The kid wasn’t buying it. To his credit he was not throwing a tantrum or crying. He was just matter-of-fact that the ride was going to be scary. He boarded the clamshell willingly, but he wasn’t taking any chances.

He rode the entire attraction with his hands over his eyes!

It was adorable. I smiled sweetly at the mom who gave me an eye roll and mouthed, I tried.

I wanted to tell her I understood. Once upon a time I too had a stubborn six year old son.....and as hard as it was, I’d go back in time and live through it again.....cause kids grow up way too fast.

Our first FP window had opened.

View attachment 398012

View attachment 398013
Our two were so different. Our daughter would go on any ride and would be upset if she didn't meet the height requirement. Our son on the other hand wouldn't even go on the small slide in our local play park lol. He's a bit better now but very selective.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

While waiting in line at BTMRR I had managed to score a FP for another fave.

0B823693-E1B8-4FDA-9E76-B2076BB50133.jpeg

The FP line stretched nearly all the way to Memento Mori. Right away I suspected that not everyone in the line actually had a FP. One of my first clues?

083B7546-C934-4880-B991-0B0808D42CD7.jpeg

Yeah, typically you don’t see a stroller in a FP queue. And a closer look at the stroller revealed the remnants of someone’s lunch.

78F83AF6-BBF0-4C19-B620-7BECAF708CD7.jpeg

(It was 95 degrees out and that sandwich wasn’t going to remain in the “safety zone” for consumption much longer....:hungover:)

The stroller was part of a large group in which (as I had guessed) no one had a FP! The best part was they all seemed puzzled that the CM would not allow them entry. Em and I quickly scanned our bands and passed them.

We did not plan our pose. I noticed Em right before the flash and copied what she was doing.

8B0F6A4B-0694-4C45-9B19-92F79FA59B3F.jpeg

#PaparazziPose :joyfull:

Beware of hitchhiking ghosts? Nah. We’ll pose with one.

487AE05B-8043-4130-885B-24AE3D0FDA33.jpeg

93boomer

Premium Member
Saturday, con’t

View attachment 400029

The FP line stretched nearly all the way to Memento Mori. Right away I suspected that not everyone in the line actually had a FP. One of my first clues?

View attachment 400026

Yeah, typically you don’t see a stroller in a FP queue. And a closer look at the stroller revealed the remnants of someone’s lunch.

View attachment 400027
(It was 95 degrees out and that sandwich wasn’t going to remain in the “safety zone” for consumption much longer....:hungover:)

The stroller was part of a large group in which (as I had guessed) no one had a FP! The best part was they all seemed puzzled that the CM would not allow them entry. Em and I quickly scanned our bands and passed them.

We did not plan our pose. I noticed Em right before the flash and copied what she was doing.

View attachment 400028

View attachment 400030
Aww that picture with the hitchhiker ghost is cute!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Pixie dust enabled me to snag one more FP.

The last attraction of our trip.

For reals. :cry:

We didn’t even mind that the song would play in our brains for the rest of the afternoon.

F54CBD3A-2FAD-4FC3-AA9F-B2DB4A5E67C7.jpeg

651C5E14-9319-4D64-AF85-70DF92ABA4BE.png

A final walk through the castle....

FDEE207F-1F5E-48D8-8F55-F761AE62FAA4.jpeg

....and a last look back.

EC3F0B71-0C38-4553-AEC4-040A275B14DE.jpeg

When I took this picture, Em did not know when she would return. Due to the lateness of Thanksgiving this year, she will not be able to celebrate her birthday in the world.....something she has done for the last three years. I have to commend her for not falling apart. She was much stronger than I would have been!

But I bring good news! She now has a trip planned during FARTS. And I get to join her! :happy:

slipperalwaysfits

Nice! A trip during FARTS!!! I'd love to do it but as you know, the teacher schedule is tricky! You guys will have a wonderful time! Yes, we are missing the World this holiday season and that won't be easy but it will make it sweeter when we go back!
Great timing on the HM pose!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Conclusion

I posted during the LIVE part, There’s no escaping the Tragical.

However I neglected to mention that Em and I had, in fact, escaped our assigned Tragical.

We had a ridiculously long wait for a bus back to the Lodge. And once onboard our driver did not depart for several minutes. By the time we got to WL, we’d just missed our ride to the airport.

It wasn’t the first time we’d been in that situation. Thankfully Tragical pick-ups are scheduled approximately every 30 minutes. Another bus would be coming. But there was the risk we would not be allowed to board. We planned to use Uber as our back-up.

In the meantime we retrieved our carry-ons from Bell Services and went to Roaring Fork for a cold drink. At a nearby table was a couple celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. We watched as a CM surprised them with two specialty cupcakes and a Mickey and Minnie sweethearts pin. It was a magical moment!

We finished our beverage and made one last pass through the majestic lobby. Will there be a Christmas Tree in it the next time I’m there? 🤔

Em and I sat outside and waited. And waited. And waited. Both of us began to wonder if there would be another bus that would get us to the airport in time for our flight. I was thisclose to summoning Uber when.....

6415DDB6-00B9-49F1-83C5-07086153F9CB.png

We were the only ones at the stop. We boarded without issue and it began to rain.

We weren’t crying, but heaven was!

Our crying....or rather extreme frustration...was soon to come. Our 5:35 pm flight was not able depart until 9 pm, thanks to a ground stop in Atlanta. (We sat on the tarmac at MCO for an hour before returning to the terminal.) When we finally landed, there was a thirty minute delay at baggage claim until luggage appeared on the carousel. 😡

I took this picture shortly before Em and I arrived at my house.

5EEA86AB-00E2-4116-8A81-582FEBD40C8E.jpeg

For the third time this year, flying took longer than driving.

Woody will be behind the wheel of our vehicle when we depart on Saturday.....though I am wise enough to realize that driving doesn’t guarantee smooth sailing.

But I sure hope it’s better than flying!

DisneyGigi

Conclusion

However I neglected to mention that Em and I had, in fact, escaped our assigned Tragical.

We had a ridiculously long wait for a bus back to the Lodge. And once onboard our driver did not depart for several minutes. By the time we got to WL, we’d just missed our ride to the airport.

It wasn’t the first time we’d been in that situation. Thankfully Tragical pick-ups are scheduled approximately every 30 minutes. Another bus would be coming. But there was the risk we would not be allowed to board. We planned to use Uber as our back-up.

In the meantime we retrieved our carry-ons from Bell Services and went to Roaring Fork for a cold drink. At a nearby table was a couple celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. We watched as a CM surprised them with two specialty cupcakes and a Mickey and Minnie sweethearts pin. It was a magical moment!

We finished our beverage and made one last pass through the majestic lobby. Will there be a Christmas Tree in it the next time I’m there? 🤔

Em and I sat outside and waited. And waited. And waited. Both of us began to wonder if there would be another bus that would get us to the airport in time for our flight. I was thisclose to summoning Uber when.....

View attachment 400423

We were the only ones at the stop. We boarded without issue and it began to rain.

Our crying....or rather extreme frustration...was soon to come. Our 5:35 pm flight was not able depart until 9 pm, thanks to a ground stop in Atlanta. (We sat on the tarmac at MCO for an hour before returning to the terminal.) When we finally landed, there was a thirty minute delay at baggage claim until luggage appeared on the carousel. 😡

View attachment 400424

Woody will be behind the wheel of our vehicle when we depart on Saturday.....though I am wise enough to realize that driving doesn’t guarantee smooth sailing.

We are switching traveling roles this time. Wish me luck!

Gurt

Want a rubbish trip home, do you guys get compensation? Here in the UK most of our airlines have to compensate anything over a 4 hour delay. Another great trip I look forward to the next one.

disneyworlddad

Conclusion

View attachment 400423

View attachment 400424

Are you planning on being at any park Saturday?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Nice! A trip during FARTS!!! I'd love to do it but as you know, the teacher schedule is tricky! You guys will have a wonderful time! Yes, we are missing the World this holiday season and that won't be easy but it will make it sweeter when we go back!
Great timing on the HM pose!
That darn teacher schedule! 🤣 Sorry you won’t make it back for the holiday season this year. :cry:

@Tuvalu , stop playing at our heartstrings. We know with you it's never "goodbye", it's "see you real soon"!

1249CFEF-C6DE-47EC-A4DF-111B3BBA1A9B.gif

We are switching traveling roles this time. Wish me luck!
Will do!

lindawdw

It's so frustrating when you get to the airport only to find out your flight is delayed.:rolleyes: Flying these days is certainly no joy especially when you could have driven there pretty easily. Looking forward to finishing up this TR and hearing about your trip that you're leaving for on Saturday!!! Safe travel.

BuddyThomas

Saturday, con’t

View attachment 400029

View attachment 400026

View attachment 400027

View attachment 400028

View attachment 400030
I'm sorry I have not been active on your amazing trip reports lately, as my job is apparently trying to kill me, but these pictures are amazing, as is your report! Love, love, love it, :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom