Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, con’t

Woody and I did not go straight to our room.

A little treat was in order, one with the @Longers seal of approval.

From prior experience I knew that Café Rix had amazing gelato. We popped in (and out) and savored the rich creaminess in the comfort of our room.

Triple Dark Chocolate (😉 @NunuBelle ) and Coconut for me.
Cookies and Cream for Woody.

E5DAB485-EA21-43D9-ABB6-E92E4740B529.jpeg

Worth every calorie!

And of course we drank in the view.

E3E356B2-A164-40F8-AAE1-3AA816C49B47.jpeg

After cleaning up, Woody put something sports-related on the TV and I went to Panchito’s to make a purchase.

Em had recently mentioned that she had grown tired of her dinner plates (inexpensive leftovers from college). I saw these yesterday and suspected she would love them. (Spoiler alert - she did!)
D2DE65F3-6CAA-4970-9F8E-DA26648D2A2A.jpeg

I bought her a set of the plates and took pictures of the coordinating bowls, cups and dessert plates (for future gift ideas.)

Bowl
DCAFC434-C3BA-4587-81B8-3164B1CD2E52.jpeg

Cups
0A15EAF8-6FFA-4FBC-874F-29B3CA1F47EA.jpeg

Dessert plates
FD7A310E-88C7-4370-9176-706E4D9DD6FB.jpeg

2CD4170A-9E54-47B0-919C-EFD401BF4389.jpeg

krisri18

Sunday, con’t

From prior experience I knew that Café Rix had amazing gelato. We popped in (and out) and savored the rich creaminess in the comfort of our room.

View attachment 412007

Worth every calorie!

View attachment 412034

After cleaning up, Woody put something sports-related on the TV and I went to Panchito’s to make a purchase.

Em had recently mentioned that she had grown tired of her dinner plates (inexpensive leftovers from college). I saw these yesterday and suspected she would love them. (Spoiler alert - she did!)
View attachment 412014

I bought her a set of the plates and took pictures of the coordinating bowls, cups and dessert plates (for future gift ideas.)

Bowl
View attachment 412008

Cups
View attachment 412009

Dessert plates
View attachment 412011
View attachment 412015
Great, now I want these AND the Be Our Guest dishes. 🥰

Megbutnotmegan

Sunday, con’t

View attachment 412007

Worth every calorie!

View attachment 412034

View attachment 412014

Bowl
View attachment 412008

Cups
View attachment 412009

Dessert plates
View attachment 412011
View attachment 412015
Good thing I got a new job because I think I just discovered a NEED for new dishes 😂

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Sunday, con’t

View attachment 412007

Worth every calorie!

View attachment 412034

View attachment 412014

Bowl
View attachment 412008

Cups
View attachment 412009

Dessert plates
View attachment 412011
View attachment 412015

I just recently broke one of my plates that I received as an apartment-warming gift many years ago. Looks like it might be time to spruce up my dining wear for the house....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Dang it...now it's accessible for me to buy at home. Oh well...we are due for new dishes anyway. :hilarious:
Love those dishes!
Great, now I want these AND the Be Our Guest dishes. 🥰
Good thing I got a new job because I think I just discovered a NEED for new dishes 😂
I just recently broke one of my plates that I received as an apartment-warming gift many years ago. Looks like it might be time to spruce up my dining wear for the house....
If only I could get a commission from Mickey for providing additional sales for his new dinnerware...... :hilarious:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I too love a good pool slide so I would have been right by your side! :)
That was an awesome pool slide at your hotel. :happy:
@TuvaluThe pool area looks awesome! :inlove:
Yay! Friends willing to dial-up their inner child to ride the slide with me!
(And yay for friends who understand the “dial-up” reference! 😉🤣)

Glad you guys enjoyed the pool. 7 stays and I have never been in it. 😳
This MUST change on your next visit!

Loving the pool water not being like bath water.

A cool pool!
🙌 🙌

I can't believe it, Triple Dark Chocolate!!! 🤯
Actually the CM told me it is just their double dark with added chocolate bits.
Still mind blowing! :joyfull:

DisneyGigi

Totally blew the edit quote, but

After thinking about it, the kids did the pool, I didn’t. I have not only, never been in a pool at Disney World, but the last time I was in one on vacation, I was 14 and at Myrtle Beach. Year 1987. 😳 I just have always spent so much of summer in one, I don’t think to do it.

slipperalwaysfits

Do you really think I would have stopped for PhotoPass pics if Callan was the photographer
YES;);):geek::banghead::banghead:
The resort looks amazing!!

have not only, never been in a pool at Disney World, but the last time I was in one on vacation, I was 14 and at Myrtle Beach. Year 1987. 😳 I just have always spent so much of summer in one, I don’t think to do it.

I am going to HAVE to spend some time in these Disney pools! We never end up in one when we're there, even on our non-park days. Once we get DVC, I bet this changes. o_Oo_O

MickeyCB

D2DE65F3-6CAA-4970-9F8E-DA26648D2A2A.jpeg

Bowl
DCAFC434-C3BA-4587-81B8-3164B1CD2E52.jpeg
I love these for 2 reasons, the design is very cute, but as important, is that it is on the outside.
I don't get the point of really pretty/cute dishes and serving items that have the decoration on the inside, (or in the case of a plate in the middle), because as soon as you put food on or in them, you can't see it anymore!

lindawdw

I love the Disney plates you bought for Em!!! The bowls and cups are so cute too. :) Sounds like you had a perfect pool day (with the exception of that dang helicopter flying back and forth) and your lunch and afternoon treat looked fabulous! My DH and I find that as we get older, we really do enjoy the relaxation resort time after a morning at the parks. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom