The Tomorrowland we should have gotten

Phroobar

Original Poster
The Disney and More blog has a great article about Shanghai Disneyland's Tomorrowland and some concept art for Disneyland's Tomorrowland. Here are some shots of how WDI could give us a Tomorrowland that is truly amazing.

sdl%20tom%202.jpg~original

tomorrowland%20rend%201.jpg~original

sdl%20tom%201.jpg~original

SteamboatJoe

Has some promise but still looks like it could become dated. It either needs to go for more of a Tron or Xandar look, or pull a WDW and just re-embrace the retro 70s Tomorrowland vibe....the Tomorrow that never was but will always be.

George Lucas on a Bench

I wish they still had Rocket Rods. I remember seeing some ridiculous tween concert on the Disney Channel years ago and as they videotaped it in Disney Land's new Tomorrowland, you could see these odd vaguely futuristic vehicles passing by in the background on an elevated trackway. Like that time I encountered an extremely attractive androgynous person dressed as Draco Malfoy, I had no idea what it was, but I wanted to find out.

George Lucas on a Bench

It looks cool in videos. A lot of people on the internet trash it and declare the People Mover superior. I imagine it's like the original Ray Parker Jr. version of Ghostbusters and the Run D.M.C. version from Ghostbusters II. One is more iconic, the other more exciting, but both are perfectly valid and enjoyable in their own way.

SteamboatJoe

It looks cool in videos. A lot of people on the internet trash it and declare the People Mover superior. I imagine it's like the original Ray Parker Jr. version of Ghostbusters and the Run D.M.C. version from Ghostbusters II. One is more iconic, the other more exciting, but both are perfectly valid and enjoyable in their own way.
I understood this analogy perfectly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom