The Tipping Point For Change

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To be fair…he’s been somewhat benign/behaving to this point? I think?
Asserting unproven or patently false conspiracies to tear Disney down is his trade. The anti-JT...

Bollocks, Iger bailed because he did not want the covid effects on Disney to reflect poorly on him and his future run for President, Chapek was supposed to take the fall and Iger would sweep in like Romney at the Salt Lake City Olympics and singlehandedly save the company from his chosen ‘fall guy’ apparent incompetence.

This would burnish his resume in time for the 2024 presidential election.

fortunately for the country Iger owns the whole ugly Disney scenario. And will not be running for anything in the near future

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Asserting unproven or patently false conspiracies to tear Disney down is his trade. The anti-JT...
I said “somewhat”, didn’t I? Not the “little ball of hate” (yet)

and I think the read on why iger bailed…may be right. It was very much right before covid shut everything down…not too far out da limb

…the elections stuff is crap…but you can’t expect perfection, can you? 😎

skypilot2922

I said “somewhat”, didn’t I? Not the “little ball of hate” (yet)

and I think the read on why iger bailed…may be right. It was very much right before covid shut everything down…not too far out da limb

…the elections stuff is crap…but you can’t expect perfection, can you? 😎
Did this guy pee in your cheerios or something? He seems to live rent free in a lot of heads.

As to Iger's political ambition 'He decided not to run in 2019', So by no means unfounded

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not me but looks like it happened to him too, I guess he was even angrier that I was and has not 'let it go'.

I was thinking of doing the goofy challenge this year simply because runDisney events are fun, Not like the Boston Marathon where people are deadly serious. But decided to get my multiengine rating instead as Flight Safety is running an accelerated course then so I'll still be in Orlando but inside a simulator for most of two weeks
Welcome back!

Again.

For now.

The Colonel

This is true, but the problem is there's no definitive answer as to how to best serve the stockholders. A long-term stockholder has different priorities than a short-term one, as one example. If management makes a decision that increases profits over the next 3 years but results in a significant decline 15 years down the road, did they do the right thing? It depends on who you talk to.

There's certainly no obligation to maximize short-term profits at all costs.
The obvious way to serve the stockholders is to give upper execs obscene compensation packages while frontline CMs live in poverty. To try to eliminate and outsource as many local jobs as possible. They're such great corporate citizens because they ban straws.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom