The Theming Games! (a competition hosted by TGFF)

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Hello. if you have been on the forums for a while, you may recognize me. I've been popping in and out every once in a while, as i lose interest and move on to other things, and eventually come back. this time, i am going to try to stay as active as i can.
Anyway, i decided to start somewhat of a "competition", but this one would be a little different. this competition will involve swapping the themes of existing lands in a park, with another land in the same park, with additional requirements thrown in throughout the rounds. The first part of the competition will involve the magic kingdom. more detailed information will be announced once enough people sign up. There will also be challenges dedicated to retheming rides, and more.
The teams are:
Team Yesterday

Team Today

Team Fantasy

Team Tomorrow

Last edited:

FireMountain

Wait, so how exactly does this game work? What does "swapping the lands" mean?
For example, let's say we swap Adventureland with Tomorrowland, does that mean we keep the layout of the land but swap the theming? I'm really lost here.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Okay, Here's A optional bonus/warmup/mini challenge to get you guys started. its a bonus because i couldnt figure out how to incorporate it into the actual game
Project 0: Keep Moving Forward
Magic-Kingdom-Carousel-of-Progress-Future-Scene.jpg

Unfortunately, disney has decided to scrap the beloved carousel of progress, but as the title says, keep moving forward. They are planning to design a ride utilizing both the space of the former galaxy palace theater, in tandem with the existing carousel of progress building. The problem is, they haven't figured out What To put in the space. To solve this, they have hired the brilliant minds of the wdwmagic imagineer forum to help. The attraction you put in this space can be anything, however it must relate to the theme of progression in some way. It can be based off an original property, or even an already existing property, but it must relate to the theme of progression.
This Project is completely optional, however the top post gets them and their team members an elimination skip card, which allows them to have an extra chance, just in case.
The Project Must Be No More Than 2 paragraphs, and can contain a maximum of 4 photos.

NOTE: You Will Be Working Separately on this one (basically this is just a modified version of the one sentence competition.)
The Project Is Due 1 Day After The Sorcerer's Apprentice Ends (So One Day Before The Competition.)
here is a link to an area calculator if you need to measure the space: https://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-area-calculator-tool.htm#

Last edited:

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Wait, so how exactly does this game work? What does "swapping the lands" mean?
For example, let's say we swap Adventureland with Tomorrowland, does that mean we keep the layout of the land but swap the theming? I'm really lost here.
You keep the layout, yes, but you change the theming, and you can add new rides as you see fit, but you have to keep certain ones (like say theme tomorrowland to frontierland, but you have to keep space mountain) and retheme them. it's not always about retheming whole lands, but its the main gimmick of the competition.

Orange Cat

Okay, Here's A optional bonus/warmup/mini challenge to get you guys started. its a bonus because i couldnt figure out how to incorporate it into the actual game
Project 0: Keep Moving Forward
View attachment 461205
Unfortunately, disney has decided to scrap the beloved carousel of progress, but as the title says, keep moving forward. They are planning to design a ride utilizing both the space of the former galaxy palace theater, in tandem with the existing carousel of progress building. The problem is, they haven't figured out What To put in the space. To solve this, they have hired the brilliant minds of the wdwmagic imagineer forum to help. The attraction you put in this space can be anything, however it must relate to the theme of progression in some way. It can be based off an original property, or even an already existing property, but it must relate to the theme of progression.
This Project is completely optional, however the top post gets them and their team members an elimination skip card, which allows them to have an extra chance, just in case.
The Project Must Be No More Than 2 paragraphs, and can contain a maximum of 2 photos.

NOTE: You Will Be Working Separately on this one (basically this is just a modified version of the one sentence competition.)
The Project Is Due 1 Day After The Sorcerer's Apprentice Ends (So One Day Before The Competition.)
here is a link to an area calculator if you need to measure the space: https://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-area-calculator-tool.htm#
Can I put in any music?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom