The Talk, News, Rumors, About Phase 3

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They recently files a permit to release all the land between Victory and the park from a conservation easement. I wonder if they may be holding to the area I have marked in red for a new resort.
Capture.JPG

Jason Lake

Makes some sense, but it depends on the timing. If the rumors of the Guardians appearing in the new Avengers movie opening in 2018 are true, the GoTG characters will be locked into the contract with Uni and will therefore be unusable by Disney for parks on the east coast. I'm not sure how definite the rumor of these characters appearing in Infinity War is, but if it's true, it gives Disney an extremely small time table to act, really just between now and 2018. Of course, only if the rumors are true.

True they may be in the Avengers movie, but they are not on the Avengers team per say.

This is why Disney is going after such obscure Marel IP's...ie. Big Hero 6 and Guardians

Also, let's not forget the Guardians have already made an appearance at DHS.

http://www./2014/08/guardians-of-th...st-time-as-walt-disney-world-welcomes-marvel/

El Grupo

They recently files a permit to release all the land between Victory and the park from a conservation easement. I wonder if they may be holding to the area I have marked in red for a new resort.
View attachment 141477

If a resort was in the future plans for DHS, I wonder if it would be more beneficial to place it in the area South of the existing toll gates allowing for an exclusive guest entrance into back of the park. Also, a resort drive could be easily included off of the future ramp that will connect WB Osceola and World Drive.

Just a thought.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If a resort was in the future plans for DHS, I wonder if it would be more beneficial to place it in the area South of the existing toll gates allowing for an exclusive guest entrance into back of the park. Also, a resort drive could be easily included off of the future ramp that will connect WB Osceola and World Drive.

Just a thought.

It's possible, I as just thinking that area because it's a larger plot of land, but they could probably squeeze a resort into the southern area.

doctornick

A Star Wars themed resort to launch with SWL would be a for real money grab. (Sign me up)

Even better -- Star Wars themed resort with a ride/transport between the hotel and the Star Wars land. Picture something like the DL Monorail where you have to have theme park admission to ride and something akin to the Hogwarts Express in terms of experience.

Edit: That said, though I think a resort is an interesting idea and would make sense, I would imagine that a significant chunk of that area in red is going to more surface lot parking.

dstrawn9889

i would say that red is for new parking (deck or surface... probably surface) to serve as replacement of current parking. this would allow more expansions later on to spread from echo lake out into the current parking

danlb_2000

Premium Member
But that was before the more recent permits came out with the new large space being converted, didn't it? Is it possible that they have changed plans regarding the parking configuration in recent months?

Not necessarily. The process of freeing that land from the conservation easement has been in progress for over a year and a half now, starting with their permit to include more conservation land as part of RCID. The recent permit was not just for that land but various area around the property. If the rumor that SWL was going to go from Indy into the parking lot was true, which I believe it was, then moving SWL to the LMA area means that less new parking not more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom