Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tail of Slinky Dog

Hey everyone!
We have been back for a week now so I suppose it is time to start our TR!

Who
Just my Mom and I :) (Mary and Megan)
This is a picture from our last trip!
IMG_6554.JPG

When?
July 9-July 16 2018

Why?
To celebrate my 30th Birthday :)

Where?
The Grand Floridian :) - thanks to a pretty good bounce back or AP deal (I can't actually remember which one :joyfull: )

The title?
We are obsessed with Slinky Dog Dash - plain and simple :inlove:

Day 1 July 9, 2018
I had to work most of my usual day before we headed to the airport. Why is this day of work always the LONGEST day of work? o_O
My Dad was actually out of town for work so he couldn't drive us to the airport, but my brother in law Nick kindly offered to drive us (thankfully) :)
I was super stressed about leaving on time (I thought our flight was earlier than it was :banghead: ) hence my flushed cheeks :joyfull:
DSC_9825.JPG

Oh hey Nick
DSC_9826.jpg

Of course we made it to the airport, checked our bags and made it through security in little to no time :joyfull:
We decided to eat dinner at our usual airport dinner place - Anchor Bar :)
DSC_9828.JPG

DSC_9830.JPG

DSC_9835.JPG

We shared the appetizer sampler and some fries. Wings, boneless wings, mozzarella sticks :happy::hungry: I realize now this isn't the best of pictures to actually show the food :joyfull:
DSC_9836.JPG

DSC_9837.JPG

After our delicious dinner we headed to the gate to wait to leave.
Petey was ready to go :)
DSC_9840.JPG

Soon enough we were on the plane!
DSC_9842.JPG

Next up: finishing Day 1 (quick day!)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Ooops sorry a few IG photos from the airport
IMG_7477.JPG

IMG_7480.JPG

Matching Magic Bands - and yes we chose grey on purpose to complete our Magic Band collection :)
DSC_9843.JPG

It was just as we were taking off that my Mom realized we forgot to buy waters that we usually buy for the plane :facepalm: Oh well - we survived!
The plane ride went quickly thanks to Netflix and soon enough we were in Florida !
FONORAIL!
DSC_9846.JPG

DSC_9847.JPG

Since we flew in later in the day we decided to pick up our luggage :hungover:
Who else is super excited for this movie?
IMG_7484.JPG

After getting our luggage we headed to say hi to Mickey (of course)
DSC_9851.JPG

P.S. the airport construction is nearly done and it looks super nice!
We went down to DME and got on the bus pretty quickly but then proceeded to wait for forever. And we left without anyone else getting on the bus! It was SO annoying!
DME photo
IMG_7492.JPG

Of course there were 4 stops too and we were the last :banghead:
Eventually we made it to the GF but it was already after 11.
We figured we would just change the credit cards on the MBs while we were already in the lobby - especially since the bellman took our bags for us so we had some time. Well - we get to the front desk and the CM tells me we don't even have a credit card on file :eek: What? I ALWAYS have a credit card on file and I checked it a few days before to make sure. Then he told me I need to pay for the rest of the room right away even though I usually just let it go onto the room charge bill. That was weird....he put my Mom's CC on her band and off we went as we talked about how weird that was. Anyway, we walk to our building (Sago Cay) and headed to the door and oh - not one of our Magic Bands open the door (which are locked because it is after 11). After reading @lostpro9het 's TRs I deactivated most of my MBs so I was not expecting this issue. Back to the front desk I go. This time I get a different CM who is perplexed that our bands don't work but figures out the grey ones for now. He did say I have a "collection of MBs" to which I asked how many can I have active and he said it didn't really matter o_O - then why point it out? I was super frustrated at this point so I just let it go and raced back to the room so we could beat the Bell Hop.
Some random room pictures!
DSC_9856.JPG

DSC_9857.JPG

You can kind of tell our ceiling was vaulted which was cool - we were on the top/5th floor! The only bummer was the balcony because the guard wall thing was so high you could not sit and see over it :oops: First World problems for sure :joyfull: But, we did really miss sitting on the balcony and taking in the scenery. Anyway, we were EXHAUSTED at this point so we went off to bed!

Next up: Day 2 - more MB issues :arghh:

DisSplash

I am in too! We’ll be down there next month and I have my FP for the Slinky Dog ride ready to go! :joyfull: If only I could stop calling it the “Dingle Dog ride” in conversation! I don’t know why, but that is how it is programmed in my brain ... my 14-year-old has to keep correcting me. I can only hope it comes out right while we are in WDW, so I don’t sound like some silly newb!

And wow! Congrats on the new House that you now get to decorate however you like! I am guessing that you picked up some Mickey housewares while you were down in FL!!

CoreNovawarAMM

I am in too! We’ll be down there next month and I have my FP for the Slinky Dog ride ready to go! :joyfull: If only I could stop calling it the “Dingle Dog ride” in conversation! I don’t know why, but that is how it is programmed in my brain ... my 14-year-old has to keep correcting me. I can only hope it comes out right while we are in WDW, so I don’t sound like some silly newb!

I have a game on my iPad called “Snoopy Coaster”, so I was accidentally calling Slinky Dog “Snoopy Coaster” all the time🤦‍♀️. You’re not the only one!😊

Also, if you’re looking for the most thrilling experience on Slinky Dog, I would suggest asking for the back row. :happy:

Last edited:

LeighM

So jealous you're back in WDW. I wanna go again. I even priced out a last minute weekend trip for next month. But we have a cruise next year so I'm trying to adult. I don't like it. And congrats on your house!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom