Trip Report The Sweet 16th(with a few surprises thrown in)!!

Hello friends!! Welcome one & all to my 2nd trip report!! To those who followed along on my first one(https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-my-clothes.945539/) it's great to have you along again & to anyone new joining in thanks for coming on board. I'm excited to have you all here!!

WHO: my niece H(the birthday girl) & myself

IMG_3810.jpeg

WHEN: Tuesday, August 21st - Saturday, August 25th

WHERE: For anyone that read my first TR I'm sure you can guess where but for those of you that don't know me..... my home away from home, POR

Looking forward to sharing the birthday celebration with you!!

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, AUGUST 21ST

The original plan for this day was to take a 4 pm flight. There was something extra that I was going to be dealing with at work the Thursday-Sunday prior to the trip so I figured I would have Monday & part of Tuesday to catch up before we left. Then 2 weeks before the trip I happened to stumble across an 8:55 reservation for California Grill. I was thrilled. What a perfect way to kick off this birthday trip!! It was at this point though that panic started to settle in. I figured even if the flight landed on time we would be pushing it to get to CG(not to mention we would have to wear our nicer clothes on the plane & I wasn't looking forward to that). The only other nonstop flight Southwest had that day was a 6 am flight. I'm at the point where I'm getting too old to get up at such an ungodly hour plus I kept thinking of how much work I would have to get done on Monday. Work was sheer torture that day. I started at 7:30 am and didn't get out until about 9:30 that night. I went home & slept for a few hours & at 4:25 we were here!!

I wanted to get a pic of H but also made sure to get the pole in the background so I would know where I parked the car. Amazing the things you forget after a few days!!
IMG_3766.jpeg

IMG_3769.jpeg

I was happy that she had TSA Precheck. We made it through security quickly & decided to get something to eat at Friday's.
IMG_3771.jpeg

We both ordered breakfast tacos. That was way too much food for 5:00 in the morning!! I may have also been a bit too much for my niece. I had explained to her how I was doing a trip report. When I pulled out my Haunted Mansion journal she looked at me like I had ten heads and said "you mean you take notes for this?!"
IMG_3773.jpeg

H wanted to stop at her favorite--Dunkin Donuts. I gave in even though I'm a Starbucks girl. But, it was her birthday trip after all!!
IMG_3774.jpeg

It was time to board & we were in the B group. When we got on the plane there were 2 seats open in the first row. Now the only thing that doesn't thrill me about the front row is that you have to keep your bags in the overhead bins. I do like the extra legroom though! I asked the gentleman sitting in the aisle seat if the 2 next to him were taken(it was very obvious that he didn't want anyone sitting next to him). He said no as he kind of rolled his eyes from under his glasses. We stepped into the row to let the other passengers board while we got ourselves situated. He proceeded to lecture us on how we couldn't keep our bags with us. I told him that we were well aware & we were just taking out what we wanted for the flight & didn't want to do it in the aisle so that we weren't in other peoples way. Needless to say there was no more communication between us after that.

Hooray for extra legroom!!
IMG_3776.jpeg

Plane selfie!!
IMG_3775.jpeg

Happy to be leaving the rain that was coming down right then(unfortunately, it followed us to Florida though....)
IMG_3777.jpeg

One of the flight attendants was super talkative with us. She told us that she was supposed to take her young granddaughter to Disney last year but the flight got cancelled due to Hurricane Irma. There was room on a flight to Las Vegas so she took her there instead!!

Almost there!!
IMG_3779.PNG

Do you know how bad I wanted to ask Mr. Friendly if he knew that the news he was reading was 2 days old?:p
IMG_3780.jpeg

Last edited:

riverside

Original Poster
Count me in! I am taking my almost 16 year old niece next month as a birthday gift as well.
Yay-thanks for following!! You & I are some pretty good aunts-if I should say so myself!! I hope you both have a great time!!

riverside

Original Poster
I’m in!! My mom once had an airplane seat-mate who picked his belly button lint and ... ate his napkin 😳. Not a lie. So it can always be worse :joyfull:
Thanks for following along!! That is so gross—I actually started feeling nauseous reading that!! I had to deal with someone on the way home who thought she was “an entitled individual”(more to come later) but nowhere near to that. I guess I should be thankful bc it could have been worse!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom