The Swan and Dolphin versus Disney Properties

Bugz

Currently there are no dining plans and no date for when they will come back. The European deal for next year is a gift card that can be used for food no dining plan options so it may be quite a while until they come back
We have the quick service dp

nickys

Premium Member
We have the quick service dp
Have you checked your reservation on MDE?

Disney cancelled all dining plans at re-opening and converted packages with them to just room and tickets. I assumed they would let people know that by email but maybe not.

But to answer the question, no you can’t use DP credits at the S&D, nor can you charge to your room at any of the S&D restaurants if you are staying at a WDW resort.

Last edited:

Bugz

Have you checked your reservation on MDE?

Disney cancelled all dining plans at re-opening and converted packages with them to just room and tickets. I assumed they would let people know that by email but maybe not.

But to answer the question, no you can’t use DP credits at the S&D, nor can you charge to your room if you are staying at a WDW resort.
Guess i better check with AAA

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Guess i better check with AAA

You might want to....

Screenshot_20210602-144015.png

Bugz

I would if I was you. Also dining reservations have gotten much harder to get and qs must for the most part be ordered on the app. Some hours in advance
She had just returned herself from a trip and didn't say anything about it

LAKid53

Premium Member
She had just returned herself from a trip and didn't say anything about it

Who, your travel agent?

No QS is walk-up right now - you have to order via the app. And the recommendation is that you order at least an hour in advance, especially if you want to eat during the lunch hours. Because you'll be given an estimated time that your meal will be ready to pick up.

My last trip was in January, which wasn't as busy as it is right now. I had to wait nearly 30 minutes to get a hotdog at Fairfax Fare in Hollywood Studios. Your order is assigned a number and you will receive a notification when it is ready for pickup.

Bugz

Who, your travel agent?

No QS is walk-up right now - you have to order via the app. And the recommendation is that you order at least an hour in advance, especially if you want to eat during the lunch hours. Because you'll be given an estimated time that your meal will be ready to pick up.

My last trip was in January, which wasn't as busy as it is right now. I had to wait nearly 30 minutes to get a hotdog at Fairfax Fare in Hollywood Studios. Your order is assigned a number and you will receive a notification when it is ready for pickup.
AAA

LAKid53

Premium Member

Which, I understand, is a Disney authorized travel agency. And thus should know that you can't purchase a Disney Dining Plan right now and that ALL QS restaurants are mobile oder.

The QS dining card Disney offers for affiliated hotels isn't the same as a DDP.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know if their mask policy has changed as of late? I know all Marriott’s in the US are mask free but didn’t know if that was the case here.

Ayla

No using any dining plan at Dolphin??
No, if it ever comes back. You can't charge to your room using a magic band, either.

S&D don't use Disney busses anymore, either. The place that is the biggest hassle is MK, where you're dropped off at the TTC, not the MK bus station.

Bugz

No, if it ever comes back. You can't charge to your room using a magic band, either.

S&D don't use Disney busses anymore, either. The place that is the biggest hassle is MK, where you're dropped off at the TTC, not the MK bus station.
Then its a monorail ride to mk or boat?

DISR

Then its a monorail ride to mk or boat?
Yes...if dropped at TTC you will monorail or boat for the last leg to MK. You have two other options...if you can talk your way past the guard, you can have an Uber drop you off at either Contemporary or Grand Floridian and walk. We did the GF, just to check out the new walkway. You can also walk over to Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach and use their buses. I like the Swan and Dolphin, but the bus service there made Disney transportation look like a private limo by comparison. We weren't really trying to game the system, but we just couldn't wait any longer for the bus. This was in January, so maybe it has gotten better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom