The Sum of All Thrills by Raytheon coming soon to Innoventions East

jt04

In that is the case the of course the capacity will be greater. Quite honestly I think you are taking things a bit too literal. I'll wager that the 600 figure was pulled out of thin air just to drive an obvious point home....the capacity of this ride is going to be very low and the demand is going to be high. That typically equals ticked off guests and hopefully it is a problem that they have assessed and figured out a way to deal with.

Possibly. But I think the average WDW visitor is not keen on the acrobatics this ride is capable of. Anyway, it will definitely relieve some of the wait times for other Future World attractions so hopefully it will have a substantial queue. I thought Disney was not allowed to use Kuka. :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Possibly. But I think the average WDW visitor is not keen on the acrobatics this ride is capable of. Anyway, it will definitely relieve some of the wait times for other Future World attractions so hopefully it will have a substantial queue. I thought Disney was not allowed to use Kuka. :shrug:
That was the rumor going around. Apparently it is not all that true. If it is or was true at all the exclusivity of it might have been restricted to a few or even a single model.

SirGoofy

That was the rumor going around. Apparently it is not all that true. If it is or was true at all the exclusivity of it might have been restricted to a few or even a single model.

What I heard was that Universal bought the rights to the "Kuka on a track", but the arms were fair game.

jt04

What I heard was that Universal bought the rights to the "Kuka on a track", but the arms were fair game.

So hopefully the people who spread the rumor will now be a little more discriminating about not passing on erroneous.........crap.

RSoxNo1

The thing with Potter is that the Kuka/Roba Coaster technology can be made to be pretty intense. For that reason it may not have a mass appeal that would necessitate a huge hourly capacity. I would guess that Potter will fall into the 1200-1400 guests per hour range.

SirGoofy

I would guess that Potter will fall into the 1200-1400 guests per hour range.

That would be a heck of a lot higher than what I would guess. From all accounts Potter's capacity will be one of its biggest issues, and even 1200 would be terrific. That's Jungle Cruise's hourly.

EPCOT Explorer

Should I be disappointed that the ride didn't reutilize some old Rocket Rod designs?

Besides the commodity of the KUKA arm, I really feel like this is become CyberSpace Mountain 2.0...

I'm sure the attraction will be worthwhile, but I fear that its low capacity and limited number of arms will make this an unavailable attraction on even the slowest of days...

It took over six pods in DisneyQuest to show that something like this can't work (capacity-wise) on a small scale. Why are we cutting the capacity even more, just to do it in an even busier setting? :shrug:
I'm not overly fond of the concept, but I think it will be something nice and small for Inno. It fits...Not as a headliner, but something to do as a diversion. Capacity would not be an issue, as I can foresee.

Right, just look at Nemo.

juan

I'm not overly fond of the concept, but I think it will be something nice and small for Inno. It fits...Not as a headliner, but something to do as a diversion. Capacity would not be an issue, as I can foresee.

True, but consider Turtle Talk -- a minor addition that turned out so popular that it overran the pavilion (at the time) with 2 hr waits

Sorcerer Jen

Had a quick search on Google and apparently this may open October 2009 - next month :D

This should be interesting to see, last time I was in Innoventions I couldn't help but feel it was missing something major, hopefully this will give it the boost it needs :) although I must admit I had such a laugh doing that if your house was on fire thing, I kept getting it wrong and the CM was in stitches at me!

Raytheon's website says it will be Math based which will fit in well with Innoventions I think, hey maybe it'll make me actually like Maths for once!

Is it me, or does this sound like Cyber Space Mountain over at Disney Quest?
yeah it does but like some one mentioned more advanced.

That's the first thing that came to mind for me too. I never went on it, but I saw it on tv once. I'm not sure if it was in Stacey's Top 7, or on some Discovery Channel show.

I've seen it on Discovery channel maybe stacey's but i just know Discovery for me.

Had a quick search on Google and apparently this may open October 2009 - next month :D

wow already next month!?

Sorcerer Jen

According to Stitch Kingdom -

Set to open in October 2009, the “Sum of all Thrills” exhibit is located at INNOVENTIONS at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. It will engage children through a fun and educational experience and will help instill in them a lifelong passion for math, science, and technology

Could be rubbish, but would be pretty sweet if it did open then :)

JungleTrekFan

Did my best to get a picture over the walls. Kind of blurry but you can see the whole arm and simulator and even the platform.
picture.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom