The Sum of All Thrills by Raytheon coming soon to Innoventions East

raven

Hm. Interesting video. I guess Disney's using modified versions of that mechanism.

It's the same size at least. But the one in Innoventions has a hood over the riders that will show graphics or a video as you ride it. While the actual mechanism has been in place for months now (the KUKA arm, seats, and platform) the computers will take the longest time to install.

CJR

Has anyone heard anything happening regarding this? I was excited when I read this a few months ago, but I haven't heard anything since. Has construction started yet?

EPCOTPluto

Didn't the Kuka arm arrived already yet, from reading somewhere else here on the boards? :shrug:

Think I will love to do this when it's open....

RoRo

I can't wait to ride this when it opens. I hope it's like Cyber Space Mountain(or better) which I could ride all day.

csm

Sorry but those are much better than Shrek. I'd go into SGE 10 times before going back in Shrek once. Chili dog and all. Shrek is beyond bad. The animation is OK but the seat deal is just over the top bad. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

You do know the theater has stationary seats, right? I mean, if your whole gripe with Shrek 4D is you don't like the aggressive movement of the seats, that solves your problem right there.

raven

The actual ride Kuka has been in place for a few months now. The transformer just arrived on site on Tuesday and the other robots and equipment for the area are due to arrive by August 17th. Testing of the ride won't be for quite some time though.

EPCOTPluto

The actual ride Kuka has been in place for a few months now. The transformer just arrived on site on Tuesday and the other robots and equipment for the area are due to arrive by August 17th. Testing of the ride won't be for quite some time though.
Ah, that's it! Thanks, Raven! :sohappy:

PeoplemoverTTA

Is it me, or does this sound like Cyber Space Mountain over at Disney Quest?

I love coasters, but Cyber SM made me sick...it would be great if they could put in a slight breeze to get air moving in those simulators...I think that's part of the problem for me in DQ.

raven said:
The Sum of All Thrills exemplifies INNOVENTIONS' focus on creativity, innovation and imagination, and their practical applications in everyday life.

Thanks for posting this info from the hub, raven, very interesting!

Sounds very cool...I haven't visited Innoventions in years, but I'll be sure to check this out!

hack2112

I love coasters, but Cyber SM made me sick...it would be great if they could put in a slight breeze to get air moving in those simulators...I think that's part of the problem for me in DQ.
My first experience with CSM had my dad pushing me onto the simulator, and it wasn't even programmed with any inversions. My second time I must have ridden it at least 5 times, with nothing but all inversions. It is a favorite simulator of mine.

raven

It's been described as a "design & ride your own thrill ride" attraction (not just coasters). All 4 kuka robots have been delivered and they've started painting the walls (deep merlot) and lighting is currently being installed.

Some concept art came out this weekend and I haven't seen it posted here yet so here it is:

Slide1.jpg

vehicle20art.jpg

:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

It's been described as a "design & ride your own thrill ride" attraction (not just coasters). All 4 kuka robots have been delivered and they've started painting the walls (deep merlot) and lighting is currently being installed.

Some concept art came out this weekend and I haven't seen it posted here yet so here it is:

Slide1.jpg

vehicle20art.jpg

:wave:
Wow! Looks VERY nice.:D

Like the car designs....I wish another attraction would get those.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom