Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

lindawdw

You got so much done at MK last night!!! Love the thought of extra Bonus Days and it doesn't get any better when you score a room at WL even if it is a handicapped room for one night! I know how much you enjoy the Copper Creek Pool, so I hope the rain does hold out for you! Any good dinner plans for the last night?

fractal

Saturday, June 3 - Bonus Day!

On family vacations when our kids were young, Woody and I would often surprise them with staying an extra night. Sometimes this decision was made last-minute, as I would sneak to the Front Desk to ask if we could do so.

It is one of my favorite memories.

Although Em knew about this bonus day a little more in advance, she was happily surprised when I shared the news.

Especially since it meant 24 hours in her fave resort.

View attachment 721021

Our room wasn’t ready but we were willing to take any room that was available.

So we’ll be sharing a king, @Darstarr. 😉

View attachment 721022

It’s a disability access room which means a stall shower, yay!

View attachment 721023

A downside? This room does not have a clothes closet! :jawdrop: There are no hangers nor hooks on the wall for any garments. We can manage for one night, but I can’t imagine staying in this room longer than that.

What a great idea!

93boomer

Premium Member
Saturday, June 3 - Bonus Day!

On family vacations when our kids were young, Woody and I would often surprise them with staying an extra night. Sometimes this decision was made last-minute, as I would sneak to the Front Desk to ask if we could do so.

Although Em knew about this bonus day a little more in advance, she was happily surprised when I shared the news.

Especially since it meant 24 hours in her fave resort.

View attachment 721021

Our room wasn’t ready but we were willing to take any room that was available.

So we’ll be sharing a king, @Darstarr. 😉

View attachment 721022

It’s a disability access room which means a stall shower, yay!

View attachment 721023

A downside? This room does not have a clothes closet! :jawdrop: There are no hangers nor hooks on the wall for any garments. We can manage for one night, but I can’t imagine staying in this room longer than that.
Where on earth are you supposed to put your clothes?? 🤷🏻‍♀️

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The man in front of me recorded THE. ENTIRE. RIDE. on his phone. I wanted to lean over and ask, “Just how often are you going to watch this?”
Had same thing happen on RoTR. Lady in front of us filmed entire ride and was watching through her phone.

I had the same thought about mich higher quality videos on YouTube. I digress.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Where on earth are you supposed to put your clothes??
There was a dresser. 🤷🏻‍♀️

My daughter leaves hers in the suitcase (drives me CRAZY) and she thinks I am the crazy one for hanging my clothes and putting them in the dresser drawers. I like organization!!!
While I typically hang only a few items, we always use hangers for damp swimsuits, to help them dry. We had to use the grip bars in the bathroom for hanging our suits!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday - Bonus Day - con’t

The sky looked like this at lunchtime.

IMG_0295.jpeg

Em and I were in the pool for quite awhile.

Hunger was the only reason we got out!

We ordered from Geyser Point Bar and Grill.

Smoked turkey sammie for Em.

IMG_0293.jpeg

My go-to kids Finger Food Sampler. Em even gave me some of her extra turkey. YUM.

IMG_0294.jpeg

Later we enjoyed a nice surprise.

IMG_0297.jpeg

There were a couple of girlie drinks. 🍹

A pool server who moonlights as a -

sloth GIF

And a whole lotta laughs.

slipperalwaysfits

Did I mention that Tiki Birds is Woody’s favorite?
Whoo hoo! I love the new band. It's so pretty!
Early dinner at this guy’s place
I LOVE Cosmic Ray's....although I don't have the willpower to order a salad while there. 😍
I was SUPER CAREFUL walking up the stairs.
So glad you were trip-free on this trip!

This is seriously one of the most awesome things. I bet your kids LOVED the bonus days! 😍😍:geek::geek: You and Woody are cool parents!
Em has made herself at home
She's almost finished! I hope the book was awesome! I really hope it's awesome since I'll be reading it next week! :):inlove:

So glad you had a wonderful trip!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

@lindawdw the rain did hold out for us - the pool(s) didn’t close until 4:30 pm, and that was for thunder. The rain didn’t arrive until later.

Em wanted to return to MK for our last hurrah but the big blob of red on the radar changed her mind. We agreed that we’d had a perfect MK evening the night before - to be caught in a storm with ride closures tonight would be a sad way to end our vacation.

We grabbed dinner from Roaring Fork and ate under the covered patio. I ordered a smoked turkey sandwich this time and was in heaven! Last year there was “turkey shortage” during our WL stays and all turkey had been removed from their restaurant menus. I more than made up for it today! 🦃 :joyfull:

We spent a dry, relaxing night in our “water view” room.

IMG_0298.jpeg

IMG_0299.jpeg

Do you see water? We sure didn’t. Yet that was the “new” view category listed on our room folio (@Weather_Lady). I had booked a courtyard view (options were standard, nature, courtyard, club level) but Disney has now streamlined categories to resort view, water view, theme park view.

Our room view shouldn’t have even qualified as courtyard view under the old system! Pic #1 was our straight-on view. For Pic #2 I had turned to the right, to possibly capture any “water” I could not see with the naked eye. :cautious:

The Front Desk CM had told me that the king room was only a couple doors down from our original assigned room and wasn’t a downgrade.

Honestly I was just happy to have a place to stow our stuff early so we could enjoy the pool. But someone needs to rethink the WL room categories.

Weather_Lady

Saturday, con’t

@lindawdw the rain did hold out for us - the pool(s) didn’t close until 4:30 pm, and that was for thunder. The rain didn’t arrive until later.

Em wanted to return to MK for our last hurrah but the big blob of red on the radar changed her mind. We agreed that we’d had a perfect MK evening the night before - to be caught in a storm with ride closures tonight would be a sad way to end our vacation.

We grabbed dinner from Roaring Fork and ate under the covered patio. I ordered a smoked turkey sandwich this time and was in heaven! Last year there was “turkey shortage” during our WL stays and all turkey had been removed from their restaurant menus. I more than made up for it today! 🦃 :joyfull:

View attachment 721669

View attachment 721668

Do you see water? We sure didn’t. Yet that was the “new” view category listed on our room folio (@Weather_Lady). I had booked a courtyard view (options were standard, nature, courtyard, club level) but Disney has now streamlined categories to resort view, water view, theme park view.

Our room view shouldn’t have even qualified as courtyard view under the old system! Pic #1 was our straight-on view. For Pic #2 I had turned to the right, to possibly capture any “water” I could not see with the naked eye. :cautious:

The Front Desk CM had told me that the king room was only a couple doors down from our original assigned room and wasn’t a downgrade.

Honestly I was just happy to have a place to stow our stuff early so we could enjoy the pool. But someone needs to rethink the WL room categories.
Yikes! I'm sorry the view wasn't better.

lindawdw

What a nice relaxing pool day with a fun meet up poolside and you made a great decision to hang back at WL and enjoy dinner outdoors! I love that you do these add-on days every now and then while at WDW!!! If I remember correctly, our first ever meet up you also added a day so we could do our couples dinner at California Grill! Am I remembering that right?

amjt660

Premium Member
Later we enjoyed a nice surprise.

IMG_0297.jpeg

There were a couple of girlie drinks. 🍹

A pool server who moonlights as a -

sloth GIF

And a whole lotta laughs.

It was great to see you and Em one more time
It was a hot sunny day and you took care of us by getting us a nice pool side table with shade and then we waited 45 min for a glass of water !!

Max

slipperalwaysfits

AHEM. Where's the water? :rolleyes: A lot of people have that problem at Aulani, too. Many people who request "Ocean View" get like a tiny sliver or can't even see the ocean. I wasn't happy we had to go with Ocean view at 7 months but it was the only thing open so at least we have a room (and we're gonna need to add on more points lol):cautious::inlove:

I hope your view is better next time. I love the room you stay in with the pool view! I still can't believe you got the same room twice!

sheriffwoody

You talking about your view made me realize I didn't even mention our "view" in my trip report

IMG_6102.jpg

It was right over that front portico (porte-cochere?) where you walk into the tower...so half the window was frosted, or whatever you call it. I guess it's a gamble, but it's always disappointing when your view is one of the worst possible options in the building! At least we both go often enough that one bad view isn't the end of the world 🙏

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What a nice relaxing pool day with a fun meet up poolside and you made a great decision to hang back at WL and enjoy dinner outdoors! I love that you do these add-on days every now and then while at WDW!!! If I remember correctly, our first ever meet up you also added a day so we could do our couples dinner at California Grill! Am I remembering that right?
We added a day on the front end to meet you guys at La Hacienda. :happy:

joshsprincess921

I guess it's a gamble, but it's always disappointing when your view is one of the worst possible options in the building! At least we both go often enough that one bad view isn't the end of the world 🙏

I have yet to get a great view in Disney. I always get something along these lines. We are staying at Gran Destino in August, so will see what we end up with. Maybe one day I'll get lucky!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom