Trip Report The Stalker Surfaces - A First Report for a Long Time Creeper Feb 2019!

Hello everyone!

My name is Annie and I am your friendly undercover WDW Magic Trip Report Stalker. I feel as though I know so many of you personally, as I have read SO MANY trip reports over the years. I travel for work, and often on these travels I find myself passing the time on the boards.

In my childhood, my family was of the "yearly vacation at Disney" sort until I went away for college:

(some things never change!)

I spent a lot of time during my college years and early professional life dreaming of my return to the World. In 2015, I finally became an annual passholder when I started a new job at a medical school here in Maine and began to travel the country (and Central Florida) quit a bit for conferences, events, etc. I have had MANY Disney World trips paid for by the University over the past few years, as well as fun ones with my friends and family!

I was prompted to write this report by my fiance, who suggested that I repay the favor of all you fine folks sharing your Disney adventures. So.. here we go!

When: February 1, 2019 - February 9, 2019

Who: Me (Annie) and my fiance (Ian)

Where: Polynesian Village Resort (renting DVC)

Why: Celebrating our ENGAGEMENT! Ian proposed one month prior to our trip after 6.5 years! We survived long distance, civilian service for the Navy separating us, and much more that made us feel deserving of a treat!

I went to get my nails done with my future sister-in-law this night directly after work. I waited until the very last minute because I wanted my nails looking as fresh as possible the following Tuesday for our engagement photo session on the grounds of the Poly-Grand :inlove: Fun fact: Ian has a twin brother and his wife is who I went with. People like to joke about how I know what my future children will look like based on his and his wife's (she favors me and I her).

This brings us to our next stop. Before I headed home post nail appointment, I had an important question to ask my nephew:

(he said YES! lol.. the dollar helped :hilarious:)

Once I had solidified my ring security for the big day, I headed home to my future hubby who had only just started packing UGH. I had been packed for nearly two weeks, but that is beside the point. My annoyance with his lack of packing motivation quickly turned to thoughts of "I can't believe I get to marry this man" when he handed me these upon my arrival:

Day 1: Friday, February 1, 2019
We live on the southern seacoast of Maine, so we are fortunate to live near a decent sized airport in Portland BUT I wanted a flight that would get us to Orlando ASAP. So naturally, I got us up on our first day of vacation at 2 AM to get to the bus station for our ride into Boston for our 6 AM flight. WORTH IT. Or.. not? We ended up delayed nearly two hours. How will we deal with the disappointment?

BREAKFAST PIZZA! And not pizza that has eggs and sausage.. actual pizza just eaten in the morning :hilarious:

Ian is NOT hugely a morning person, mostly because most days at home he either wakes up for work at 3 AM or works overnights. I told him I found the perfect snack for him:

Luckily, after almost 7 years he knows to expect this kind of behavior from me! As a side note: during this delay we were dealing with some drama back home. My older sister is getting married in the same year as me which is THIS ONE 2019 (her in June in Colorado and me in October in Maine). Isn't it interesting how some fun aspects of our loved ones personalities shine through during wedding planning? Ian had to keep reminding that we were on vacation and to deal with the drama upon our return but not a minute sooner!

We finally boarded around 8:30 AM and no sooner had we sat down, then Ian had already fallen asleep

That's right fella, rest up for the mouse!!

We had a very uneventful ride down, and soon we were taking a fonorail ride to our next destination and hopping on the DME!

(my sister made me the Future Mrs ears for the trip and I got so many compliments on them!)

To be continued...

Attachments

• IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 262

annienevells

Original Poster
Day 8 continued...

Our rest back at the Poly was short but welcome. We freshened up and headed for the dock to take a boat over to the MK. That night I only had two missions I wanted to accomplish: find my trip ornament and watch HEA.

As the sun was setting it was quite a bit cooler and felt wonderful.

What a beautiful night!

We had a nice cruise across the lake and soon we were entering the MK (for the last time 😭)

We were hit head on with a parade. Rather than fight the crowds we found a small spot and just enjoyed ourselves

Once the parade concluded and the crowd dispersed, Ian and I parted ways for two different missions. Ian was headed to the Plaza for an ice cream, and I was headed to locate my ornament!

One of my favorite sights to see!!

Have you been wondering what our ornament choice would be? Thinking something wedding related? NOPE. It's one to really commemorate our happiest times during this trip.. on the wildest ride in the wilderness!!

We are both obsessed with this ornament. Can't wait to see it on our tree this year!

I need to mentioned that with all the people and walking and everything.. I was DYING of heat and sweat at this point. The temperature that was so comfortable and cool at the Poly was GONE. I had made a plan to meet Ian at the hub grass and I couldn't wait to arrive to rid myself of my sweaty sweatshirt!

Ian had accomplished his goal (and I ate the cherry on top for him LOL)

It was making me jealous, so Ian took a seat on the hub grass as I made my way to the Plaza. I was met with a LONG line, but I did not mind as we had plenty of time before HEA and no plans before then.

I was VERY tempted but I refrained.

I went with my own version of the brownie sundae

YUM!!

I then had to find my way back to Ian through a sea of people.. best of luck to me..

To be continued..

annienevells

Original Poster
Day 8 continued..

I made it back to Ian unscathed and sat down to enjoy my ice cream. We played a bit of Catch Phrase when I finished, and we once again had groups of people laughing at our struggles.

I vowed to not take any HEA pictures and just live in the moment.

I cried like a baby!! Ian was blown away once again. When the conclusion came, Ian looked to me to start walking out of the park. I kind of side eyed him and said "once more for old times sake?"

Of course, Big Thunder was our destination! I wanted to end our trip with one last wild ride. No pictures once again because we honestly were having a BLAST and laughing and having fun.

We grabbed a few treats for my parents to thank them for watching our dog Gus

Finally we had to say goodbye. Ian held my hand tight as we walked down Main Street and I was crying again.

Ian works all over the country for long periods of time. He was recently in San Diego for 7 months, and is currently in Connecticut until right before our wedding. This is the way of life with the Navy, even as a civilian, and it has been our entire relationship. When we say goodbye, he always says "I'll see you sooner than you think" .. and as we walked out of MK he once again said "you'll be back sooner than you think" 😭 Have I mentioned how much I love this man?

We had a pretty uneventful monorail ride back to the Poly.

Sad snuggles with Stitch.

We got a couple treats with our last snack credits.

We finally slowly made our way back to Moorea and packed up to go home the next morning.

Day 9: Saturday February 9th 2019

Time to go home 😭 We had a morning flight but not too early, so we decided to have a quick breakfast at Captain Cook's before we left.

Mickey waffles were the perfect way to end the trip! I was feeling sad about leaving the Poly and snapped lots of pictures.

I also made an important purchase

Soon we were getting picked up by the Tragical Express and headed to MCO.

Ian visited some shops and made a new friend.

I couldn't resist a purchase of our favorite WDW snack

We eventually put our wallets away and made it through security and on a plane back to Maine (by way of Boston).

We were sad to be leaving, but happy to have an empty middle seat!!

And that's all she wrote folks!! WOW am I sad that it's over. This was such a great trip overall. I think I introduced Ian to WDW in the best way possible, and he is already excited to come back after all of the wedding excitement (and bills) slow down. As a DoD member, he suggested we try Shades of Green next time. Would be another first for me!!

Thank you all for following along on my very first trip report! And a big thank you for writing yours and keeping me in the Disney loop when I am not there.

I think I will write a short TR after next week when I go Tues-Fri for my work conference!

You're all the best for reading along :)

lindawdw

I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed your TR!!! Whenever you take a first timer to The World, there is just something so magic about it which makes it even more enjoyable for the reader. It sounds like a wonderful last full night and last day and you certainly got a lot in to fill up your memory chest with! Thanks for taking us along on your adventure. I'll look forward to reading about your next trip! :)

blreinsel

Ian works all over the country for long periods of time. He was recently in San Diego for 7 months, and is currently in Connecticut until right before our wedding. This is the way of life with the Navy, even as a civilian, and it has been our entire relationship. When we say goodbye, he always says "I'll see you sooner than you think" .. and as we walked out of MK he once again said "you'll be back sooner than you think" 😭 Have I mentioned how much I love this man?

Literally crying over this. :cry: SO sweet!

Loved reading all about your trip and your engagement pictures were absolutely stunning. Can't wait to read about your short trip next week! Thanks for sharing. :)

eb3257

This was so much fun! I would love to stay at the Poly and it was so nice to see all of your pictures. Thunder Mountain is a favorite of mine as well. I am jealous that you get to go to Disney for a work conference!! Thank you for sharing your vacation with us.
ps-I love Maine and have relatives there!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
What a lovely and fun Trip Report!

I enjoyed everything about it, specially how in love and in sync you and Ian are. Nothing beats being at WDW, with our favorite people in the world!

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us!

Janir

Bonus husband points for him!

annienevells

Original Poster
This was seriously a great trip report, especially for a first one! I don't believe I've commented yet, but have been silently stalking along haha, so congrats on your engagement as well!
Thank you! And you sound like me.. the silent stalker LOL Thanks for chiming in!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom