Trip Report The Stalker Surfaces - A First Report for a Long Time Creeper Feb 2019!

Hello everyone!

My name is Annie and I am your friendly undercover WDW Magic Trip Report Stalker. I feel as though I know so many of you personally, as I have read SO MANY trip reports over the years. I travel for work, and often on these travels I find myself passing the time on the boards.

In my childhood, my family was of the "yearly vacation at Disney" sort until I went away for college:

(some things never change!)

I spent a lot of time during my college years and early professional life dreaming of my return to the World. In 2015, I finally became an annual passholder when I started a new job at a medical school here in Maine and began to travel the country (and Central Florida) quit a bit for conferences, events, etc. I have had MANY Disney World trips paid for by the University over the past few years, as well as fun ones with my friends and family!

I was prompted to write this report by my fiance, who suggested that I repay the favor of all you fine folks sharing your Disney adventures. So.. here we go!

When: February 1, 2019 - February 9, 2019

Who: Me (Annie) and my fiance (Ian)

Where: Polynesian Village Resort (renting DVC)

Why: Celebrating our ENGAGEMENT! Ian proposed one month prior to our trip after 6.5 years! We survived long distance, civilian service for the Navy separating us, and much more that made us feel deserving of a treat!

I went to get my nails done with my future sister-in-law this night directly after work. I waited until the very last minute because I wanted my nails looking as fresh as possible the following Tuesday for our engagement photo session on the grounds of the Poly-Grand :inlove: Fun fact: Ian has a twin brother and his wife is who I went with. People like to joke about how I know what my future children will look like based on his and his wife's (she favors me and I her).

This brings us to our next stop. Before I headed home post nail appointment, I had an important question to ask my nephew:

(he said YES! lol.. the dollar helped :hilarious:)

Once I had solidified my ring security for the big day, I headed home to my future hubby who had only just started packing UGH. I had been packed for nearly two weeks, but that is beside the point. My annoyance with his lack of packing motivation quickly turned to thoughts of "I can't believe I get to marry this man" when he handed me these upon my arrival:

Day 1: Friday, February 1, 2019
We live on the southern seacoast of Maine, so we are fortunate to live near a decent sized airport in Portland BUT I wanted a flight that would get us to Orlando ASAP. So naturally, I got us up on our first day of vacation at 2 AM to get to the bus station for our ride into Boston for our 6 AM flight. WORTH IT. Or.. not? We ended up delayed nearly two hours. How will we deal with the disappointment?

BREAKFAST PIZZA! And not pizza that has eggs and sausage.. actual pizza just eaten in the morning :hilarious:

Ian is NOT hugely a morning person, mostly because most days at home he either wakes up for work at 3 AM or works overnights. I told him I found the perfect snack for him:

Luckily, after almost 7 years he knows to expect this kind of behavior from me! As a side note: during this delay we were dealing with some drama back home. My older sister is getting married in the same year as me which is THIS ONE 2019 (her in June in Colorado and me in October in Maine). Isn't it interesting how some fun aspects of our loved ones personalities shine through during wedding planning? Ian had to keep reminding that we were on vacation and to deal with the drama upon our return but not a minute sooner!

We finally boarded around 8:30 AM and no sooner had we sat down, then Ian had already fallen asleep

That's right fella, rest up for the mouse!!

We had a very uneventful ride down, and soon we were taking a fonorail ride to our next destination and hopping on the DME!

(my sister made me the Future Mrs ears for the trip and I got so many compliments on them!)

To be continued...

Attachments

• IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 262

annienevells

Original Poster
Thank you all for your kind words about our engagement photos!!

Day 6: Tuesday, February 6, 2019

It was finally time to introduce Ian to the magic of Epcot! I set my alarm early, as I had plans for us to rope drop Soarin' and we did not have a FP. I went through my routine of rousing Ian and heading to fill up our mugs with our morning Diet sodas. This morning was BEAUTIFUL and I definitely took longer than usual returning to the room!

I eventually made it back and soon we were on our way to the monorail

I was extra excited because I had never visited the World during Festival of the Arts, so it was a first timer day for me too!

Our PP photographer only took SUPER close up photos, but this one ended up being pretty nice! Rainbows in my sunglasses 🌈

This was Ian's first experience with a TRUE rope drop. I am not sure he loved the power walk to Soarin', but he appreciated not waiting in a long line for sure.

We had a great flight, with no screen issues. Ian liked this much better than at DLR (but we waited probably an hour for that one, so that might've helped :hilarious:)

Time for another favorite! I really enjoy Living with the Land, and Ian had fun on his first cruise. When he was young, he worked for many years at a greenhouse and so he really got a kick out of this.

(I had my phone at the ready to take this photo. Ian started to say "how did you know this was coming up?" and then shook his head when he remembered that this was not my first rodeo!)

After LWTL, Ian needed a morning pick me up from Sunshine Seasons. I do not have photo proof, so you will just have to trust me. I believe he got a cinnamon bun which was just okay.

It was time for our first FP, Test Track! I was excited for Ian to ride this as he is a BIG motor vehicle guy. In fact, when he came home to visit me this past weekend for our anniversary he purchased a new truck (the new Ford F250) and traded in his truck he had for less than a year :rolleyes: While I still drive my Escape that I bought after graduating college LOL)

To be continued..

annienevells

Original Poster
Day 6 continued...

It was already SO HOT out. I chose the first week of February for a few reasons. One of them being that it would be nice and hot out but not summer temps. Today felt like summer temps LOL

We eventually made it over to TT

Ian really put thought into the design of the car, where I usually try to make the silliest version I can think of

Check out my hair and Ian's face 😂

It was just approaching 11, so we made our way to World Showcase (slowly.. very slowly. Sweating ALL OVER)

I took this photo for my future FIL, as his name is Ralph!! He has not seen the movie, but Ian and I have seen both!

As we headed left toward Mexico, I decided I needed to try the glitter beer (for the photo and also to cool off with)

I tried a bunch of times, but it was very difficult to capture the glitter. It was very cool in person though!

Time to REALLY escape the heat!

At this point the heat and hunger was really starting to set in for both of us. Luckily, we had a lunch reservation coming up at Via Napoli! To Italy we go!

We were seated at a nice table by the window. We had a lovely server who wanted to know ALL about our engagement and wedding plans and it was actually very sweet how excited she was for us.

We were starving, so we started off with garlic bread and arancini

Yum!

For our meal, we split a half pepperoni and half carciofi pizza.

I surprised myself by finding I much preferred the pepperoni!

To be continued..

annienevells

Original Poster
Day 6 continued...

We were way too full for any kind of dessert, but our sweet server brought us out a celebratory treat

We left feeling full and happy, but worn down from the heat. We headed out of WS for now to accomplish a few things before a nice afternoon break

We checked out some of the chalk art!

We got in line for Nemo sans FP. Big mistake.. Ian got very cranky during this wait. We eventually made it to the loading zone after nearly 40 minutes.

For some reason this reminds me that we rode Mission Space after TT. I think I blocked it out of my memory because we rode Orange and I did NOT feel great after.

Despite our growing impatience with one another, I had Ian take a bubblegum wall photo of me

Time for our last FP of the afternoon - Spaceship Earth! The FP line was quite long, I thought SE must've been down at some point earlier in the day.

Cuties 😂

After this we headed straight for the monorail. I immediately claimed the murphy bed and passed out for nearly 2.5 hours! I guess the heat and the week were finally catching up with me!

To be continued..

lindawdw

I just signed on to your TR and got all caught up! Congratulations on your engagement!!! The photographer did an incredible job on your engagement photos! I love that you're documented this TR since it's Ian's first time to WDW. It's always so special when you plan a trip for a first timer. I've been to DL several times but WDW is my true love when it comes to the parks. I'm really enjoying hearing all about your adventure together and you've taken some wonderful pictures of the trip! BTW, my DH and I were there from February 5-11th!

annienevells

Original Poster
I can’t believe you guys look so fresh in the engagement photos - I always feel like I’m melting in Florida!
I know right? I'm always a sweaty hot mess!
I'll be honest here and say that we took lots of breaks in the shade haha and also like I mentioned the humidity was VERY low. When I'm in the parks I rock the baseball cap because I can't maintain my hair for longer than 20 minutes in Florida usually 😂

annienevells

Original Poster
I just signed on to your TR and got all caught up! Congratulations on your engagement!!! The photographer did an incredible job on your engagement photos! I love that you're documented this TR since it's Ian's first time to WDW. It's always so special when you plan a trip for a first timer. I've been to DL several times but WDW is my true love when it comes to the parks. I'm really enjoying hearing all about your adventure together and you've taken some wonderful pictures of the trip! BTW, my DH and I were there from February 5-11th!
Thank you so much! And I feel the same way about WDW. We probably crossed paths at some point in Feb!

fizzieee

I absolutely LOVE that shot of you guys with the monorail in the background. The colors are just perfect and you guys look fantastic! Congrats again! It looks like you guys had such a great time so far.... Thanks for sharing!

Oh bother!

I can answer this. No Disney resort balconies have screens. And since this gentleman had a first floor room, it was merely a concrete patio. Some of the patios have foliage around them, but I am guessing it was not enough to prevent @akneeconnors from getting an eyeful! :jawdrop:
We always stay at AKL so I was hoping others might have been different!

Sounds like this “gentleman” provided the worst possible view you could expect at Disney 🙈

BrerWayne

Day 6 continued...

It was already SO HOT out. I chose the first week of February for a few reasons. One of them being that it would be nice and hot out but not summer temps. Today felt like summer temps LOL

We eventually made it over to TT

View attachment 379331

Ian really put thought into the design of the car, where I usually try to make the silliest version I can think of

View attachment 379332

Check out my hair and Ian's face 😂

View attachment 379333

It was just approaching 11, so we made our way to World Showcase (slowly.. very slowly. Sweating ALL OVER)

View attachment 379334

I took this photo for my future FIL, as his name is Ralph!! He has not seen the movie, but Ian and I have seen both!

As we headed left toward Mexico, I decided I needed to try the glitter beer (for the photo and also to cool off with)

View attachment 379335

I tried a bunch of times, but it was very difficult to capture the glitter. It was very cool in person though!

View attachment 379337

Time to REALLY escape the heat!

View attachment 379338

At this point the heat and hunger was really starting to set in for both of us. Luckily, we had a lunch reservation coming up at Via Napoli! To Italy we go!

View attachment 379339

We were seated at a nice table by the window. We had a lovely server who wanted to know ALL about our engagement and wedding plans and it was actually very sweet how excited she was for us.

We were starving, so we started off with garlic bread and arancini

View attachment 379340

Yum!

For our meal, we split a half pepperoni and half carciofi pizza.

View attachment 379341

I surprised myself by finding I much preferred the pepperoni!

To be continued..
You said Ian is into cars. How did he like Test Track?

DisneyWinks

Day one continued...

We love theater and live shows, so Ian and I really enjoyed the antics and music.. and the FOOD. We each had more than our fair share, which was much needed after a long day of travel.

View attachment 377716

View attachment 377717

Our favorite part was this gentleman pulled up on stage in the wings. He was such a good sport and we were laughing so hard along with the entire hall!

We saved room for dessert and washboard playing of course!

View attachment 377718

View attachment 377719

As things started wrapping up, we were first to leave the theater to quickly get on a boat back to the Poly.

View attachment 377727

We had plans! We decided to check out the hot tub before watching HEA from the Poly beach. This was the BEST way to end day one.

View attachment 377725

I got very emotional during the show. I was in my favorite place on earth, with my best friend and future husband, and life couldn't be better. We both worked very hard over the past year to get us to this very moment and it felt amazing to finally get there.

I could not walk back to Moorea without a treat, so we stopped quickly at Captain Cook's to get a treat before returning to our room and watching some Stacey before hitting the hay.

View attachment 377726

We had breakfast plans for the morning! Stay tuned.

To be continued...
What channel do you watch Stacey on? My family and I love her but haven't been able to catch her over t he last couple of visits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom