Trip Report The Stalker Surfaces - A First Report for a Long Time Creeper Feb 2019!

Hello everyone!

My name is Annie and I am your friendly undercover WDW Magic Trip Report Stalker. I feel as though I know so many of you personally, as I have read SO MANY trip reports over the years. I travel for work, and often on these travels I find myself passing the time on the boards.

In my childhood, my family was of the "yearly vacation at Disney" sort until I went away for college:

(some things never change!)

I spent a lot of time during my college years and early professional life dreaming of my return to the World. In 2015, I finally became an annual passholder when I started a new job at a medical school here in Maine and began to travel the country (and Central Florida) quit a bit for conferences, events, etc. I have had MANY Disney World trips paid for by the University over the past few years, as well as fun ones with my friends and family!

I was prompted to write this report by my fiance, who suggested that I repay the favor of all you fine folks sharing your Disney adventures. So.. here we go!

When: February 1, 2019 - February 9, 2019

Who: Me (Annie) and my fiance (Ian)

Where: Polynesian Village Resort (renting DVC)

Why: Celebrating our ENGAGEMENT! Ian proposed one month prior to our trip after 6.5 years! We survived long distance, civilian service for the Navy separating us, and much more that made us feel deserving of a treat!

I went to get my nails done with my future sister-in-law this night directly after work. I waited until the very last minute because I wanted my nails looking as fresh as possible the following Tuesday for our engagement photo session on the grounds of the Poly-Grand :inlove: Fun fact: Ian has a twin brother and his wife is who I went with. People like to joke about how I know what my future children will look like based on his and his wife's (she favors me and I her).

This brings us to our next stop. Before I headed home post nail appointment, I had an important question to ask my nephew:

(he said YES! lol.. the dollar helped :hilarious:)

Once I had solidified my ring security for the big day, I headed home to my future hubby who had only just started packing UGH. I had been packed for nearly two weeks, but that is beside the point. My annoyance with his lack of packing motivation quickly turned to thoughts of "I can't believe I get to marry this man" when he handed me these upon my arrival:

Day 1: Friday, February 1, 2019
We live on the southern seacoast of Maine, so we are fortunate to live near a decent sized airport in Portland BUT I wanted a flight that would get us to Orlando ASAP. So naturally, I got us up on our first day of vacation at 2 AM to get to the bus station for our ride into Boston for our 6 AM flight. WORTH IT. Or.. not? We ended up delayed nearly two hours. How will we deal with the disappointment?

BREAKFAST PIZZA! And not pizza that has eggs and sausage.. actual pizza just eaten in the morning :hilarious:

Ian is NOT hugely a morning person, mostly because most days at home he either wakes up for work at 3 AM or works overnights. I told him I found the perfect snack for him:

Luckily, after almost 7 years he knows to expect this kind of behavior from me! As a side note: during this delay we were dealing with some drama back home. My older sister is getting married in the same year as me which is THIS ONE 2019 (her in June in Colorado and me in October in Maine). Isn't it interesting how some fun aspects of our loved ones personalities shine through during wedding planning? Ian had to keep reminding that we were on vacation and to deal with the drama upon our return but not a minute sooner!

We finally boarded around 8:30 AM and no sooner had we sat down, then Ian had already fallen asleep

That's right fella, rest up for the mouse!!

We had a very uneventful ride down, and soon we were taking a fonorail ride to our next destination and hopping on the DME!

(my sister made me the Future Mrs ears for the trip and I got so many compliments on them!)

To be continued...

Attachments

• IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 262

annienevells

Original Poster
Good morning everyone! In a real life update - I will be attending a conference at WDW June 18-21 and I just purchased my ticket this morning for the Villains After Hours event! I do most of these work trips solo, this one included. Maybe I will see some of your faces around!?

Day 4 continued..

We enjoyed a nice break back in our room. I even napped, which is rare for me! I think that Pina Colava did me in :hilarious: We headed for the monorail to return to MK with a couple goals in mind. I had grabbed a FP for Under the Sea (another first for Ian), and we also needed some food! Pooh's french toast felt like a distant memory at this point.

It was a lot easier walking down Main Street than it had been a few hours before prior to the parade.

The sun had really burned off most of the clouds and haze from earlier in the day.

We made it just in time for our FPs and started our journey under the sea

MAN I could not believe the amount of times we were stopped on this voyage. Ian kept turning to me and asking "is it always like this?" Sometimes? Not always? We still enjoyed our nautical adventure though!

After this, we were in desperate need of some food. Ian and I both love ANYTHING with buffalo sauce. Fries, chicken, cauliflower, it's all delicious. I had seen some Instagram posts featuring the buffalo chicken tots, so we made our way to try our luck. I convinced Ian that we should grab our food and find a spot in the hub to enjoy it prior to Happily Ever After.

These were REALLY good. We both enjoyed them. I will say though, they were not completely filling. After we ate, I needed a LITTLE bit more to fill my stomach.

THAT should do the trick!

I did not tell Ian much about HEA at all. We had seen the fireworks at DLR, but in my opinion there is no comparison.

Ian and I had a lot of fun playing Catch Phrase while we waited. The people around us were entertained, that's for sure. Have any of you seen the video of Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell on Ellen where they are describing food while blindfolded and they are TERRIBLE at it? That was us. Ian explains and gives clues in the most ABSURD way. Like.. using context clues that are so specific and niche that NOBODY could possibly guess. There were a couple points where the whole area was laughing AT us LOL

Eventually it was time to introduce Ian to HEA!

To be continued...

Swissmiss

Premium Member
My DD (13) loves milk and when we go to a restaurant she will usually order a glass of milk - nearly every time the server will look at me with an « is this ok? » look. It’s sometimes is a problem in that they don’t have a code for a glass of milk so sometimes we are charged for a hot cocoa, sometimes for a soda, and sometimes they’ve told us it was free because they couldn’t be bothered to figure out what to charge us.

Rista1313

I grew up drinking milk at every meal.... and then after my mom died and I moved it with my dad, I stopped drinking it as much. I'm not sure why. Every once in awhile, I still want a big cold glass of milk.

annienevells

Original Poster
I grew up drinking milk at every meal.... and then after my mom died and I moved it with my dad, I stopped drinking it as much. I'm not sure why. Every once in awhile, I still want a big cold glass of milk.
Lovin' the report! Gee, never knew adult didn't drink milk. :rolleyes:

You are making me seriously miss the Poly and now HEA!
Ok on the milk thing...my granddaddy always had milk with his dinner. It was just a thing! And he was definitely not a little baby :hilarious:
My DD (13) loves milk and when we go to a restaurant she will usually order a glass of milk - nearly every time the server will look at me with an « is this ok? » look. It’s sometimes is a problem in that they don’t have a code for a glass of milk so sometimes we are charged for a hot cocoa, sometimes for a soda, and sometimes they’ve told us it was free because they couldn’t be bothered to figure out what to charge us.

THANK YOU ALL for feeling me on the very unfunny milk comedy. You are my people LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom