Trip Report The Stalker Surfaces - A First Report for a Long Time Creeper Feb 2019!

Hello everyone!

My name is Annie and I am your friendly undercover WDW Magic Trip Report Stalker. I feel as though I know so many of you personally, as I have read SO MANY trip reports over the years. I travel for work, and often on these travels I find myself passing the time on the boards.

In my childhood, my family was of the "yearly vacation at Disney" sort until I went away for college:

(some things never change!)

I spent a lot of time during my college years and early professional life dreaming of my return to the World. In 2015, I finally became an annual passholder when I started a new job at a medical school here in Maine and began to travel the country (and Central Florida) quit a bit for conferences, events, etc. I have had MANY Disney World trips paid for by the University over the past few years, as well as fun ones with my friends and family!

I was prompted to write this report by my fiance, who suggested that I repay the favor of all you fine folks sharing your Disney adventures. So.. here we go!

When: February 1, 2019 - February 9, 2019

Who: Me (Annie) and my fiance (Ian)

Where: Polynesian Village Resort (renting DVC)

Why: Celebrating our ENGAGEMENT! Ian proposed one month prior to our trip after 6.5 years! We survived long distance, civilian service for the Navy separating us, and much more that made us feel deserving of a treat!

I went to get my nails done with my future sister-in-law this night directly after work. I waited until the very last minute because I wanted my nails looking as fresh as possible the following Tuesday for our engagement photo session on the grounds of the Poly-Grand :inlove: Fun fact: Ian has a twin brother and his wife is who I went with. People like to joke about how I know what my future children will look like based on his and his wife's (she favors me and I her).

This brings us to our next stop. Before I headed home post nail appointment, I had an important question to ask my nephew:

(he said YES! lol.. the dollar helped :hilarious:)

Once I had solidified my ring security for the big day, I headed home to my future hubby who had only just started packing UGH. I had been packed for nearly two weeks, but that is beside the point. My annoyance with his lack of packing motivation quickly turned to thoughts of "I can't believe I get to marry this man" when he handed me these upon my arrival:

Day 1: Friday, February 1, 2019
We live on the southern seacoast of Maine, so we are fortunate to live near a decent sized airport in Portland BUT I wanted a flight that would get us to Orlando ASAP. So naturally, I got us up on our first day of vacation at 2 AM to get to the bus station for our ride into Boston for our 6 AM flight. WORTH IT. Or.. not? We ended up delayed nearly two hours. How will we deal with the disappointment?

BREAKFAST PIZZA! And not pizza that has eggs and sausage.. actual pizza just eaten in the morning :hilarious:

Ian is NOT hugely a morning person, mostly because most days at home he either wakes up for work at 3 AM or works overnights. I told him I found the perfect snack for him:

Luckily, after almost 7 years he knows to expect this kind of behavior from me! As a side note: during this delay we were dealing with some drama back home. My older sister is getting married in the same year as me which is THIS ONE 2019 (her in June in Colorado and me in October in Maine). Isn't it interesting how some fun aspects of our loved ones personalities shine through during wedding planning? Ian had to keep reminding that we were on vacation and to deal with the drama upon our return but not a minute sooner!

We finally boarded around 8:30 AM and no sooner had we sat down, then Ian had already fallen asleep

That's right fella, rest up for the mouse!!

We had a very uneventful ride down, and soon we were taking a fonorail ride to our next destination and hopping on the DME!

(my sister made me the Future Mrs ears for the trip and I got so many compliments on them!)

To be continued...

Attachments

• IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 262

amjt660

Premium Member
Hello and welcome to the world of trip reporting!!

You are doing a great job !

I love the early morning poly picture - very artistic

Shout out to Corey Hart - good Canadian boy!!

Congratulations on the engagement and on taking your fiancé to wdw for the first time

I am (of course) following

Max

annienevells

Original Poster
Your commentary is CRACKING ME UP!! Some things:

-love the Gushole photo, too funny!

-all of your photos are amazing, though I have to give big shoutouts to the sunrise Poly one, the Slinky Dog Dash one, and the one your server took at SciFi! So adorable!

-I will still like you even as a Steelers fan.

-not saying that he's ever done it, but what the naked man was saying sounds exactly like something my husband would say in our room/ balcony! :hilarious:

Gus is VERY cute but VERY MUCH a puppy at heart. Calling him a Gushole gets out our frustration while not getting too angry 😂😂

I appreciate you sticking around my Pats loving report!

And honestly.. When I told Ian the story, while he didn’t believe me, he told me to let the man enjoy his vacation LOL

annienevells

Original Poster
Ah! I am loving this!
P.S. I am obsessed with your pink dress from your first picture of the two of you
Thank you! More pictures of the pink dress to come! Also - I just read your DLR report recently with your mom (not the first of your reports I’ve read, so thank for providing lots of reading material for me!)

Any chance you were at the OMED conference in San Diego? I was there that week too and went to DLR shortly after you did!! If so, I’m willing to bet we have crossed paths in years past without knowing!

Thanks for reading!!

annienevells

Original Poster
Just caught up!! I've thought of so many things to comment on, but now I've forgotten them :hilarious: Oh well. The main thing is CONGRATULATIONS!!! October is a good month for matrimony (our anniversary is the 6th ;))

Your ring is amaaaaazingly gorgeous. Nice work, Ian!
Ah thank you! Your last report made me go “DANG I can barely take care of MYSELF at Disney, look at her go!” I know it was a rough visit but you’re a Super Mom to me!!

annienevells

Original Poster
Hello and welcome to the world of trip reporting!!

You are doing a great job !

I love the early morning poly picture - very artistic

Shout out to Corey Hart - good Canadian boy!!

Congratulations on the engagement and on taking your fiancé to wdw for the first time

I am (of course) following

Max
Thanks for following Max!! Those mornings at the Poly really set the trip apart from others for me. I hope this first trip prompts many more for my husband to be!

annienevells

Original Poster
So I can so I can watch you weave then breathe your story lines😎

And I have no privacy🎤🎼

Also, my husband is a Cowboy fan so I feel your pain! Born in Brooklyn and lived on long island his whole life. When he was younger he made his friends call him TD Tony, after Tony Dorsett. 😬
He is so lucky I did not know him then!!!

Congrats and loving the report!
Haha! I shared this comment with him and it made him laugh! My family (real salt of the earth Boston folk) have a hard time with the whole Cowboys fandom - but I somehow put up with it! 😂

Doc Disney

Thank you! More pictures of the pink dress to come! Also - I just read your DLR report recently with your mom (not the first of your reports I’ve read, so thank for providing lots of reading material for me!)

Any chance you were at the OMED conference in San Diego? I was there that week too and went to DLR shortly after you did!! If so, I’m willing to bet we have crossed paths in years past without knowing!

Thanks for reading!!

Yes!!! I was at OMED! We probably did cross paths thats so funny!

annienevells

Original Poster
Happy Monday!

I feel like writing a trip update is a nice way to ease into the work week, so here I am. I hope you all had an amazing weekend. Ian surprised me by driving all the way home from base in Connecticut to spend our anniversary day together before turning right around and driving back. Like the good Disney obsessed folk we are, our date was to see Aladdin! So good! Now, back to February..

Day 4: Monday. February 4th 2019

On this morning I JUMPED out of bed. We were finally headed to Magic Kingdom! As badly as I wanted to be at MK prior to this moment, I wanted lower crowd levels for Ian's first experience with my favorite place on Earth. We had a pre park opening breakfast to get to!

We joined a small group taking the monorail from the Poly to head toward MK. We did not even pick up more than 5-10 at the GF and soon we were at the tapstiles and arriving.

The PhotoPass CM who took this could not or would not take a straight on photo, though took many. She kept talking about how her night was just SO CRAZY and couldn't believe she even made it to work today. Rough Super Bowl celebrations?

This was the first morning that felt genuinely chilly! It was very overcast and it felt on the verge of rain all morning. It never did though! Actually, besides our first night darting through the storm at DS - we had no rain at all!

We headed over for some breakfast with the gang!

We probably waited about 10 minutes before we were sat inside. I kept overhearing a conversation between two women talking about how this was the best place on property to eat with Mickey and pals... I was making crazy eyes at Ian until he told me that these folks will figure it out and that I need not be the one to break it to them LOL

I was very excited about my ears from Etsy on this day. I received many compliments, but there were folks who were genuinely confused about the theme. Ian decided to model them. You all know the movie right!?!

Our server was quick and efficient with our drinks and giving us the low down on the buffet and characters. We saw Tigger out and about, but he had quite a few tables before ours, so we headed to the food! I was very excited to try Pooh's french toast and was not disappointed. I tried a bunch of different options, and ended up leaving the restaurant quite full!

Our server started doing a weird bit that I was a baby because I ordered skim milk with my breakfast (I come from a family where almost every sit down breakfast or dinner required milk LOL). It was a bit odd how heavily he was leaning into it. He asked Ian if he would get lonely riding Space Mountain alone since "the baby" would not be able to join 🤷‍♀️

Our friends started to make the rounds

And then we waited... and waited... and waited for Pooh. Anxious to make use of a relatively quiet and cool MK, we had to settle for a drive by photo of the silly old bear

Maybe next time Pooh!!

Time to find a some swashbuckling adventures

First stop was Pirates! Ian did not do Pirates at DLR, so this was a first for him

His thoughts: "You didn't tell me we'd get wet!!" LOL Well bud, I tried my best to not get front row but sometimes a gal gets unlucky.

FP time was approaching for our favorite ride, BTMR! Ian and I say to each other all the time "It's the wildest ride in the wiiiiilderness!" At DLR we must've gone on 5-6 times in one day. Not bad, just trying to be @Tuvalu over here. I had hopes that Ian would enjoy the WDW version just as much.

To be continued...

annienevells

Original Poster
Day 4 continued...

How did Ian like this version?!

All smiles!! We had a wild ride and had plans to return again! Next up: Splash! Ian was completely against doing this. He was still quite wet from Pirates. Additionally, the first time we went to DLR, I took him on the Matterhorn first thing in the morning and we got DRENCHED. I mean soaked all the way through and it was not a particularly hot day. I think he was scarred from that experience 😂

We had FPs, and I love Splash, so I left Ian to take a load off for awhile and headed for the queue. I noticed that the wait time was only 15 minutes, so I hopped in standby and while I waited I changed our FPs to Buzz ones for later on. I knew this would surprise Ian and make him happy! He loved Buzz at DLR. Also he loves beating me at any and all games haha!

Me and my date for Splash:

Ian was watching at the bottom of the plunge and waved at me as I passed through! When I exited the ride and found him waiting, he told me he regretted his decision to not ride - especially as we were at the Poly and if he REALLY had gotten soaked he could've make a quick change. Can you guess if I had made this argument before the ride? :rolleyes::hilarious:

I need to return to our ride photo from Pirates to details our feelings in this moment:

(hey Mr. Grumpy Gills)

Oh well! This was also officially time for a bio break, so I convinced Ian to take a stroll to the most beautiful bathrooms on earth! He was impressed. We saw Tangled together, and so he wondered why this was her park representation (apart from the M&G). Fair question!

It was definitely starting to heat up, so we opted to sit and cool off in the dark for awhile. Another first for my husband to be!

We were all the way on the far side of the theater, and both of our glasses had seen better days. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, but the screen quality was pretty low for us. I saw that the teacups were only a 10 minute wait, so we walked on over for a spin!

And .. Ian's feeling about the teacups?

(I think somebody felt a liiiiiittle nauseous)

I told Ian "I need some space"

This kind of space!! Those FPs weren't going to cash THEMSELVES in. We had such a fun ride. I am the type of gal who laugh screams during rollercoaster rides. My natural reaction is hysteria I guess, but Ian thinks it is funny! We had some time to kill before those Buzz FPs I had made in line for Splash, so I introduced Ian to a classic.

As you might be able to guess, we immediately had a People Mover fan! Ian loved the chance to relax and take it all in and see things sort of "behind the scenes".

To be continued...

Last edited:

annienevells

Original Poster
Day 4 continued..

I would like to add that immediately after taking this photo Ian scolded me about manners and made me put my feet on the ground :hilarious: I guess our Crystal Palace server was right - I AM a baby.

On to Buzz!

No Galactic Heroes in this vehicle, but can you guess who the winner was?

As we excited, we were hit full on with two things: the heat of the afternoon sun, and the preparation for the start of the Super Bowl parade that was set to begin in less than two hours. We quickly ducked into Laugh Factory to escape, and also to come up with a game plan. Ian and I both enjoyed the show!

As much as it felt like a unique opportunity and a chance to brag to my family and friends that I got to see Tom Brady, the crowds were already insufferable. We decided to tackle a few more things before taking an afternoon break. The first - we needed to have a treat that would cool us down.

We decided to try out the citrus swirl to share. This is where we received a nice magical moment! I ordered our one treat, with the CM at the register congratulating me on our engagement. When we went to pick up our swirl, she personally handed me two and told me to enjoy the day. I thanked her over and over and wrote a tweet to WDW for a Cast Compliment! We were happy to have our very own swirls, no sharing involved.

We sat in the small area just behind Sunshine Tree Terrace to enjoy these. I could not believe the amount of people who exclaimed "where did you get that?!" when they saw us. It was nice to just point behind us to indicate where it was from :hilarious:

We made way to board a cruise. Ian was not excited to ride Jungle Cruise, so I was glad we got a FP after Buzz for it. At DLR, we had the WORST skipper, and I think that tainted it for him.

We had a great skipper on this cruise and she was on point with her jokes and deadpan. While we were in line for Jungle Cruise, I spotted a FP for Small World coming up within the next 10 minutes. I told Ian that would be the LAST ride before break time (it was hot and crowded and somebody was a little cranky. Who is the baby now?!)

We had a nice trip on the happiest cruise that ever sailed. Ian enjoys this, but he does not enjoy me singing along the entire time LOL

We braced ourselves to tackle to crowds on Main Street to get out of the park before the parade started, and the countdown was on with only 10 minutes to go.

For me, it was really cool to see a sea of Patriots jerseys around the hub. I did not take any photos along the way because it was a real cluster trying to get out. Once we finally did, we opted for a relaxing boat ride back to the Poly to enjoy some fresh air.

We made it back in one piece, but fresh air we did not find on our boat. It was hot and uncomfortable. I needed something cold and with a kick before we returned to Moorea.

YUM! This really hit the spot. Ian has NO interest in drinking when it's that hot out, so I was on my own. I was glad I did, because it really did the trick!

To be continued..

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I’m not sure how some people could be unclear on the theme of your ears?! Though, in typing that I remembered being at the table next to a mother with her teenage son and a younger daughter (maybe about 8) at the Auberge de Cendrillon in DLP - they had no clue who the various princesses were, and they were grateful that I kept leaning over and letting them know before the princess got to their table...

annienevells

Original Poster
I’m not sure how some people could be unclear on the theme of your ears?! Though, in typing that I remembered being at the table next to a mother with her teenage son and a younger daughter (maybe about 8) at the Auberge de Cendrillon in DLP - they had no clue who the various princesses were, and they were grateful that I kept leaning over and letting them know before the princess got to their table...
Right?! And good on you for not getting tricky with them and telling them wrong names on purpose :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom