The Springs construction

rangerbob

I need to remember to find a suit and top hat the next time I go to Downtown Disney. I need to make sure I dress like they want us to.

toolsnspools

This shows why they're installing pipes all along the edge of the spring. You can see them in the construction photos. springs will "bubble" around the edges. That should be cool.

jt04

I love that they are wedging in a slice of what made the original LBV Shopping District so beautiful. Really hope that is what the art work shows. And a 'Tianas Place' would truly be a gem if they add it. Icing on the cake. Gets better everyday. :)

Calmdownnow

The latest photos show some of these buildings are quite substantial , but the artwork shows trees towering over the buildings. Are we likely to see this sort of mature planting in the Springs. plus, alot of the artwork shows no fencing between the water and the shoreline - would Disney health and safety allow this?

Just an additional comment - if we are going to see trees of the height shown in the "pastries" artwork, then Disney Springs will be so much more alive than any other Florida mall and will kick Citiwalk into the hills!

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

The latest photos show some of these buildings are quite substantial , but the artwork shows trees towering over the buildings. Are we likely to see this sort of mature planting in the Springs. plus, alot of the artwork shows no fencing between the water and the shoreline - would Disney health and safety allow this?
no the lawyers (may they all be fed to to the T-Rex) will allow no such thing... now if they planted shrubbery and placed post and rope 'chicken wire' style fencing -- that gradually would disappear into the shrub wall

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Does anyone know if these areas near Planet Hollywood had fencing or are they using a more natural looking barrier?

Capture.JPG

Next Big Thing

Are they actually building Tiana's Place? That would be amazing. I think that's supposed to be little Tiana and her family in that concept art.

That was the first thing that popped into my head, too! I wish, I wish, I wish...
@WDW1974 said that Fulton's is on it's way out soon and there have been rumors of it turning into a New Orleans style restaurant so it'd make sense, but nothing has been confirmed at all.

dstrawn9889

Not always, as evidenced by this view along the Sassagoula River at Port Orleans:

port-orleans.jpg

But I agree, Disney Springs will be effectively cordoned off by landscaping or barricades (fencing).
allright i concede the point there, but then again the water is more than 6 feet away from the sidewalk, not 18 inches... i do not understand it on the sassagula, that might be the next lawyer-up section of the park (since all the pools are now fenced)

gsimpson

Apparently this is going to be the place to go after an outing to Churchill downs, or perhaps Church Street Station (if that even still exists).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom