The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

The Empress Lilly

That is part of what I have heard, yes.

But I have been out of the O-Town loop for a bit ... and, let's face it, O-Town is quite loopy to begin with.

As I spent much of my holidays abroad with a special someone (we'll call her 'Angie M.' here), we often walked into town through a REAL medieval castle and all I could think about was how crazy folks get over a fake fiberglass girlie castle at the MK. It doesn't even have a kewl dragon in the dungeon like DLP does!

Back to the original topic ... all I can say right now is that both the MK coaster and the Hogwart's Express have fallen quite behind schedule and that is why neither Disney or UNI will come close to giving opening dates out yet. I believe they'll both be open by early summer ... BUT we shall see ...
I hope you had a faBOLous time with her!

Which places in DLP offered free refills? Any in the parks?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I probably shouldn't talk since I have plans for multiple DCL voyages as well as visits to DLR and TDR on my agenda for the rest of the year ... and I'll certainly visit WDW a few times and UNI as well ... but I don't blog or tweet about it and I don't live it 24/7 (although for matters of full disclosure I am typing this while wearing a DL tee) but I get the feeling that for many Disney lovers life is what they kill in between giving Bob Iger their money.

I was away for six weeks. I spent four days at DLP. The rest of the trip involved touring through France and Germany. I loved all of it. I even felt what single digit weather feels like again for the first time since I was 8 or 9 and did not like it (but did like snow and temps in the 30s and 40s more than a day like today where it is humid and 84 in paradise!)

BTW, while we are talking Lifestylers, heard that one of my faves @WDWFigment took a DCL voyage this weekend. I can't wait to hear about it. Good thing about those is you can stay on deck all night to take pics and don't have to get it arranged by Dr. Blondie in advance!

Should I mention a MAGICal trip on the High Seas is in the works? Expect a note soon. Welcome back, sir!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Started to say in another post that other sources have, apparently, suggested that a new attraction that won't be a ride will open in 2015 at HKDL for the 10th anniversary and ahead of the Iron Man Experience (terrible name for a ride) in 2016.

I haven't talked to anyone in a while, but I'll go out on a very short limb and tell you that they will finally 'fill' the castle in by adding a version of the Sleeping Beauty walk-thru from Anaheim.

It was supposed to go in for opening as the castle is a 100% reproduction of the Anaheim original and has the space. It won't be pricey and along with the new day and nigh parades will give HKDL a lot to market for the anniversary leading up to IME in 2016.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Glad your back! Can't wait to hear what all u have for us to discuss!

I actually do still watch SHIELD, it's ok, nothing special. At least ABC is keeping it around to see what kind of viewership it can garner, rather than going the FOX route and canceling new shows 2 episodes in for "low ratings" ...

It probably is safer than FOX's The Following, which I have on now (and just witnessed two grisly murders in about 90 seconds) and I sampled last year before deciding against it.

Glad Walking Dead is back this weekend, but also dread it a bit as I didn't enjoy the way the first half of the season wrapped.

BTW, you've never lived until you've watched Married With Children dubbed into German!

WDW1974

Original Poster
I hope you had a faBOLous time with her!

Which places in DLP offered free refills? Any in the parks?

She is a beautiful, intelligent and, most of all, fun VIP. So, yeah, I did. Thanks.

The only in park locale that I got free refills at was the mediocre Plaza Gardens buffet. I had never tried it and many friends had been there and said it was decent to very good. I'd say more like mediocre myself.

BTW, didn't do Walt's this time (it is an always do, but felt like it was time to try more places) but they used to do free refills there, but I noticed a few trips ago (2009 maybe?) that they had switched to the bottles.

Earl of Sandwich, which has had a fountain since opening but always said no refills, has changed its policy and now you can get them is even advertising that feature on leaflets at the Disney Resorts.

I could be wrong, but I sense that more places on the Continent are starting to get the idea that self serve is the way to go.

WDW1974

Original Poster
One quickee and then I am off for the night, but amidst all the talk of everything at WDW (sans Pandora, Disney Springs and DVC) being on hold or at a snail's pace (true) I did want to mention there is one exception and that is the new Soarin Over the World. It will debut at EPCOT around the same time as it will at DCA (no matter what Miceage might have you believe!)

|Q|

So, y'all may have noticed I haven't been around much of late.

Welcome back Spirit, glad you had fun on this side of the ocean.

and can someone tell me why MARVEL'S Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is still on?

I think AoS is getting (maybe a little too slowly) better. I was disappointed that it wasn't from the start the piece of great TV that could have been, but first seasons are often rocky. Anyway, even if the ratings dropped hard from the premiere, but it's still one of the most watched shows in the 18-49 demo, and it's number one ABC show for male viewers. I'm pretty sure it will have at least a second season (can't wait to see MODOK, and maybe green haired Skye. but these are just my speculations)

Do you bring back any news from Chessy?

ezralou

About the new Soarin film- I recall a March 12 filming date in FL; true? I only remember that specific date as it is my son's birthday.

BrianLo

Started to say in another post that other sources have, apparently, suggested that a new attraction that won't be a ride will open in 2015 at HKDL for the 10th anniversary and ahead of the Iron Man Experience (terrible name for a ride) in 2016.

I haven't talked to anyone in a while, but I'll go out on a very short limb and tell you that they will finally 'fill' the castle in by adding a version of the Sleeping Beauty walk-thru from Anaheim.

It was supposed to go in for opening as the castle is a 100% reproduction of the Anaheim original and has the space. It won't be pricey and along with the new day and nigh parades will give HKDL a lot to market for the anniversary leading up to IME in 2016.

Good! Now HKDL just needs to turn its attention back to Fantasyland by the end of the decade, it is certainly the "worst" by virtue of having so few rides (Fantasyland, not HKDL as a whole). That said the government has suggested they want to plow ahead with the remaining unused acreage, so we can't be that far off. There is money to be had with the opening of the Zhuhai bridge, they'll want to capitalize on it and get that second park off in short order.

I'm excited to see attendance numbers now that the expansion is complete.

I'm also excited to hear your thoughts on DLP Spirit. It was in rough shape in August.

JimboJones123

One quickee and then I am off for the night, but amidst all the talk of everything at WDW (sans Pandora, Disney Springs and DVC) being on hold or at a snail's pace (true) I did want to mention there is one exception and that is the new Soarin Over the World. It will debut at EPCOT around the same time as it will at DCA (no matter what Miceage might have you believe!)
Without building a 3rd or 4th (it really could use 4) theater, why bother creating even more demand?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Welcome back. For not having a lot of news to share you still dropped a few good nuggets out there. I'm guessing this will be over 50 pages by the time I log back in tomorrow night. An update to the Soarin film is welcome. I'm not that broken up about Mine Train (other than missing my 3/20 guess for soft opening in the poll). It's been soooo long already, what's a few more months. First I heard about problems with Pottter 2.0. I look forward to hearing more about that. Hope its nothing major.

NearTheEars

I haven't been around long, maybe 4 or 5 months, but why is it a bad thing to be a "lifestyler," or why would someone deny it?

I guess I can't really say I'm not one. We go to WDW about twice a month. But mainly because we live so close by. Once it heats up though, the beach will be a more frequent destination.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Welcome back!

Interesting information about the dwarves train, would love to hear more about that. I'm still dying to see two full grown adults (ie, hefty mom and pop, packs and all) seated in the cart. From the looks of them, I can't imagine there would be... Ample room for two of size.

Anyhow, glad to see you around, and that you had a great trip. Welcome back to reality!

PhotoDave219

I haven't been around long, maybe 4 or 5 months, but why is it a bad thing to be a "lifestyler," or why would someone deny it?

I guess I can't really say I'm not one. We go to WDW about twice a month. But mainly because we live so close by. Once it heats up though, the beach will be a more frequent destination.

Well. Do you actively seek out attention through social media for your activities at WDW? If not, you're not a lifestyler and I wouldnt worry....

stevehousse

Loved the first season of The Following,not sure how I feel about the new season though?!?

I could care less about the new soarin update, a it is one of the biggest let downs of an experience! Everyone on this site hypes it up and I was dissappointed and will not be wasting a FP+ pick or my time in line for that again!

Any news on Journey? Is it still closing down? Refurb a go ahead? Anything for this park would be great, but I think only giving Epcot an updated Soarin film is a big to Epcot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom