The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I seem to recall 200 but I could be wrong hopefully Spirit will straighten it out
$200M sounds a little high for a clone and considering the whole project was supposed to be $450M. It really doesn't matter though. If the DHS budget is in the ballpark of the DCA makeover there will be. A whole lot more than carnie rides. Budgets can be cut, but as of the latest word from insiders it's a pretty significant project.

Mike S

Sweet! Tell me what I've won...
image.jpg

Animaniac93-98

I have plenty more thoughts, but I'm not sure whether more than 2-3 of you actually care about the Asian parks, so I'll stop rambling now. If you want to know more, just ask...

I care about the Asian parks and would very much like to hear more on them from you and others.

Just like we all post on DCL, UNI (here and abroad), DLP, DVC and the whole Disney world beyond Disney World (as someone so well put it).

TalkingHead

You better make it 2-3 more years if you want to see something both, substantial and completed.

Yeah, I'll be good until then. It's not like I'm dying to ride POTC or Splash again. I can wait a few years. It's saying something that WDW hasn't only matched Gringotts, but they haven't even matched Forbidden Journey or Spidey or Transformers.

Pitiful how far the "worldwide leader" has fallen behind.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
$200M sounds a little high for a clone and considering the whole project was supposed to be $450M. It really doesn't matter though. If the DHS budget is in the ballpark of the DCA makeover there will be. A whole lot more than carnie rides. Budgets can be cut, but as of the latest word from insiders it's a pretty significant project.

I think the number comes from much of the rockwork being allocated to Mermaid not that the ride itself cost that much. Perhaps the real insiders have a better view of what Mermaid cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom