The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PhotoDave219

Lou is a former lawyer, I feel like he could easily sue them for trespassing without reason. He owns his own website and can report whatever he wants on it. It's literally trespassing without reason at that point.

Disney can find a reason. Especially if you charge for your own tours of WDW.

My point is they can cut him off at any point if they wanted.

Nubs70

Tbh, what can Disney do? Stop inviting him to evbl? him the privileges they've been allowing him?

If he really wants to go full bore and change how he's reporting Disney, he can do whatever the hell he wants. All he needs to do is buy a ticket like any other guest.

Now is this likely to happen, nope. It'd hurt him in the long run from selling his tours. But if for some reason Lou wanted to revolt, it's not like they could stop him.
Disney could take away his compensation and return him to full time consumer status. Do you think his blog might change tone?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

Next Big Thing

Disney could take away his compensation and return him to full time consumer status. Do you think his blog might change tone?
1.) You are pretty much rehasing what I said
2.) I clearly stated it isn't likely he'll ever change the tone of his blog because it would affect his business.

So I ask you, what is your point?

Disneyhead'71

I don't think he's compensated directly by the company.

But the good higher up folks in one of the PR/Media offices may stop hooking him up with things.
Like free cruises?

But, the be honest, I don't think it was a veiled threat as much as a warning to Disney/TDO that they are losing control of the message through the plethora social media sites. And these forums are a great example of that.

Disney is learning a painful lesson that you can't control the message any longer with just marketing taglines. We are in a new era where the phrase "word of mouth" has taken on global implications. The only way to "positively" control the message now is with an impressively high quality product.

Last edited:

Nubs70

Listened to an interesting exchange with Jim Cramer on the topic of IBM.
  • He stated that the stock price of IBM is solely the result of buybacks.
  • Buybacks are unsustainable.
  • IBM is producing nothing new.
  • IBM is failing to compete in new technology spaces
This is an observation Disney needs to use for a bit of introspection.

Does Po4 have any readily available data to compare IBM buybacks to $DIS buybacks?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
[/You are now entering Fantasyland]

2 topics posted today in the general WDW area should show why Disney would be concerned:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/have-you-ever-not-felt-the-magic.892237/

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/wdw-still-amazing.892239/

If these types of topics were to multiply across the various fan sites and were supported by those the real media goes to for their stories....hmmmmm....

[/Your exit from Fantasyland is here...]

We can dream right?

*1023*

There are similar threads on The board which must not be named

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Listened to an interesting exchange with Jim Cramer on the topic of IBM.
  • He stated that the stock price of IBM is solely the result of buybacks.
  • Buybacks are unsustainable.
  • IBM is producing nothing new.
  • IBM is failing to compete in new technology spaces
This is an observation Disney needs to use for a bit of introspection.

Does Po4 have any readily available data to compare IBM buybacks to $DIS buybacks?

And IBM paid 4.7 billion to have someone take over their chip fab which makes the chips for IBM s only profitable product lines.

Note the recurrent theme in American business no one wants to do the heavy lifting required to be competitive. They just want to do financial engineering

PhotoDave219

Apparently I am in a time machine today. Steve just put out there that animal kingdom is closing at six today. Studios is closing at seven. Epcot is it's normal 9 o'clock and Magic Kingdom has a party so it also closes at seven.

What is this, 2004? Guest attendance is pretty heavy the past couple weeks… There's nothing to justify closing the parks this early.

Nemo14

Apparently I am in a time machine today. Steve just put out there that animal kingdom is closing at six today. Studios is closing at seven. Epcot is it's normal 9 o'clock and Magic Kingdom has a party so it also closes at seven.

What is this, 2004? Guest attendance is pretty heavy the past couple weeks… There's nothing to justify closing the parks this early.
but at least in 2004, you could have headed to the AC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom