The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Mike S

It's good to be back, I'll tell you all how Gringotts is ;)
image.jpg

Mike S

One thing I've noticed since I'm here is that the Dragons fire breath is much smaller than it was during soft openings. Anyone know why?

Mike C

One thing I've noticed since I'm here is that the Dragons fire breath is much smaller than it was during soft openings. Anyone know why?

I'm sure they are still adjusting it. Weather an wear will determine that. If there's a mild to strong breeze it may look more impressive. If it's very windy I'm sure they'll turn it off. When they had the extended confetti fall at grand opening they shut it off due to concerns the confetti would turn into a rain of fire. So safety overrules all.

I'm just curious how long it will be until some unfortunate bird flies into the path.

Mike S

I'm sure they are still adjusting it. Weather an wear will determine that. If there's a mild to strong breeze it may look more impressive. If it's very windy I'm sure they'll turn it off. When they had the extended confetti fall at grand opening they shut it off due to concerns the confetti would turn into a rain of fire. So safety overrules all.

I'm just curious how long it will be until some unfortunate bird flies into the path.
I've thought of that same thing. Free fried bird :hungry:

Goofyernmost

No, no, no, it's a moo point. It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's moo.

I think you mean, "a moo point"... you know as in it doesn't matter, like a cow's opinion.
That's nice... Joey Tribbiani fans amongst our little group.
joey2.jpg

OMG, that attraction isn't running out of gas already is it?

flyerjab

I'm at the Wilderness Lodge right now, staying in the Villas. (Chaperoning only 5 teenagers this time, not like the 10 we watched last time at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.:D) They also have construction going on here for the water feature. From what I've been told, it's been dragging on for some time. It does seem odd that TDO would OK simultaneous construction for 3 of the Magic Kingdom's 4 Deluxe Resorts during summer season.

Wilderness Lodge occupancy is 79%, surprisingly low during vacation season for what's perhaps WDW's least expensive Deluxe Resort, one that's conveniently close to the Magic Kingdom.

I genuinely was pleased yesterday when I bought a half-gallon of milk at the WL store for only $2.99, a really good price for a hotel store. I commend whoever made the decision to not price gouge on a basic food staple.

@ParentsOf4, we will be at the WL on Monday. Also at the Villas. Don't worry, I don't stalk fellow forum members.

Cesar R M

Ahh, but the Avengerail can't/couldn't go through Epcot.

Uni only has The Avengers characters secured. I'm sure both sides could make a case for/against Guardians in use at WDW - that they technically appear as honorary Avengers here and there - but imo I feel like it needs to be more than that for a stop to be put to anything involving characters not within the immediate Avenger family.
Are we really going for the same discussion for the 7th time?
I though there was a forum thread specifically for this due of the drama involved? lol.

Wow.

That is actually quite hilarious.
The irony at its best!

71jason

But just right for the Millennials that draw Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragons crossover fandom art.

I don't think the love of HtTYD is a Millenial thing so much as an internet thing. With the exception of Pinterest, everything on the internet skews toward nerdy males; they are disproportionately represented on any website, even Disney fan boards.

Hence, the online love of Wall-E (nerdy loner, ends up with out-of-his league dream girl), but hatred of Cars (arrogant jock wins everyone's love and respect, ends up with in-his-league dream girl)--in complete contrast to box office performance and merchandise sales in the real world.

Or the irrational hatred fanbois (and I do mean boys, especially on Twitter) of a nerdy bespectacled wizard have for a temporary DHS event featuring a blond teenage queen who is exactly the kind of girl who never would have talked to them in high school.

HtTYD was a decently received cartoon that really spoke to nerds; they can't seem to come to grips with the fact everyone else liked it fine then forgot it existed 10 minutes after leaving the theater.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm at the Wilderness Lodge right now, staying in the Villas. (Chaperoning only 5 teenagers this time, not like the 10 we watched last time at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.:D) They also have construction going on here for the water feature. From what I've been told, it's been dragging on for some time. It does seem odd that TDO would OK simultaneous construction for 3 of the Magic Kingdom's 4 Deluxe Resorts during summer season.

Wilderness Lodge occupancy is 79%, surprisingly low during vacation season for what's perhaps WDW's least expensive Deluxe Resort, one that's conveniently close to the Magic Kingdom.

I genuinely was pleased yesterday when I bought a half-gallon of milk at the WL store for only $2.99, a really good price for a hotel store. I commend whoever made the decision to not price gouge on a basic food staple.
You are starting to rival Spirit with all these vacations;).

I wonder if they finally realized that places like garden grocer still make a good profit without completely ripping people off. Hard to believe, but maybe.

PhotoDave219

Or the irrational hatred fanbois (and I do mean boys, especially on Twitter) of a nerdy bespectacled wizard have for a temporary DHS event featuring a blond teenage queen who is exactly the kind of girl who never would have talked to them in high school.

Thats interesting. Hope to god none of them are "Mens Rights Advocates" or whatever that crap is. You know, the type of guy who went on a murdering rampage in California because he couldnt get a girl?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom