The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Cesar R M

Some of he costumes that Universal use for their Marvel characters are just hideous. Especially the Spiderman costume compared to the one being used at Disneyland Paris
We are talking about M&G characters right?
I was merely talking about the attractions... never seen the costumes myself o_O

As for the pictures I seen on google; they(the suit of spiderman) really look like the ancient version of the 90's and 80's.

homerdance

Swolphin rooms are normally around $179/night and those hotels compare with any deluxe room Disney offers with walking to both Epcot and DHS.

To provide the opposing view, we stayed at the Swan a couple years ago (and are staying at the Dolphin next trip), and had a great experience. Staff was friendly, we got a free upgrade to a balcony room, and had no problems with our room. As for "hidden fees" there is a $20 a night resort fee but they make it very clear that you have to pay when you book. We didn't get hit with any other fees. Thing I like best about these hotels is the location. These are the least expensive hotels you will find on property that are walking distance to a park. I also really like the great selection of restaurants in the hotels.

The $20 resort fee is a hidden fee, they may show it when you book but not when you are initially comparing prices. This is the new business model, advertise low rates but trick folks into paying more with fees. It is what airlines tried to do and what cell phone companies do all the time. But as long as you think you got a good deal, happy for you.

Cesar R M

To me they're a one trick pony who's only good movie was the first Despicable Me. When I saw #2 I was utterly disappointed. It was one the worst movies I had to sit through that I was at first very excited to see. I can't personally speak for the quality of Hop or Lorax as I haven't seen them but from what I've read they don't seem any different. Just putting my opinion out there.
Lorax was ok.
HOP felt a lot like PLANES( just for little kids), the acting was atrocious (of the male lead).

I think #2 of Despicable me was very good. Still good jokes.. but they still overused a lot of the old styled jokes (the minions).
Didn't @Lee say he was going to be back tonight to drop some knowledge on us?
Ahem, Spirit already posted a few pages ago.

Last edited:

Stevek

Lorax was ok.
HOP felt a lot like PLANES( just for little kids), the acting as atrocious (of the male lead).

I think #2 of Despicable me was very good. Still good jokes.. but they still overused a lot of the old styled jokes (the minions).

Ahem, Spirit already posted a few pages ago.
I think that was late yesterday. According to the page before us, he should be back anytime tonight.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Lorax was ok.
HOP felt a lot like PLANES( just for little kids), the acting as atrocious (of the male lead).

Hop worked best when it was all cartoon content. The live-action only stuff ranged from dull to cringeworthy, and I actually like James Marsden (he's been in much better movies).

I thought Despicable Me 2 was good and really funny. Not as good as the first, but sequels rarely are.

dhall

A few of us have been talking about this topic already but the masses seem to have not picked up on it.
The masses think the techies are overpaid as it is, so collusion to keep them down to only double the median income doesn't cause a lot of sympathy.

Edit -- I'm guessing that, on this board, the controversy is more over animators than developers, but this is all coming out of the SteveJobs-lead Apple/Adobe/Google/Oracle/Facebook wage-fixing case, which has gotten a fair amount of attention in the technical press.

Suspirian

http://www.tv2.no/a/5782040

edit: google translate

- You have polar bears in Norway!

The American tourist visiting at the Norwegian pavilion at Disney's Epcot Center in Florida is almost certain.

- ... Not? No polar bears in Norway?

Some prejudices live on, no matter how much one tries Norway profiling on. But soon most of the trolls and Vikings disappear from the Norwegian Epcot Center.

An outdated Norwegian film of the eighties has already been replaced with Disney's success film Frost. Now it risks Norwegian pavilion end up as mere publicity for the film's success, otherwise Norwegian companies and the government chooses to pursue an upgrade.

We are working now to get a cost-sharing between private companies and the government to bring about a sharp improvement of the pavilion.

Film Squat eighties
Since 1988, Norway has been represented in the theme park located adjacent to Disney World in Florida.

images

MAY BE EXCHANGED: Trolls and Vikings are in danger of disappearing from the Norwegian Epoc Center in Florida. PHOTO: TV 2
A few years ago Disney and Norway arguing over who would pay for a new film that presents the Norway pavilion.

The film which was then used was from the 80's and it seemed. It showed a Norway with computers a la Commodore 64 and Norwegians with shoulder pads and hockey welding.

Mega success Frost took over the space for the Norwegian film. Frost must have been partly inspired by Norway, and is one of history's highest grossing films.

New movie offers new opportunities
- Never before have there been so many visitors at the pavilion because of the film's success, says Tone Nymoen, Advisor, NHO's Norwegian Industry.

She has for years worked to improve the promotion at Epcot pavilion, first as an employee of the U.S. Chamber of Norway and now in NHO system.

images

OBTAIN PUBLIC: After the Disney blockbuster "Frost" was part of Epcot Center, the number of visitors increased sharply.
She believes the film swapped provides great opportunities for modern marketing of Norway, preferably through a new interactive experience area.

Daily is averaging 4,000 people queuing to get in to see the movie. In this area there are still opportunities for the promotion, but it will require up to 55 million.

- How to create a virtual space where it looks like you are balancing on the pulpit or something similar, while standing in line, thinking Nymoen high.

images

- PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES: - Considering how many people visit Norway pavilion, eer it cost effective marketing, says Tone Nymoen, Advisor, NHO's Norwegian Industry. PHOTO: TV 2
She says the investment is a negotiation with Disney.

- You can do a lot or a little out of it.Considering how many people who visit the pavilion, it is very cost effective marketing, says Nymoen.

Around 10 million have visited the Disneyland park each year.

Custom waterfall
Norway is one of two pavilions that have a special "ride," Maelstrom, a boat ride down a waterfall. This is the main attraction at the pavilion, and it is very popular. This will also be upgraded and become a Frost attraction.

Troll, Vikings and oil installations picture of the new Norway disappears. Part of the pavilion is already taken over by characters from the movie Frost. In conjunction with Disney's upgrade of the site disappear also part of the store with Norwegian goods on the shelves.

In opposition Progressive Party was a driving force to improve the Norway Pavilion. Member of Parliament, now parliamentary leader, Harald T. nesvik, called it embarrassing and a scandal that Norway was displayed with a movie from the 80s.

Today, says Parliament for the Progressive Party Jørund Rytman that he will work diligently for the state participating in the outlined as a joint venture with Norwegian companies, particularly in the tourism sector, to achieve a commitment to the pavilion.

- When all other countries set up and actually renews its pavilions, and when the world's richest countries do not get this, I think it will be an embarrassing affair, says Rytman, a member of Parliament's industry committee.

The rebuilding of the pavilion starting shortly and will be completed around Christmas. Therefore, the deadline button to ensure that the pavilion still have a Norwegian touch.

- We have received an inquiry about this and we have it for consideration in the Ministry. We have not taken a position on the matter yet, says State Secretary Lars Jacob Hiim Right from the Ministry of Industry

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
His Spirited travels have ended (for now).
He could drop in here at any moment. Can't you just feel the anticipation?o_O

Oh, Numero Dos. Doncha know the Spirit is always around, always planning his next move, always wondering what he'll have for lunch tomorrow? ....Just living the dream, I guess.

As for anticipation, I'm just tingling with it. I had some interesting information confirmed to me just in the last few hours and I need some explanation/analysis before I lay it on. But I think @ParentsOf4 will definitely appreciate the info.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Quick Spirited Hits:

I can't possibly catch up with this thread, nor will I attempt to. I admit I skimmed some pages, though, and when I saw a Le Cellier meal for $863 all I could think is ''We have the Baker Act in Florida for a reason.'' Sorry, but I can't fathom anyone dropping that at a steakhouse in a theme park and having all their marbles.

Funny thing happened this week, I met with a UNI Creative at WDW. No, that wasn't funny, although laughs were definitely had. No, he stated that he thought UNI fanbois were now worse than Disney ones. My take on it is that they are all generally insufferable but most of all when either they have something to crow about (as UNI does now) or nothing to crow about and know it (as is the case with Disney now).

You think only WDI has creatives who are a bit self-involved? Thiery Coup is in the midst of an extended vacation to France now. Yes, right when UNI is debutting Diagon Alley and Gringotts (which isn't ready to operate fully, despite being open) . Amazing.

I'll discuss this more another time, but the only WDW park that seemed remotely crowded over the holiday week was the MK. Nothing else even approached typical crowds of March and/or October.

If you Tweet to the world, then you are open to being criticized for it. A very simple point for simple minds who don't understand the tools they use to play online.

The Hollywood Studios are all worried about summer box office numbers being 'disappointing' but that is what happens when you overestimate the market with films that are all the same, and when you start the summer movie season when folks are still eating Easter candy.

BTW, Maleficent is going to wind up as a pretty large hit for Disney.

One area where Disney rules and UNI can't even make an effort to compete: nighttime pyro spectacularly.

Do you know the first part of Disney Springs opened recently, right @Disneyhead'71 ?

Really, more mindless Disney/UNI crap over an ironclad contract for Marvel? What is with some people?

That's it ... Will try and drop in over the weekend.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
I had some interesting information confirmed to me just in the last few hours and I need some explanation/analysis before I lay it on. But I think @ParentsOf4 will definitely appreciate the info.

Since you mention @ParentsOf4 I'm guessing this info is either attendance/occupancy or MM+ related, but Parents has been on a roll with so much lately that it's hard to say for sure. @WDW1974 will you be able to share this info soon?

alissafalco

Quick Spirited Hits:

I can't possibly catch up with this thread, nor will I attempt to. I admit I skimmed some pages, though, and when I saw a Le Cellier meal for $863 all I could think is ''We have the Baker Act in Florida for a reason.'' Sorry, but I can't fathom anyone dropping that at a steakhouse in a theme park and having all their marbles.

Funny thing happened this week, I met with a UNI Creative at WDW. No, that wasn't funny, although laughs were definitely had. No, he stated that he thought UNI fanbois were now worse than Disney ones. My take on it is that they are all generally insufferable but most of all when either they have something to crow about (as UNI does now) or nothing to crow about and know it (as is the case with Disney now).

You think only WDI has creatives who are a bit self-involved? Thiery Coup is in the midst of an extended vacation to France now. Yes, right when UNI is debutting Diagon Alley and Gringotts (which isn't ready to operate fully, despite being open) . Amazing.

I'll discuss this more another time, but the only WDW park that seemed remotely crowded over the holiday week was the MK. Nothing else even approached typical crowds of March and/or October.

If you Tweet to the world, then you are open to being criticized for it. A very simple point for simple minds who don't understand the tools they use to play online.

The Hollywood Studios are all worried about summer box office numbers being 'disappointing' but that is what happens when you overestimate the market with films that are all the same, and when you start the summer movie season when folks are still eating Easter candy.

BTW, Maleficent is going to wind up as a pretty large hit for Disney.

One area where Disney rules and UNI can't even make an effort to compete: nighttime pyro spectacularly.

Do you know the first part of Disney Springs opened recently, right @Disneyhead'71 ?

Really, more mindless Disney/UNI crap over an ironclad contract for Marvel? What is with some people?

That's it ... Will try and drop in over the weekend.

Some info I thought was interesting about Maleficent in the theatres. My husband and I went to see it a couple of weeks ago in a very large AMC theatre. They were only showing it in 3D during 1 time slot. So we weren't able to see it in 3D. We asked the attendant why they weren't showing it in 3D for more time slots and they said the 3D wasn't selling. Parents didn't want to pay the 3D prices, but all of the regular showings were selling out. So they switched most of the showings to regular which were doing very well.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Some info I thought was interesting about Maleficent in the theatres. My husband and I went to see it a couple of weeks ago in a very large AMC theatre. They were only showing it in 3D during 1 time slot. So we weren't able to see it in 3D. We asked the attendant why they weren't showing it in 3D for more time slots and they said the 3D wasn't selling. Parents didn't want to pay the 3D prices, but all of the regular showings were selling out. So they switched most of the showings to regular which were doing very well.

What did you think of it? I saw it in 3D and while I thought it was visually appealing, the movie itself was lacking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom