The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

I'm watching Ted right now with my 3 year old...what, it's about a teddy bear:hungover:
I am usually a very open minded person, but, I'm old enough that Ted made me sick. I was watching it with my 11 year old grandson. I couldn't believe the language and the content. Now I've been known to utter a few less then nice words, kids present or not, but that was beyond reasonable. There was no reason for it other then shock value and making 11 year olds giggle. A total waste of film and time. There are times when that crap fits the situation, but that was not the case with Ted. It was just there to be there. No class! Anyone can swear to make a person laugh, but, mostly it isn't a cleansing laugh, it's a nervous laugh. There was enough humor available in that movie to make it work without the constant cursing.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

@WDW1974 regarding Frozen when there is time, what are your thoughts on Walt Disney Studios' marketing? Their work for Pixar and Marvel is often on the mark, but the stuff for WDAS and live action makes it seem they don't know what they are doing (The Lone Ranger) or that they're hiding from the BRAND (Tangled, Frozen).

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974 regarding Frozen when there is time, what are your thoughts on Walt Disney Studios' marketing? Their work for Pixar and Marvel is often on the mark, but the stuff for WDAS and live action makes it seem they don't know what they are doing (The Lone Ranger) or that they're hiding from the BRAND (Tangled, Frozen).

my thoughts are that your perceptions are accurate!

the.dreamfinder

samuel-l-jackson-pulp-fictionjpg-7b9042e7080bb264.jpg

Funmeister

Recently seen at the main entrance of Epcot.

"To all who come to this place of joy, hope and friendship—welcome. EPCOT is inspired by Walt Disney's creative vision.

Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination food festivals featuring alcohol, wonders of enterprise overpriced restaurants and concepts of a future princess meet and greets that promises new and exciting benefits for all but mainly those of drinking age. May EPCOT Center entertain, inform and inspire and above all, may it instill a new sense of belief and pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere in the world by having a drink in each of the 11 nations featured before the park closes."

E. Cardon Walker, October 24, 1982

WDW1974

Original Poster
Mhm I believe this when it comes into fruition, plans change all the time.

You are absolutely correct, sir. And that is why I source my information very carefully.
it is why I am quite comfortable putting that EPCOT news out since I know it to be accurate, while I am sitting (no fanboi jokes, please) on much bigger information about a galaxy far, far away.

After years of doing this, you realize when it is a good idea to share and when it isn't.
I hate both of the items I posted tonight, but they are happening and folks deserve to know it.

Calvin Coolidge

Worse.

A Disney Princesses Meet and Greet (think EPCOT version of what just opened at MK with Frozen characters leading the way.

No, I am not kidding.

I just don't understand this.

I'm actually totally behind the idea of, like, doubling the size of the EPCOT character spot. I just don't get this. There's so much room to really develop WS and they seem to think that what people really want is 1. more characters (true, but why in WS?) 2. more restaurants in front of the lagoon (probably also true but, ugh, why not build restaurants like in France, where you can see Illuminations from dinner without putting a building in front of the people on the walkway?)

Soarin' Over Pgh

To those of you with cable... Is Frozen getting any air time? Good commercial spots, product placing?

And what movies are it's competitors for the opening and second weeks?

I don't get out much. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Another meet and greet? Does Epcot have anything going into the front of the park? I mean, of substance?

Calvin Coolidge

To those of you with cable... Is Frozen getting any air time? Good commercial spots, product placing?

Tons of ads and product placement stuff. Even more than Catching Fire stuff.

The second week of Catching Fire is the only real competition, and it's Thanksgiving weekend, which usually serves family movies well.

the.dreamfinder

Hunger Games: Catching Fire comes out the week before and that will have an impact on Frozen's Thanksgiving weekend. Frozen is THE big movie coming out thanksgiving and the other films bowing that weekend are small films that won't effect it. The next big movie following Frozen will be The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug two weeks later.

lazyboy97o

I don't get out much. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Another meet and greet? Does Epcot have anything going into the front of the park? I mean, of substance?
They're going to do sneak peeks Tuesday night on USA (an NBCUniversal channel) during their Modern Family block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom