The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
E8A5D5D6-292D-4AB2-A6B5-E4BEDC4B867B.jpeg

Our Journey to the Stars
This replacement for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters at Disneyland’s Tomorrowland takes guests on an omnimover journey exploring the history of space travel, from man’s first dreams of reaching the sky and the stars to the first footsteps on the moon and modern space flight.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Question of the Day
The competition is coming up so it’s time to ask; what are your favorite types of prompt?​
I like the placemaking prompts, especially those that involve an already built land (in SYTBAI 18, it was Critter Country/Frontierland). It was fun determining how the existing attractions/shops/experiences will be retooled for the new theme of the land.

Suchomimus

The Sorcerer's Warmups

When the snap in the Sorcerer's Apprentice Universe occurred shockwaves rippled throughout the timeline, and unearthed a total of nine forgotten and unused prompts from seasons past. In the lead up to the kick off of the Sorcerer's Apprentice @Pi on my Cake and I will be posting these recovered prompts every day, once a day, to everyone that's excited to get there creative juices flowing a way to warmup. Even if you're not participating in the Sorcerer's Apprentice feel free to pitch your own ideas for the prompts. Now without further ado get ready for the first warmup prompt :D

Tomorrow and Fugue

View attachment 522325

Stepping into the world of Tomorrow at Magic Kingdom, and encounter countless of popular attractions that are plagued by smaller capacities. In order to relieve the stress from the current attractions in Tomorrowland we are asking you to pitch us a brand new people eater attraction while staying true to the theme of the overall land. Now for those of you newer to imagineering, and unfamiliar with these terms: a people eater attraction is typically something can handle a large amount of people in a short amount of time. Some examples include Pirates of the Caribbean, World of Motion, The Great Movie Ride or even The Haunted Mansion.

Imagineers during this practice prompt you may use one to two sentences, and one image. Good luck and remember KISS: Keep it simple, silly :D
Exploration of the Crystal Planet
A suspended dark ride that replaces the Speedway, Exploration of the Crystal Planet takes guests on a voyage to the recently discovered planet Glacies Mater; a planet named for the abundance of ice and snow found nearly everywhere; and has been documented from previous expeditions to have animals and plants take on the many traits of minerals as seen in the queue; to its surface in enclosed probes (much like the diving bells from DisneySEA's 20K Leagues Under the Sea). This relaxing dark ride starts with leaving the research station orbiting the planet to the edge of Glacies Mater's Amethyst Sea (heated by geothermal plates and named for both its coloration and what is beneath its surface), to the sapphire taigas and up the Song mountains (so named because allegedly the winds that blow through the range make the sound of choir and (fittingly) wind instruments); delving deep into a dormant volcano that leads to the highest vantage point, where guest can see the valleys and fjords below and the skies above teeming with life before leaving to go back to the research station.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Question of the Day
The competition is coming up so it’s time to ask; what are your favorite types of prompt?
Attraction prompts and themed land prompts are always fun! Themed lands are especially interesting cause it's like a puzzle you have to piece together on what kinda attractions you want and what fits in the theme and whatnot.

Solaris Knight

The Sorcerer's Warmups

When the snap in the Sorcerer's Apprentice Universe occurred shockwaves rippled throughout the timeline, and unearthed a total of nine forgotten and unused prompts from seasons past. In the lead up to the kick off of the Sorcerer's Apprentice @Pi on my Cake and I will be posting these recovered prompts every day, once a day, to everyone that's excited to get there creative juices flowing a way to warmup. Even if you're not participating in the Sorcerer's Apprentice feel free to pitch your own ideas for the prompts. Now without further ado get ready for the first warmup prompt :D

Tomorrow and Fugue

View attachment 522325

Stepping into the world of Tomorrow at many a Disney resort, and one encounters countless of popular attractions that are plagued by smaller capacities. In order to relieve the stress from the current attractions in Tomorrowland we are asking you to pitch us a brand new people eater attraction while staying true to the theme of the overall land. Now for those of you newer to imagineering, and unfamiliar with these terms: a people eater attraction is typically something can handle a large amount of people in a short amount of time. Some examples include Pirates of the Caribbean, World of Motion, The Great Movie Ride or even The Haunted Mansion.

Imagineers during this practice prompt you may use one to two sentences, and one image. Good luck and remember KISS: Keep it simple, silly :D

This feels like a cop out but I do really want a Sugar Rush attraction using AR and karts similar to Bowser's Challenge in USJ. I love Wreck It Ralph a lot and I wanna see a more immersive ride like that.

D Hulk

Original Poster
Question of the Day
The competition is coming up so it’s time to ask; what are your favorite types of prompt?​
My favorite prompts take players beyond the familiar settings of Disney and Universal. There are unique new freedoms and limitations both when exploring the wider, wilder world of theme/amusement parks!

My favorite past Sorcerer’s Apprentice prompts have explored places like Six Flags, Cedar Fair, and the many independent parks in both the U.S. and Europe. Might this be a hint about what’s coming this season? Could be...!

91JLovesDisney

I'm not in a good place to make an image right now, but picture this:

As everyone knows, we're saying goodbye to the monstrosity that is Stitch's Great Escape, so Disney proudly presents:

A History of Progress City

Instead of your traditional walkthrough museum full of boring exhibits and displays, Walt Disney Imagineering gives you the world's first ride/museum hybrid, featuring the original repaired full size model of Walt Disney's dream for an experimental, prototype, community of tomorrow (magically pulled out of a landfill), Walt Disney's original blueprint drawings for the city, and a projection tunnel of what it would have been like to ride the monorail there, all running on a compact but timeless Omnimover system.

don't ask why this is in Magic Kingdom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom