The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

PerGron

Question of the Day
I know we all miss the parks, so today let’s see, what’s your favorite memory from a theme park (Disney or otherwise?)​
For me, it was on the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom last November when it was just me and my two friends (also zookeepers doing it) so rather than the formal tour that they normal do, our two guides and us just got to talk shop and we learned a lot about the nitty gritty of how they care for their animals and everything. The tour is always well-worth the price, but getting to be the only 3 on it was amazing

spacemt354

Chili's
I'd say the Behind the Steam Train tour - not just for the tour itself, but because we had to get up earlier than usual. At the time we were staying at the WL so the fog on the boat ride over to the MK, plus the fact that we were only one of like 10 in the park and rode the train back to the maintenance facility - was very surreal and was the first to come to mind.

JokersWild

A bunch of years ago when EMH was good, I remember riding Big Thunder Mountain while there were perimeter fireworks going off. On that same trip (I think) we rode Splash Mountain three times in a row without getting off because there were so few people in the park during EMH.

More recently, I'd say that Rise of the Resistance is my best memory. I went into it mostly blind and it was the best ride I've ever experienced.

mickeyfan5534

Question of the Day
I know we all miss the parks, so today let’s see, what’s your favorite memory from a theme park (Disney or otherwise?)​
A really fond memory I have is walking in Art of Animation and seeing character training going on in the lobby and having one of the best character interactions I've ever had with any character when I saw King Louie and we started doing a monkey-see-monkey-do thing.
E4840F12-BC52-4C9E-89B7-259D70C74C3E_1_105_c.jpeg

AceAstro

Question of the Day
It's a favourite now, it wasn't at the time...

In 2017 I flew out to Disneyland in the last few weeks to go see Main Street Electrical Parade one last time (only at the parks a total of two days). On the day of the parade, I was getting pretty stressed as we only had a limited amount of time to do things and still see the parade so I wasn't at 100%. By the time the parade started, I went into full panic attack. My heart rate had more than doubled and they had me lying down on a bench in the VIP area waiting for paramedics.

During the middle of my all-time favourite parade I was being taken to medical in a wheelchair (that God for the parade breaks) lol

Luckily, that was night 1. We explained to the paramedics and Guest Relations what happened and they got us VIP seating for both World of Colour the next night and then for Main Street Electrical Parade right after it. At the time, it was scary, not it is funny how panicked I got about a parade I saw again 2 years later and then just how amazing Guest Relations was through the whole thing.

D Hulk

Original Poster
Question of the Day
Hulk recall one day spent at the Disneyland Resort with purpose: To experience every single ride in both parks in a single day.

Hulk was successful!

Some other scattered memories? Backstage tours of Cedar Point (+ climbing Valravn). Marathoning El Toro 5x without leaving the train. Marathoning the Matterhorn by accident in a rainstorm because the cast member trainee kept sending our bobsled into the maintenance bay. Riding Tokyo’s canoes solo in a typhoon (two days after seizing last-minute $250 round trip airfare to Japan). Amassing a giggling schoolgirl harem for the day in DisneySea. And doing Indy on opening day in a full-on tuxedo because I spontaneously chose to ditch a far less interesting event.

NateD1226

Question of the Day
Getting to view Galaxy's Edge early. I am a big Star Wars fan and luckily a family member, who was a cast member, asked me to be there +1. I got to ride MF:SR 5 times in a row and just explore the whole land. Yes, I did wish there was more things to do in the land, but it was just an amazing day overall. Besides the Glaxay's Edge preview, we went on a few more rides, had dinner at Lamplight Lounge, and just enjoyed the magic of the park.

kmbmw777

Question of the Day
Cramming me and 4 of my close friends into a single log at six flags great America (we were all 18-19 at the time) !
Our log was line skidding along the bottom of the track and not floating at all but it was pretty fun!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the Day
Probably one time when I was young with family at Islands of Adventure. It was February and very cold (by Florida standards)but the water rides were still open. We rode Popeye's 8 times in a row without getting off in between rides with the boat all to ourselves. Went right to the hotel afterwards to change into warm clothes and then back for an evening in the park.

TwilightZone

Question of the Day
Disneyland:
  • One year, Space Mountain had no line and we were able to ride it back to back at least 5 times
  • During the diamond celebration I got to ride front on the monorail! It was pretty cool
  • Riding Radiator Springs Raceway for the first time! Those animatronics impressed everyone
  • During a birthday we talked to Roz in monster's inc and Mr. Potato head at Midway Mania. Both interactions were a lot of fun and proved to me I like animatronic encounters more than meet and greets haha
Six Flags Magic Mountain:

I will never forget my Mom's reaction to all the rides, she did not like any single one of them. Poor mom became a subject of everyone else's humor I am afraid haha.

Universal Hollywood:
  • The first trip onto the Simpsons ride was such a memorable one, all my family was super excited for this thing and it blew us away. We didn't really know what it was going to be.
  • While not a "favorite" memory, this one was a memorable one so I am sharing it anyways haha. When I was little (I forgot the exact age), my family went to universal, we were fine at all the attractions except for Backdraft, which scared the winnie the pooh out of everyone (well all the kids anyways, Mom was fine on that believe it or not). Kinda funny in retrospect, but I still wouldn't dare go on it if it ever came back.
California's Great America:

Most of my memories come from the Paramount days of this park, meeting Spongebob, riding the Demon and Top Gun, etc. I remember going to it for my 8th grade trip and feeling a bit sad that it was all gone, sure all the rides are still intact but the excitement of Spongebob tops Snoopy any day. Sorry Snoopy! Otherwise I had fun during the 8th grade trip and a future family trip I ended up doing, it's a pretty fun smaller park. Also I was wowed by the Gold Rusher coaster for being the smoothest wooden rollercoaster I have ever been on.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Alrighty fnaf book came out todayyyyyyyyyy
what I am gathering from reading around:

William is the man from room 1280 and is most likely the guy being tormented and stuff in ultimate custom night
In one of the stories there's a character named Mike who has a little brother named Evan who died (in the war, but hey it's a parallel)
Shadow Bonnie is made out of dark remnant (whatever the heck that is)
William's involved in the stitchwraith story

spacemt354

Chili's
s11-jpg.520829

Today's Sorcerer Spotlight goes to @Sharon&Susan for this alternate take on Snow White's Enchanted Wish!

I'm sure this will please some who might not have been impressed with the recent update, so head on over to the thread below to check it out!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Question of the Day
I got to be at EPCOT the day of the 30th and 35th anniversaries. The 30th was especially cool, there was an Imagineering presentation featuring Marty Sklar, and a special presentation at the America Gardens theater featuring some park VPs. I was apparently the only person in attendance with the gumption to approach any of them and say hello lol. I spoke with Erin Youngs for a moment, she was VP of EPCOT at the time. I thanked her for acknowledging us purists and kindly asked her not to forget what made the place so special. Both of those visits were planned purposely for the special dates but then by chance I ended up being able to ride Malestrom on its last day of operation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom