The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

JokersWild

ALSO for visibility.

OK. Nominations are complete, and the poll is now live. I'm going to keep it up for a week, so make sure to get in there and cast your votes. Superlative nominations are still open too. We've gotten a few, but if anyone thinks of something by all means post it here, and I'll throw it in.

Let me know if anyone has any issues. I'm trying google forms, which I don't think we've used before for something like this. I can try to fix things/ switch everything to a different platform if you guys start having problems.

D Hulk

Original Poster
The final land in the expansive DisneySky project is now online. Welcome to Avengers Airspace, which realizes the contemporary-set Marvel Cinematic Universe in all its wild glory. Click here to follow along.

enhance

NateD1226

Question of the Day
While this year may not have been great, I’m sure we all had some good moments. What was your best memory from 2020?
I'm not gonna lie, my year has been pretty bad. I have been at my lowest of lows and I really hate talking about it because it makes me feel sad. However, the best memories of 2020 came from here. This site is like my escape from reality and you all are like my 2nd family. Sorry if that is too gushy for some of you, but it's true. I always feel welcomed and appreciated whenever I come on here. That's why coming on here is my best memory of this year.

D Hulk

Original Poster
Question of the Day
While this year may not have been great, I’m sure we all had some good moments. What was your best memory from 2020?
It’s tricky to narrow things down to just one memory, so here are some random highlights from my year:
  • Placing 2nd in a SoCal regional pinball tournament, despite being a local amateur playing against actual pros (for context, the year prior I placed dead last)
  • Hosting Australian friends traveling abroad on their last leg outrunning pandemic shutdowns
  • Winning SAVI
  • Road tripping through the National Parks of Utah, with extensive glorious hikes in Zion, Bryce, Arches, etc.
  • My house NOT burning down in a wildfire!
  • Hosting socially-distanced holiday feasts at my unburnt house where I could share homemade dishes like smoked turkey and pozole.

NigelChanning

Question of the Day
I’ve had a pretty so-so year so I’ll list a few highlights

• In April, I received a personalized voice message from Jake Johnston (Peter B. Parker from Spider-Verse) after I posted about my school going online.

•Rediscovered my love of theater after Hamilton premiered on Disney Plus

• Gave a lot back to the community as I was elected my state’s “Kid Governor” (it’s a real thing) and was able to do a lot of cool things!

•I dressed as Fat Thor for Halloween (Hammer and all)

•I’ve actually gotten some decent acting jobs this year (I’m an American child actor if anyone was wondering)

•Joining the forums in April and getting to know you all. I genuinely feel like in the 9 months I’ve been here that I’ve joined the “family” and been part of so much. I definitely have y’all to thank for that

D Hulk

Original Poster

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Question of the Day
Helping my mom move into her new house.

Moving is always a challenge, moving during a pandemic creates a whole new set of challenges. My step-dad died rather unexpectedly in 2019, so I’ve been doing my best to be as emotionally supportive as necessary. I had a lot of backup until the pandemic started. Since then it’s mostly just been me (for good reason obviously).

Needless to say it’s been a difficult 18 months, but when that process was finally over, there was some sense of relief. It’s slowly become more like home for her and I’m thankful for that.

And throughout this time, I’ve needed the support of my mom just as much. I first realized I was trans quite a few years ago but I was afraid to take the first step so I just kinda repressed it. But I finally got to a point where I couldn’t any longer, and last year, right around this time, I had an emotional breakdown, confessed everything to my significant other of four years, there were a lot of tears from both her and I, and then we broke up right before the pandemic began. So 2020 has been difficult at best, impossible at worst, but somehow we got through it. I’m so thankful for my therapist. She’s an amazing human being and she helped guide me through many steps along my journey.

Earlier this year I started hormone replacement therapy and started presenting feminine in public. Not long after I got called “ma’am” by an employee of my local CVS and it suddenly felt like everything I’ve been through was worth it. Now that’s normal. Now I’m excited for what comes next, whatever that may me.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Tegan, are you a fellow pinhead?! 🙀

Are you playing an emulator, or is there a physical pinball machine alongside the computers (which would be awesome!)?

Either way, do you have a favorite pin?...And do you know any pinball parlors which are still operating mid-COVID?
My experience is limited to playing Space Pinball on the school PC, and Sonic Spinball on my Genesis.

I think pinball is awesome and fun and I would love to play real pinball a lot more often, once it’s safe to do so.

It sounds like this is a hobby you take very seriously! That’s awesome!!

Sharon&Susan

Question of the Day
Discovered a pinball show room in June located within driving distance, really fun to play the new (at the time) TMNT pinball.

Have to check to see soon if they got the Led Zepplin pinball in there now.

NateD1226

Placing 2nd in a SoCal regional pinball tournament, despite being a local amateur playing against actual pros
My experience is limited to playing Space Pinball on the school PC, and Sonic Spinball on my Genesis.

I think pinball is awesome and fun and I would love to play real pinball a lot more often, once it’s safe to do so.

It sounds like this is a hobby you take very seriously! That’s awesome!!
Discovered a pinball show room in June located within driving distance, really fun to play the new (at the time) TMNT pinball.

Have to check to see soon if they got the Led Zepplin pinball in there now.
So is playing pinball a new requirement to be on the Imagineering forum?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the Day
Finally making some Disney history videos for YouTube. I had wanted to make a video about how weird California Adventure was when it opened for a while and this year I finally made it!

And I've been able to keep up with making regular videos (Which have gotten a lot better over time obviously, but that first one has a special place in my heart obviously)

Other Highlights:
  • My best friend growing up is now a Youth Pastor! Super proud of him! Got to help him a lot with the youth group in the early parts of the year and even got to preach a message once or twice! (@TwilightZone I actually found a way to sneak in fnaf to a message lol). Ran the YouTube channel for when they were doing online only and helped them figure out covid protocols for when he had to start doing in person again.
  • Got to celebrate (over zoom) with some close friends getting engaged and with another friend finally getting the courage to come out of the closet!
  • Got a job at Disney which is my plan for my dream career path! Lost it before it even began due to covid, but it was still cool.
  • Completed my childhood goal
  • And got to enjoy another great year on the forum! Even getting to help lead Sorcerer's Apprentice!

TwilightZone

Question of the Day
a buncha random events that happened to me this past year:
  1. I watched Timmy Failure and Fight Club (two movies that are totally related for sure) in some discord groups.
  2. FINALLY got to see Klaus and Joker, these movies are great and you should watch them!
  3. Discovered a LOT of music, lots of bops!
  4. Discovered I was nb, which sure was an event haha
  5. Following the new fnaf books and the nintendo leaks was a blast! Though the former had a couple very uhhh....odd to say the least stories and the latter is not very legal
  6. I discovered the latest and greatest arg Catastrophe Crow, which is just a wild arg where there's even a rom for it! That was super unexpected
  7. getting my room redone! Much needed and looks nice already though not finished yet
  8. Got a fitbit and bluetooth headphones which are great for my walks!
  9. Also turned 21 this year! Drinking is mehhhhhhhhhhhh but hey I can do it now haha
  10. We got a pool in our backyard! Swimming is a lot of fun in it and it's a good way to help get rid of my long fear of water
  11. me and my friend are watching blues clues now out of personal nostalgia, super funny and a good way to cap off a hectic year haha
Uhh thats all I can think of off the top of my head, this year had so much and so little that it's hard to remember it all haha.

tcool123

Question of the Day
Right now getting the oral covid test. They shoved a giant q tip into my mouth twirled around in the back of my throwt and I only gagged slightly. It gave me insight into the fact I much prefer the nasal one.

But in all seriousness I think maybe playing Animal Crossing? Or my first date with my boyfriend both rank high for separate reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom