The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

NigelChanning

Question of the Day
While we all love getting gifts, Christmas is the season of giving, so in honor of that, what is the best gift you GAVE this Christmas?​
My dad is a practical guy. He prefers things that he NEEDS rather than things that he wants. But the second he unwrapped a toy Hogwarts Express meant to circle around our Christmas tree, he essentially became a little kid again 😂

mickeyfan5534

Speaking of, if anyone wants to join in the fun on Discord, join us here:
Re-upping the discord link with one that hopefully won't expire.

D Hulk

Original Poster
Question of the Day
While we all love getting gifts, Christmas is the season of giving, so in honor of that, what is the best gift you GAVE this Christmas?​
One of my best buds is an absolute nut for luchadores! He especially loves the classic wrestlers like El Santo, Blue Demon and Mil Mascaras. I got him a Hawaiian shirt featuring all their masks, which I found in the randomest place ever - at the river rafting outfitters on my Utah National Park road trip.

Happy Boxing Day, everyone! Today I’m hosting friends at my place (outdoors and distanced, natch) for a post-Christmas feast. Most of the group is Hispanic, and most of them are bringing tamales, so right now I have a posole brewing on the stovetop. I’ve never made that before!

tcool123

Question of the Day
A can of Lysol

Since hte pandemic has started it has been impossible to fijd Lysol in Miami. It has gotten to the point where people are willing to pay 20 dollars or more for a can here. Naturally when I saw a can for sale at a UPS store in Orlando, I bought immediately for my mom who was scammed out of 200 dollars earlier this year for Lysol

Disney Dad 3000

Question of the Day
For those who celebrate Christmas, What is your favorite gift you got this year?
For those who don’t, how was your Friday?​

I got the last 2 volumes of John Ostrander's Suicide Squad run i needed and still have Fantastic Four Omnibus vol 1 coming in a few days. Needless to say my reading is scheduled for a bit.
Question of the Day
I didn't give it, but my brother designed and scrounged all the lego parts needed to make a small lego kit of our dog that passed away a few months ago for the kiddo. He even created an official looking lego box and lego instruction manual. You wouldn't know it wasn't official lego. Very cool and sweet.

Outbound

WW84 in a nutshell: Pedro Pascal really wants to touch everybody
There’s a line where he verbatim says: “I need to touch a lot of people all at once!”

That said, I actually enjoyed it. I thought the villains were superior to the first movie and the conflict more interesting than World War 1 super weapon. That said, the plot was a mess and the tone a lot goofier and campy, at times feeling like a Joel Schumacher film. Also the ending feels like a UNICEF ad 😂. Overall not as good as the first but luckily still on the better end of most DC movies. It’s not “critically good”, but it is entertaining.

spacemt354

Chili's
@spacemt354
View attachment 520815

@PerGron
View attachment 520816

@kmbmw777
Displaying kmbmw777.png

@pix
Displaying pix.png
Whatever you did here @NateD1226 worked!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Overall not as good as the first but luckily still on the better end of most DC movies. It’s not “critically good”, but it is entertaining.
Gotta agree with that. It was a definite mess, but a mostly enjoyable one. Kind of like the Whedon cut of Justice League or Suicide Squad.

Honestly, the big thing holding it back for me was that Gal Gadot was still playing it like a more serious film like the first one when everyone else was embracing the campiness and silliness.

It would be like if Aquaman was the exact same movie but you replace Jason Mamoa with Christian Bale's Batman lol

Question of the Day
Not the best gift, but the one that was the most fun to give this year: Got my mom all three designs of the Baby Yoda Hand Sanitizer they were selling at Walmart lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom