Since the judges haven't heard of Space Channel 5 before, I figured I'd fill you in.
Space Channel 5 is a rhythm game series by Sega where fight off aliens with the power of dance. It's fallen to the wayside somewhat, but it's still well remember by Sega fans due to it's leading lady Ulala, great soundtrack, and just generally being very odd, what with it's Simon Says-esque gameplay and an aesthetic that can be descrided as "The Jetsons on drugs."
It's better if you see it for yourself:
Welcome to the Great Movie Ride Universe!
Reaching a new universe, the newly formed teams of Space, Time, and Reality found themselves no longer in the digital world, but a suddenly warm, sandy and sun-drenched locale after exiting the portals. "Where are we?" @Pufflefan asked. "I have no idea, but man check out all of the architecture" piped in @Mickeynerd17 . "If nothing else everything here appears normal."
View attachment 532134
Little did our traveling Imagineers know that things were not normal.
The Soul Stone was safely returned to 2017 after "the snap", but unfortunately, messing with the stone and timeline did not save The Great Movie Ride and it would close in August of that year, removing the soul of Hollywood Studios. The return though at the end of The Great Movie Ride competition resulted in a new reality with the SAU and GMR spiraling into an alt movie studio theme park arms race.
Disney's Pioneer Adventure was lost to what would one day be Novus Harbor on the same site, but the attractions from that ride (Dream Mountain, Henson's Revue and others morphed into the other four Orlando parks. The friendly in-house rivalry between Disney Studios, Pixar, Lucasfilm and Marvel spawned a new age for the world as movie studios of all shapes and sizes quickly built theme parks all across the globe.
HBO's new theme park headlined by Game of Thrones and the Sopranos had broken ground in multiple locations; in Orlando, Universal's Pioneer Universe sprang up from the creative minds of Disney Imagineers who were let go with such attractions as Nightmare Mountain with Pigment; multiple competing parks were in development. from Universal, Paramount and others to complete with Disney resorts in Brazil and Mumbai. A meeting for coffee in August of that year between Robert Iger and Rupert Murdoch took on a more urgent tone.
View attachment 532135
As quickly as they'd arrived, a fleet of sports cars pulled up and a sharply dressed man hopped out. "Hello everyone, welcome to Dubai. I'm Mr. Lynch" said this stranger. "My employer would like to welcome you and your teams and kindly offers transportation and accommodations during your stay."
"Who is this guy, and do we really want to go with him?" asked @The Squirrel. "Well, we have no money or idea what's going on, and @Disney Dad 3000 isn't here for some reason to pay for it." said @tcool123. After very little deliberation the teams hopped in and started to take stock of their surroundings.
View attachment 532136
It was mere moments before they passed what was the first of many theme parks as the entrance to Dubai Parks & Resorts' Motiongate came into view. "Check out that place" said @MickeyWaffleCo. "Wait, is that two other parks next to it?" chimed in @Lora Baines Bradley. This would be a familiar refrain as this impromptu McLaren guided tour of Dubai and eventually Abu Dhabi passed by what seemed like an endless stream of theme park entertainment, ranging from Ferrari World...
View attachment 532137
...to Warner Bros. World.
View attachment 532138
Can We Get A List Of Properties That 20th Century Studios Owns?
NateD1226's Stanza V Reviews
View attachment 532140
- First off, the site looks awesome! The colors and style just pop off the screen!
- Digital Frontiers was an awesome choice. I really like the 8-bit style choice. It is very cool
- The music is absolutely wonderful and really captures the essence of the land
- Having a whole land indoors with projections running constantly is ambitious. However, it’s something fairly new and really is a stand out part of the project.
- Your Power Play entry is awesome! Such a fun idea.
- Pac-Man’s Adventure is great! The concept is there and really shows the legacy of Pac-Man. However, there could be some improvement. The writeup has details, but I’m not sure if it’s the right details. I would’ve liked to see this ride more fleshed out with a bit more details to it. Especially since this was your big E-Ticket attraction.
- Atari Quest is one of the highlights of this project for me. It has a great concept with lots of fun scenes.
- Outrun is such a fun callback to classic games from the 80s. Having it be an Autopia style ride is awesome. Plus a tour of this awesome land? Sign me up! Minor nitpick, but the formatting of this page could’ve been a little better.
- Frogger is another great attraction. Let’s just hope the projectors don’t get wet. (kidding, kidding)
- I was surprised to see Flynn’s Arcade be included! Not against it though. I do love me some classic arcade games.
- A caterpillar ride?? This land just keeps getting better and better! Centipede was an awesome choice and really compliments the rest of the land really well
- Having a laser tag experience is very cool. Plus the backstory is very fun and fits perfectly with the laser tag vibe.
- Tapper’s is another highlight for me. It was a great choice and the detailed menu is great!
- You can catch me at BurgerTime and Chuck’s Just Desserts because all those food options sound so good!
- Pac-Man Cafe is another awesome dining option. Those pieces of art look really awesome! I am obsessed with them.
- All the retail options are great! However, the formatting of the page is not the best.
- All the entertainment options are great as well! The projection spectacular sounds awesome and visually amazing!
- Overall, this was an outstanding project. The concept and theme of the land is perfect! Although, there were some issues with the site format and some parts needed more detail so it fully grasped the concept that was being put out. You should be proud! This was some great work!
- Another Google Site with another awesome pick for a land!
- Your Future City sounds like another visually amazing land with all the flashing lights and neon colors.
- City Center sounds awesome! The art you chose to showcase the subland was perfect and really beautiful. Having The Tower be the centerpiece of the land was a great choice and I love how it’s utilized to show stuff about Future City
- Mega-Man: Museum Menace is such a cool ride! The concept and story is great and you really brought something fun to the table
- Your FastPass Distribution Center is so cute! Definitely knocked it out of the park with that one.
- I am sucker for stunt shows so Strider: A Stunt Spectacular made me very happy. It has this thrill that just fits the vibe of your land so well.
- The shopping and dining for City Center was great! I would’ve loved to see some food pics for The Hungry Hanar though just so it added some more to the page.
- Industrial District is another awesome sub-land. And again, the art you picked was perfect!
- Doom: Hell on Earth is a highlight of this land for me. It gives that dark, edgy feel that, to me, fits perfectly into what I think of when I picture the Future City you pitched.
- Aperture Science Open House is great! Minor nitpick, but I think some better transitions between each paragraph would have made this even better.
- Pikmin Training Lab is such a fun experience that I would want to do over and over again.
- Dr. Crygor's Gyro-Generation-o-Tron 3000 is such a nice spin on a teacup ride with a fun story behind it and bright colors. I love it
- Again, shopping and dining are great, but I would’ve loved to see more from the dining section
- Spaceport is another awesome land that you created. Maybe a little more of a description of the land itself would have been nice, but the art really gives an idea of the area
- Star Fox: Warfare On Corneria is a great ride but it needs more. Having the story fleshed out and longer would’ve really helped show the ride at its full potential.
- Metroid: Darkest Night is very cool and fits Spaceport very well
- Space Channel 5: Ulala's Swingin Report looks so fun! I have never heard of Space Channel 5 before and the characters look like a weird version of the Among Us characters lmao. The ride itself is great!
- Galaxy Gifts is a fun addition to the land! It could’ve used just a bit more detail, but it was great!
- The Skeld Cafe is awesome!! The whole experience you created was very cool and I could see it being a huge hit.
- Overall, this was an amazing project. One of your best projects in my opinion. Everything worked so well together. Some of the sections could’ve used more detail or plusses (i.e. music, custom art, etc.) for the scale of things that you were proposing, but all the concepts were great.
- First off, that video is awesome! It was such a great way to start off this project. Honorary Team Soul member, Lora’s BF, should be actually playing this game!!
- You used Wix!! Such a fun callback to the OG project. Even if that wasn’t your intention, it still loved that Wix was used lmao
- Jungle of Pixels was a great choice and I was really excited to see what IPs you would pick
- I really liked the map section. Once again, beautiful maps from Team Soul. The description that went with was great and really showcased your project as a whole. I really like whenever a project does that as it gives me more excitement for what I am about to read.
- Yoshi’s Island is so fun! The music picked for this section was awesome. I was tapping my foot while reading the project lol
- The small things that mention Questland like Odyssey Carousel really capture the effort put into making it as realistic as possible and not have any repeats
- Yoshi’s Story is a very fun addition to the wonderful lineup. Plus it’s an aerial ride, so it’s already one of my favorite things from this land!
- Kamek’s Koopa Loopa is a perfect ride for this subland and I think compliments all the other rides really well. This goes the same for the two smaller experiences.
- Metroid...wow!!!! What an incredible, thought out ride!
- I was a bit worried when Metroid came up as I didn’t think it was the most reasonable pick for Jungle of Pixels. However, you proved me as I think it fits perfectly!
- If I had to nitpick with the Metroid ride, I don’t think the shooter/coaster idea was the best idea. Plus, the capacity issue was fixed, but I think it is still just a little low. However, this doesn’t bring down how awesome this ride is! Amazing work!
- Pikmin: Trail of Hope is so fun! I really like the peacefulness aspect of it. It is something added to the land that is simple, yet so effective on grasping the concept of your version of Jungle of Pixels.
- Donkey Konga Dance Party sounds like a blast! Dance pirates are always fun
- The FastPass kiosk is not my favorite out of the project. It felt a little disconnected with your land. I would’ve loved to see it more themed focused on the Jungle of Pixels vibe.
- Donkey Kongo River Run is another great ride in the land. It has so many cool aspects to it and really uplifts the idea of a raft ride.
- Donkey Kong Barrel Blast was an absolute joy to read! I really liked the story that was incorporated into the writing and not just describing the attraction
- Planet Coaster, Planet Coaster everywhere. I really loved all the Planet Coaster additions. Team Power has some competition in that department now!
- I really loved all the dining options in your land. There was something for everyone which is really nice. Making sure everyone feels included when they go to a theme park is so important.
- The shopping area is sweet and simple! But where is my Let’s Get Digital shirt??
- The Animal Crossing hotel is awesome! It goes above and beyond. I was a little worried that it wouldn’t tie into the land as well as the other things, but I think it does a good job. There are a little that could use some changing to help it better fit into the land, but it still is an amazing resort
- The stats page is great! Lovely addition that I think every project should have from now on.
- Before I wrap it up, I wanted to say how amazing all the music and art was. It added a lot to your project and made the whole thing feel very alive.
- Overall, this was an amazing project! Lots of great plusses and amazing concepts. I have almost no critiques! It’s that amazing. You should be extremely proud of yourselves.
Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.