logo-png.457585

enhance

DISCOVER THE EPIC PROJECT HERE

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

The teams succeeded in their mission and collected the 3D Hat before L.A.N.D. Agents could! In the process, they cleared up the Fog of Uninspiration and created something truly special! A great last hurrah before Act 2 ends and we head to the final leg of our journey! The Full Box of Artifacts is safely in the hands of S.E.A. and they have completed the Pacific Voyage!

sWYERHl.png

@NateD1226 looks at his TMNT Shell Phone to find a message from Bob Iger.

"Agents, your mission is complete. Even with L.A.N.D compromising our original secret base and infiltrating our organization, you were able to complete your task and save the world. With all these artifacts, we can erase the damage done by those vile fiends and restore S.E.A. to its former glory! The last thing you must do is bring these artifacts to me. I'll be waiting at the original S.E.A. Fortress"

Though Iger is telling the teams their mission is complete, the agents have a sinking feeling in the pit of their stomachs that this isn't really the end. Plus, the hosts have already told them that Act 3 is coming, so definitely more is on the way.

Team Tomorrow in the Disney Adventure and Team Yesterday in the Disney Adventure have set sail for the location of the Fortress of Fate at Tokyo DisneySea. Our ships are currently traveling at a speed of 542 3/5 knots and should be arriving momentarily.

giphy.gif

Until then, sit back, relax, and have a drink while you wait to be summoned to the Fortress.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
TH3yRSz.png

A huge thank you to everyone who has participated in Stanzas 1-10. Especially last stanza: we had such a fantastic turnout!

However, all great things must come to an end. You are now standing on the brink of the abyss, between Act 2 (The Pacific Voyage) and Act 3 (The Fantasy Voyage). Only about half of you will emerge from this stanza alive.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make your case to why you should stay in The Sorcerer's Apprentice: ODYSSEY.

- The Judges will ask you some questions. You should reply to them honestly, while also pitching your case to continue.
- Use examples from throughout the competition on things you have accomplished/overcome. We're ghosts, not robots, so we may have forgotten a few things. Make sure to remind us!

This Project is due Saturday, March 28th at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones

Walt Disney World- 11:59 PM
Disneyland Park - 8:59 PM
Disneyland Paris - 5:59 AM
Disneyland Tokyo - 1:59 PM​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
We are proud to announce...

7suiJCv.png

The first park may be complete (for now), but there is still plenty of imagineering to do!
An ongoing open brainstorming thread will be set up to work together on something new for the Mumbai Disneyland Resort!

Anyone who wants to participate can! There will be no deadlines, no eliminations, no winning or losing, no teams... This will be just a fun way to stay connected and keep creating amazing things together!

For those who don't continue on to Act 3, this will be a great way to stay involved with the SAU! For everyone else, it will still be a lot of fun!

MISSION: MUMBAI will begin before long.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Mumbai is such a massive project that a full reviews will have to wait a bit, but the truth is that there really aren't any weakspots in the project! One or two things that could've used more pictures. A few things in Fantasyland or Adventureland that were rushed for various reasons. But the project is beyond impressive with so many amazing elements!!! I can't wait to deep dive into it!

But first, there is something else for me to review!

pi reviews.png
SAU Extra Magic Hours.png

@Puffs - #PoohsHuneyWall

I love this picture! It would fit in great in critter Country! You had great use of color scheme, the yellow against the shades of brown if really pleasant to look at. I could see this making a really great photo op!

@gam3rprincess - #BlueSkyWall

Hand drawn Instagram is a super interesting concept! You did a great job with it too! You did storytelling in an interesting way using the comments on the post to establish where it is and all the details in a fun, creative way! The actual wall would be a really great photo op too!

@D Hindley - Zootopia All-Species Fountain

I really love this concept! It is exactly the type of thing a Zootopia land should have! I like how you sorta blend an interesting set piece decoration with a functioning water fountain. A great blend of storytelling and practicality! Love it! Even if I reaaaallly don't care about Zootopia

@Puffs - The Drinking Barrel

I love how low key this one is. I'm always a sucker for realistic projects and this one something I fully would not be shocked if it was already there. We spend so much time going very blue sky in these games, that I love seeing projects that are bordering on boring. This is a perfect example of how to do a very grounded project with still feeling the right amount of whimsical for a Disney park. Love it! Plus, great art as always!

@Tux - Fountain of Imagination

I love how you use this as a teaser of what's to come! It reminds me of how they had the BatB popcorn cart going around fantasyland in WDW a few months before New Fantasyland opened up! I could see this being a really great, subtle homage to the original imagination. It would make a really great visual with a pop of color!

@Disney Dad 3000 - Flynn's Fountain

Sleek Tron visuals is something I am always a sucker for. That picture you found is perfect and would be a really striking design! I like how you use the water fountain more as a way to enhance the land around it rather than to be a stand out feature. I liked that approach.

@NateD1226 - The Blue Water Fountain

Positively Groundbreaking! Pinacle of imagineering! We should just give you the title of Sorcerer's Apprentice now just because of this fountain! It's a water fountain and it is blue!

@Outbound - The Red Water Fountain

Derivative slop. You're better than this :p

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Chapter 12: Dreams, Dangers, Dimensions

The teams are ready for whatever challenges they might face.

The Founder's Ghosts have determined them to be worthy to carry on the legacy of S.E.A. and the artifacts are safely in their hands. The mission is seemingly complete, but they can't shake the feeling that something terrible is waiting for them.

Plus, the postcards they've been receiving from Yensid have seemed increasingly ominous...

"The last one literally is signed by Eisner! And it shows him in Tokyo, not far from us!" @Puffs says worried.

"I don't know, seems fishy. I am definitely sure Eisner would have put 'Hello, I am Michael Eisner' at the start of the postcard." @Evilgidgit reasons.

"Regardless, we probably shouldn't get too comfortable though. Just in case Eisner really is that close by. Let's rendevous with Bob Iger and give him the artifacts quickly!" @D Hindley says. Surely once they return the artifacts to Iger nothing will go wrong!

eQGJPij.png

CwTgPCD.png

"How could the Muppets betray me!!!!" @AceAstro laments!

"I told you Eisner's post card felt off!" @Evilgidgit brags!

"Very easily!" Waldo boasts, "After I escaped the lab of those felt fools I started work on my master plan. I followed Maleficent just long enough to learn of these artifacts and the 3D Hat. With all of the stolen artifacts combined, I can awaken the powers of the 3D hat and it will be able to control reality just like Yensid's hat. Then I will be able to shred this universe down to its last atom. And rebuild it as a fully 3D universe! All Waldo, all the time!"

"Why disguise yourself as Michael Eisner? Is the real Eisner working with L.A.N.D. too?" @Outbound asks trying to facilitate some more clunky exposition.

Waldo laughs, "No idea what that old fool is up to! But who cares! I just used his persona to infiltrate L.A.N.D.! Forgotten, crappy, and unloved theme park IPs love Eisner since he was responsible for so many of them! Superstar Limo is what they all aspire to be. I disguised myself as that bald weirdo and then they all followed me!"

"That makes sense, this is a really well crafted story with no plot holes or contrivances!" @Pi on my Cake says facetiously tooting his own horn.

"Got a few heads to bounce on before I'm ready to destroy the universe. Toodles, Imagineers! See ya real soon!" Waldo says before disappearing!

The imagineers don't know what to do now... It seems they have lost.

"I've got another mission for you agents..." They hear a mysterious voice from the shadows say...

ywhclIh.png

"Greetings, Imagineers. Long time no see." Bob Iger says.

"Hello, I am Michael Eisner," Michael Eisner says. "Once I saw Chapek was named CEO, I knew something was wrong. Only a force of pure evil could make that happen. So, I realized it was time for me to come back to the House of Mouse."

"He found me in the top secret emergency bunker I was hiding out in that only Disney CEOs know about." Bob Iger explains. "We used the top secret super computers that only Disney CEOs know about to learn the truth of what was going on. So, we traveled here in the top secret flying car that only Disney CEOs know about and now we're here to help you save the world."

"There is only one hope to counter Waldo and the 3D hat, and that is the real Yensid's hat! But only one can wield that to face Waldo and save the entire SAU..." Michael Eisner explains.

They hacked into the codex, they recovered the artifacts, and now the agents learn what their new mission must be...

They must find the Sorcerer's Apprentice to save the Universe!

Of course, the only way to find the next Sorcerer's Apprentice is to continue creating amazing things together! The remaining players ready themselves for their next creative challenge!

The imagineers who aren't still in the game can help too! By continuing to keep the spirit of imagination alive and working on MISSION: MUMBAI they can slow Waldo down and keep him distracted!

@D Hindley asks, "Hang on, I'm still in the game, but I was hoping to work more on Mumbai Disneyland resort too."

"Well, what better place to continue to create than in a place we created?" @PerGronStudio ponders.

And with that, we begin Act 3 - The Fantasy Voyage!

oI2mxpr.png

Bob Iger and Michael Eisner say in unison, "Go make Walt proud!"

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
MFcl6R8.png

The Fantasy Voyage takes us to MUMBAI DISNEYLAND. Season 6 will remain here for the rest of the game. However, for this Stanza, we won't be going into Mumbai Disneyland itself.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to flesh out Mumbai Disneyland's Shopping District.

- Finalists, you have been split into two teams: Team Esiner and Team Iger. Even though it is the endgame, it's still a great idea to collaborate with people you might not have played with yet.
- A lot of the tips about Mumbai offered in Stanza 10 still apply here.
- 2-3 finalists will be eliminated this round, regardless of their team. Winning the round as a team doesn't grant you individual immunity.
- We believe in you! Good luck!

Project Managers
Esiner
- @gam3rprincess
Iger - @Disney Dad 3000

Guest Reviewers
Esiner
- @DisneyManOne, @JokersWild
Iger - @MagicFeather, @Voxel, @JokersWild

This Project is due Saturday, April 4th at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones

Walt Disney World- 11:59 PM
Disneyland Park - 8:59 PM
Disneyland Paris - 5:59 AM
Disneyland Tokyo - 1:59 PM​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
New Hotels!

While the teams work on Mumbai, they need a base of observations. Thanks to the park being closed, Tokyo Disneyland Resort makes the perfect base of operations! Plus, it is right by the Fortress of Fate in DisneySea so it is nearby since they might be visiting there more often in Act 3.

Team Eisner will be staying at Hotel MiraCosta
v862NtM.png

Team Iger will be staying at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
xBO40MS.png

All lodging has been generously paid for by @Disney Dad 3000

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom