The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY - The Fortress of Fate

pix

@gam3rprincess

You have so much potential and talent! Yet, you haven't felt very "present" these last two rounds. I know you have mentioned work and school being difficult, which is completely understandable. In future rounds, will you have the time to be more involved in what your team is doing?

In future rounds I will put aside the time to be more involved, work and school has been difficult but in all honesty its more my mental health making it hard to put the effort in anything really and the amount of time I spend on mindless games on my phone is to much. I have the time and I want to do this. I love these competitions, I just need to hold myself accountable because it will help me break the cycle of my issues.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
In future rounds I will put aside the time to be more involved, work and school has been difficult but in all honesty its more my mental health making it hard to put the effort in anything really and the amount of time I spend on mindless games on my phone is to much. I have the time and I want to do this. I love these competitions, I just need to hold myself accountable because it will help me break the cycle of my issues.
We appreciate your honesty. Mental health issues aren't easy. Being involved with this forum definitely helped give me a routine and help get out of it when I was struggling with more serious stuff. We've got some fun stanzas coming up, I hope they help and you're able to get fully involved again!

DECISION - Stays in the Game

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
And now one journey has come to its end...

@FireMountain you have chosen to step out of the Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6. Should you desire, you can take part in the comp as a guest judge.

1581956209914.png

1 Agents have been eliminated in Stanza IV.
14 S.E.A. agents remain.
1 among them will be the Sorcerer's Apprentice.
The other 13 will go on to be eliminated.

The Founder's Ghosts resume their slumber,
but will be back at a later date.
Work hard this next Stanza or risk

being sent to the Fortress of Fate!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

ACT II SESSION

Welcome one and all to the Fortress of Fate!

Before we continue on to Act 3 and head towards the conclusion of our game, we shall all be judged by the Ghosts of those who founded S.E.A.

Agents, your mission is to reply to the Judges’ Ghosts' questions below:

I4u9vg6.png

FERDINAND MAGELLAN: “What was your most challenging Stanza this season? Why did it haunt you so?”

Hqg7jfV.png

MARCO POLO: “What is your proudest accomplishment this season? We must explore what makes us great!”

VqqDRxU.png

LEONARDO DA VINCI: “How have you grown as an imagineer this season and what new things have you tried? Often imagineers must strive to be renaissance men!"

Klr44jr.gif

All the Founder's Ghosts: "The Final Act will be more intense and feature more eliminations as we head into the finale, are you sure you wish to proceed? Or would you rather just work on the more casual Mission: Mumbai team? There is no shame in stepping down."

LEONARDO DA VINCI: “Any other final thoughts before we pass our judgement!"

You have until 11:59 PM WDW Time on Saturday 3/28 to answer.
Good luck to all of you Explorers, Adventurers, Agents, and Imagineers.
May you all carry on the legacy of the Society!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

ACT II SESSION

Before we continue on to Act 3 and head towards the conclusion of our game, we shall all be judged by the Ghosts of those who founded S.E.A.

I4u9vg6.png

FERDINAND MAGELLAN: “What was your most challenging Stanza this season? Why did it haunt you so?”

Hqg7jfV.png

MARCO POLO: “What is your proudest accomplishment this season? We must explore what makes us great!”

VqqDRxU.png

LEONARDO DA VINCI: “How have you grown as an imagineer this season and what new things have you tried? Often imagineers must strive to be renaissance men!"

Klr44jr.gif

All the Founder's Ghosts: "The Final Act will be more intense and feature more eliminations as we head into the finale, are you sure you wish to proceed? Or would you rather just work on the more casual Mission: Mumbai team? There is no shame in stepping down."

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

ACT II SESSION

I4u9vg6.png

Hqg7jfV.png

VqqDRxU.png

Klr44jr.gif

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

ACT II SESSION

I4u9vg6.png

Hqg7jfV.png

VqqDRxU.png

Klr44jr.gif

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

ACT II SESSION

I4u9vg6.png

Hqg7jfV.png

VqqDRxU.png

Klr44jr.gif

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

ACT II SESSION

I4u9vg6.png

Hqg7jfV.png

VqqDRxU.png

Klr44jr.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
Kicking it off...
FERDINAND MAGELLAN: “What was your most challenging Stanza this season?
- Probably Stanza VII because it was an all hands on deck adventure to get that project out. Life circumstances and unfamiliarity with the project made the initial brainstorming tough, and I'd never joined a Stanza halfway before so that was something different.

MARCO POLO: “What is your proudest accomplishment this season?
- I'd say both Stanza IX and X were standout moments.
- Stanza IX because folks like @Puffs and @Evilgidgit and everyone on Team Tomorrow truly defined what teamwork is all about, each designing concept art for the parade - making it one of the few projects in imagineering competitions that is completely made up of customized artwork.
- Stanza X as well because it was an undertaking never before seen in this competition's history - in less than 2 weeks a group of a dozen plus imagineers came together and designed an entire park? That project to me will define the season regardless of anything else.

LEONARDO DA VINCI: “How have you grown as an imagineer this season and what new things have you tried?
- In the past I was more inclined to take on larger roles - but now it's hard for me to do that with real life, so having to transition to more of a role player leads me to have to trust others more to get stuff done, and I think that's a good thing.

All the Founder's Ghosts: "The Final Act will be more intense and feature more eliminations as we head into the finale, are you sure you wish to proceed? Or would you rather just work on the more casual Mission: Mumbai team?
- I was only in this to do a few stanzas of Act 2, so I won't be going on to the Final Act - but I'll be around on the Mumbai Team for folks wanting to continue on.

- We're all peers here so stuff like Mumbai Disneyland shows what we're all capable of when we put our collective imaginations together (and when we're forced to be quarantined) but nevertheless - for those moving on, best of luck, for those on the Mumbai Team - I'll see ya there.​

Brer Panther

That's a tricky one... probably the Adventures by Disney one, considering I know next-to-nothing about Adventures by Disney.

Well, I got to do some art. I do love to draw, and I was pretty honored seeing everyone talk about how good my art was.

I think I have grown as an Imagineer a little. I've started posting my own art for the first time, I've gotten to work on some original attractions (in the past, many of my "original attractions" have been kind of crappy) and, heck, the fact that I'm actually doing another one of these Imagineering Competitions shows some growth (I haven't done one of these in a while, and I wound up dropping out of the last one I did before this).

I'd like to proceed, yes.
Y'know what's a great show? Zoboomafoo.

mickeyfan5534

I'd say that the most challenging Stanza was the villain parade. A combination of life getting in the way for everyone with a concept that is inherently difficult to create.
As a whole, the Disney Journey and Mumbai Disneyland are both some of my absolute favorite creations on this site.
I've learned more about what works and what doesn't and I've stretched my legs a bit with stuff I've never done before. I've never done a cruise ship and that ended up being one of the most fun stanzas.
EDIT: I'd also like to add that TMNT is a powerhouse.
Bring it on!
This was an absolute pleasure of a season.

Last edited:

Tux

I would say the first Stanza and the eighth Stanza. The first Stanza since several of our members were busy with life outside of the forums, so we had to rush parts of the project's completion with that combined with some of the disorganization of themes along with some poor decisions I made in terms of judgement and design such as with the Kingsman scene getting in The Great Modern Movie ride, which I implemented, so when I was reading the reviews, I realized that in hindsight the often mixing of themes and pushing the limits were terrible ideas. The eighth stanza because I ended up misinterpreting the deadline and went offline for an extended period of time, essentially abandoning my team which I wanted to avoid.

Probably it has to be everything I did on the Disney Adventure (Team Yesterday), and the analysis's I did throughout the stanzas. Mainly because I managed to get the restaurants, retail, rides, and a sketch done without the quality dipping within a relatively short time span. The analysis's because I managed to keep my info accurate which went into multiple project's designs, which often influenced plots and formatting. Also, I was quite happy with the results on The Art Of Arjuna and the minor fixes in the Efteling.

I would say I grew by increasing the quality of the projects I produced and by being more useful to the team in comparison to past competitions throughout the forums. I feel as if I was helpful in only the first two acts of One Little Spark season 2 to the overall team, before fading into the background, and only really resurfacing in the independent later rounds.

1585320737295.png

_
_
_

In all seriousness though, I had a blast with this being my first season of Sorcerer's. I had a great time with you all. I'm happy with what I managed to do, and the friends I made along the way. Thank you for inviting me to play.

Last edited:

NateD1226

1. I think the most challenging Stanza was the Europe Parks Renovation. There were so many ideas flowing around, sometimes it was hard to keep track. But we pushed through it!

2. I think my most accomplished moment in this season was being a PM for the Europe Parks Renovation. I really learned a lot when taking the lead on 15 people.

3. I would say that I grew a lot. I have gotten better with time management and being more detailed in my writing. Plus I love working with new people every season!

4. I had so much fun this season! Can't wait to see what the future brings

D Hulk

Mumbai Disneyland, no doubt. It was a lot of work serving as unofficial Project Manager for the biggest, baddest, boldest project in recent memory, with its vast park-wide scale, careful cultural details, elaborate quarantine-assisted map...and the final results are extremely close to the park which I first pictured when I proposed Mumbai.

Mumbai Disneyland, no doubt. It was a lot of work serving as unofficial Project Manager for the biggest, baddest, boldest project in recent memory, with its vast park-wide scale, careful cultural details, elaborate quarantine-assisted map...and the final results are extremely close to the park which I first pictured when I proposed Mumbai.

I made a Google Sites for the first time. That was cool. And I've honed my established talents, such as illustration...that drawing of Mumbai Disneyland hopefully speaks for itself.

Honestly I just want to be a part of any Mumbai Disneyland projects going forward, because I have a strong sense that we're not done with Mumbai...not by a long shot! And it's my baby.

dafoe.png

Orange Cat

FERDINAND MAGELLAN: “What was your most challenging Stanza this season? Why did it haunt you so?” Definitely the ABD stanza. I didn’t even know about ABD until that stanza, I didn’t expect to be PM, & there weren’t many choices for trips (due to political reasons or cause they were already ABDs). But I think the thing that haunted me the most is that well I think I did do alright as PM given the conditions, I think I could’ve done a lot better & should have stepped up & taken action like @AceAstro did that stanza
definitely Stanza II. Stanza I was probably my 2nd worst moment, but I learned from it. I did write-ups for bars, restaurants, & even activities, I had ideas & I executed them. So well it wasn’t my best writing this season, I still improved (& though it’s not my point, I also learned the strengths & weaknesses of my fellow imagineers) So whether I make it to Act III or not, that’s definitely a stanza I’m gonna have fond memories of for a long time
well I wrote a lot of restaurants & improved in writing them, I’m still not the best. I actually think that I grew as an artist this season. The only way to improve at art is to just keep drawing, but it’s hard to keep drawing if you don’t have a reason, motivation, & incentive to draw. This season gave me all those things
well I can’t say for certain I deserve to proceed, this season has been really fun so far & i’d love to move forward
This season has been both fun & helped me grow as a writer & artist. So whether I proceed or not, I just wanna say you’ve done an excellent job hosting, creating, & judging @Pi on my Cake , @Outbound , & @PerGronStudio as well as @spacemt354 & everyone else who’s contributed to this competition :).

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Could we possibly get a list of the stanzas and a brief description of each one just so I don't have to go digging through the main thread for them. Unless there's already an archive I'm unaware of.
Well, I checked the archive on the first post of the main thread that I was supposed to be updating and apparently I hadn't added any stanzas since Stanza III lol.

BUT it is updated now!

That has links to every stanza and the titles for them.

Evilgidgit

I'd have to say Stanza V -- redesigning and expanding a park I had little knowledge of, which is a little ironic since I live in the UK, was quite the challenge. I felt it was a bit of a struggle coming up with ideas and getting motivation rolling, but when @Brer Oswald rocketed in with his amazing ideas for the Sonic land, the whole thing came together. The rest of my ideas were a bit muddled and I probably should have gone with a singular literary source than multiple -- I likely would've strictly gone with Beatrix Potter, but that indoor Narnia subland with its own climate was too good to pass up. To hell with your imaginary budgets, I do what I want!!

To my own surprise, it is working on the Disney Adventure. I had never been on a Disney cruise before (or a cruise in general), so my knowledge of that part of Disney's vacation industry was basically the shows and that's it. Designing slides, pools, play areas, and deck restaurants blew my mind and required a lot of studying on the existing Disney ships. It also gave me an opportunity to create some theatre shows as well and develop a better understanding of the cruise ships.

This season has allowed me to think outside the box and be a little more ambitious in my ideas and creativity. Although I didn't really explore other avenues like drawing, etc., I surprised myself by taking the lead on several stanzas or projects within those stanzas. Leadership is not really one of my ambitions in life, but I did enjoy guiding projects and suggesting ideas. It was nice to come up with a unique parade and an Avengers Campus that won't follow the Galaxy's Edge copy and paste formula.

I am eager to journey into the final act, but the elephant in the room remains -- my commitment to work and those pesky time zones. Yes, I am beating a dead unicorn by now with this, but it is a problem. I am working from home now and has to prioritise my job above all else, leaving me tired at the end of each day, but it is nice to have this to go to when I am more relaxed. The competition is one of my few sources of creative input at the moment, though if things are to grow ever huger and more intense, timing may be poor. I'd be perfectly fine with being eliminated here and contributing to Mission Mumbai, but I also wish to keep on having fun, making some magic, and destroying everyone as well. Let's keep this hypetrain going.

Hmmm...

I wish I was a little grub. Wouldn't life be funny. I'd climb into the honey pot, and make my tummy gummy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom