The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY- Hype Thread

Voxel

President of Progress City
Yeah, I haven't seen that yet. My sad response was meant mostly in jest. And while I haven't left this forum, up until a week ago I had left the country once again (been doing that a lot lately) for over a month in India with a brief week in Turkey on the way out. It was hugely worthwhile; a great chance to clear the head. Glad to be back, buddy!
How was India? I really want to see that country, many of my best friends are from the country and they always recommend seeing it. I"m trying to wait until my friend's wedding.. If she ever meets someone.

I'm actually packing right now to leave the country for almost the entire month of January. Going to spend it in South Korea.

D Hulk

How was India? I really want to see that country, many of my best friends are from the country and they always recommend seeing it. I"m trying to wait until my friend's wedding.. If she ever meets someone.

I'm actually packing right now to leave the country for almost the entire month of January. Going to spend it in South Korea.
Wow Voxel, you’re becoming quite the international man of mystery! South Korea is on my list of places to visit someday. I would love hearing your impressions.

India was fantastic. It was almost nonstop sensory overload. Nearly every aspect of Indian daily life felt unique and overwhelming. It is a country I would recommend to a seasoned traveler, but not to a novice. You will experience crowds, constant noise, smells, trash, pollution...and a beauty which shines through all those surface factors. Great food, warm people, amazing culture

My travels were exclusively in northern India, beginning in Delhi and exploring the states of Rajasthan and Utter Pradesh. Saw the sandstone mountain fortresses of Jaisalmer, the blue city of Jodhpur, the lakefront palaces of Udaipur, the holy sites of Pushkar, the modern mania of Jaipur, the touristiness of Agra, and the otherworldliness of Varanasi on the Ganges. There were street weddings nearly every night, often passing my room after midnight with their thumping Bollywood eletronica. If you can manage a wedding invite (propose to her, Vox:inlove:) it would make your visit that much more special!
672AEFE4-E090-4932-BDA3-2E79487241A9.jpeg
B7D5D8F8-AF7F-4B74-AC06-304907CEE262.jpeg

mickeyfan5534

On the movies side - I think this has been a really great year for films, maybe it's just me?
I was super busy this year so I didn't get to see much but I was mostly pleased with what I saw.
Isn't It Romantic was really charming and a loving send-up of romcoms
How to Train Your Dragon was just the perfect end of the trilogy
Shazam was just outstanding
Endgame was a great end to the Infinity Saga aside from some really out of character stuff that felt very bleh
Detective Pikachu because as a fun kid's movie, it really works and you can't say your heart didn't melt whenever a Bulbasaur showed up
Aladdin was 85% of the way there. If Jasmine had a better song and they didn't ask Will Smith to do his best Robin Williams impression, it'd be really great.
Dark Pheonix was easily the worst thing I saw in theaters this year
Far From Home was 75% of the way there. I just wish they let the perfect Peter Parker actually be Peter Parker and not Iron Man's sidekick Spider-Man.
Hustlers was superb
Frozen 2 was amazing

Outbound

Original Poster
India looks amazing @D Hindley ! Frantically looks for a way to add it to the Odyssey itinerary

In terms of movies this year I (like so many others) didn’t get to see everything I wanted. Favorites were Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Joker, Far From Home, and Endgame.

Excited for this Holiday season. I have tickets for Star Wars Friday night, and plans to see Knives Out with friends. Also hope to catch Jumanji 2 and 1917.

I’m keeping a very positive vibe with TROS, if it’s good yay, if it’s bad oh well. No need to get so emotional.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Wow Voxel, you’re becoming quite the international man of mystery! South Korea is on my list of places to visit someday. I would love hearing your impressions.

India was fantastic. It was almost nonstop sensory overload. Nearly every aspect of Indian daily life felt unique and overwhelming. It is a country I would recommend to a seasoned traveler, but not to a novice. You will experience crowds, constant noise, smells, trash, pollution...and a beauty which shines through all those surface factors. Great food, warm people, amazing culture

My travels were exclusively in northern India, beginning in Delhi and exploring the states of Rajasthan and Utter Pradesh. Saw the sandstone mountain fortresses of Jaisalmer, the blue city of Jodhpur, the lakefront palaces of Udaipur, the holy sites of Pushkar, the modern mania of Jaipur, the touristiness of Agra, and the otherworldliness of Varanasi on the Ganges. There were street weddings nearly every night, often passing my room after midnight with their thumping Bollywood eletronica. If you can manage a wedding invite (propose to her, Vox:inlove:) it would make your visit that much more special!
View attachment 434752View attachment 434760
I'll let you know and try to take alot of photos of the country. I'm really looking forward to it. Also I feel like my GF would be mad in I propose to my friend. Might make things complicated.

DinoInstitute

I've seen 13 or 14 movies in theaters this year (not counting seeing Endgame thrice lol).

My favorites were definitely Endgame and Jojo Rabbit. I still need to want to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Knives out, and Star Wars before the year is up.
If I’m not forgetting any, I’ve seen... 2 :p

(Those being Endgame and Frozen 2, both of which were great!)

TwilightZone

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Always fashionably late aren't I? Thank you! I may or may not join dunno. Got some personal projects under my plate.
I will say if I do join my editing skills has gone up up up. If I ever feel like I've run out of ideas creatively i will for sure join to get some and you can see my mega progress.
The amount your skills have grown just over the last year and a half or so is astounding! I can't wait to see how you've gotten even better! Totally understand not having time, but if you change your mind let us know!

TwilightZone

The amount your skills have grown just over the last year and a half or so is astounding! I can't wait to see how you've gotten even better! Totally understand not having time, but if you change your mind let us know!
Thank you! I will. I'm still into wimpy kid and the people there are pretty surprised how much the progress grew, when I do show it off I wanna rock people's socks off. Or something to that effect haha.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Guys we are allllll forgetting about the absolute classic and winner of every Oscar: Cats!
I make no promises, but I'm hoping for a boozy double feature of Star Wars and Cats tomorrow and I can't decide if I would rather the new Star Wars be a comically bad disaster or a genuinely good movie haha. I got Mandalorian giving me my fix for good Star Wars stuff, I'd be lying is I didn't say that part of me is hoping for a fun trainwreck from Episode 9

Also, Mandalorian is soooooo good. Gotta catch up on the last episode or two!

spacemt354

Chili's
Thank you! I will. I'm still into wimpy kid and the people there are pretty surprised how much the progress grew, when I do show it off I wanna rock people's socks off. Or something to that effect haha.
Speaking of this

TwilightZone

Speaking of this
Nice! Good job to everyone.
Nice is kinda my catchphrase now, expect a lot of nices haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom