The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5 - ENDGAME

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

hosted by @AceAstro, @D Hindley, @kmbmw777

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe is a wonderful, magical place. Here, Armchair Imagineers control the very fabric of existence. Season after season, winning projects become a permanent part of this world. Your creations can change the future!

But a dark shadow now falls over the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe. The forces of evil are rallying together to destroy everything that competitors have spent years creating. Can our latest batch of players counter this vile threat? How will they impact the Universe? We shall find out in…

enhance

ACT I
Stanza I: Tomorrowland Story
Stanza II: It's a Small Underworld
Stanza III: Ikspiari's New Coat
Stanza IV: Lost in Lotsoland
Stanza V: Patch 'Em Up

ACT II
Stanza VI: Turbo Breaks the Internet
Stanza VII: It's Dinner Time!!!
Stanza VIII: Mother Knows Restrooms
Stanza IX: The Queen of Flats
Stanza X: Halloweentown Horror Nights
Bonus Challenge: Friends on the Other Ride

ACT III
Stanza XI: The Court of Miseries
Stanza XII: Port Unfortunate Souls
Stanza XIII: Mistress of all Fantasy
Stanza XIV: A New Gate on Bald Mountain

AUXILIARY THREADS
Hype Thread
The Cursed Courtroom
Program Guides - Stanza I,
Stanza II, Stanza III, Stanza IV, Stanza VII, Stanza X, Stanza XII, Stanza XIII

Last edited:

D Hulk

Original Poster
Three teams were assembled to take down the villains. Each of the 21 players holding paper FastPasses is recruited.

Every team represents a different side of Disney heroism – Team Princes, Team Supers, and Team Warriors.

enhance

TEAM PRINCES
Brer Oswald
Disney Dad 3000
DisneyManOne
Evilgidgit
PerGronStudio
Pi on my Cake
Zootopia Dude

enhance

TEAM SUPERS
ChampDisney
chriss.moyer
Daveeeeed
Poe Dameron
orlando678-
spacemt354
TwilightZone

enhance

TEAM WARRIORS
Disneylover152
FireMountain
James G.
MonorailRed
nated1226
OutboundFlight
Voxel

D Hulk

Original Poster
The Teams Travel the I-5 to Disneyland Resort

enhance

“Welcome to the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Season 5,” @D Hindley says. “My fellow hosts and I are thrilled to see so many lively competitors on this Disney Magical Express bus to Disneyland Resort.”

“I wanna do Armchair Imagineering!” yells @chriss.moyer.

“Dude, I cannot wait for this season! I have heard of some legendary proposals,” says @nated1226 .

Returning players immediately erupt into a cacophony of in-jokes, saying weird things like “#BloodyWatermelonWall” and “#VBB.”
@Voxel whips out a supercomputer from his back pocket to look up past projects. He soon grows concerned.

“I keep all my files on the SAU on my computer.” He pauses. “That’s odd, they’re gone.”

“So are mine, and I use the filters,” says @spacemt354 . “What are these idiot hosts doing?”

The competitors slowly become uncomfortable. There’s something going on…but who knows what it is?

enhance

The bus pulls in front of the Disneyland Hotel. The sky is unusually overcast. For the first time in forever, the competition is starting on a rainy day.

“Alright, listen up. Team One will be staying here at the Disneyland Hotel,” @D Hindley yells.

“Team One? That’s really creative,” @Brer Oswald laughs.

“It’s a team! And it’s the first one!” @AceAstro hollers.

“DON’T MOVE!” an unknown and unseen individual suddenly commands. The voice is bold and loud. Powerful.

Mr. Incredible, Prince Philip and Robin Hood stand outside the vehicle in a heroic pose.

enhance

“I am Mr. Incredible of the Heroic Alliance, and we are placing you three villains under arrest for kidnapping the competitors.”

“Woah, woah, woah,” @kmbmw777 says fast. “We’re not doing anything wrong. We’re the hosts! We’re…”

“Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo! Higgitus figgitus! Et cetera!” Prince Philip says. He points his sword at the hosts, firing off rainbow color energy.

“…heroes,” finishes Yokai, the enemy of Hero and Baymax. @kmbmw777 is revealed to be the evil Yokai, @D Hindley Ratigan, and @AceAstro Randall.

enhance

“Someone ratted on us!” says @D Hindley/Ratigan.

@AceAstro/Randall puts his hand on his partners’ shoulders and they all swiftly blend into the surroundings - basically they disappear.

The heroes board the bus. Mr. Incredible leaps into the driver's seat and maneuvers the bus speeding down Disney Drive.

“Competitors, whatever you do don’t look behind you.” Robin Hood says. Instinctively, everyone looks behind.

enhance

Overrunning Downtown Disney is an army of monsters and villains, led by the nefarious trio of Yokai, Randall, and Ratigan.

“Ummm…What just happened?” @FireMountain says.

“Listen guys,” @Zootopia Dude says, “you’ve got some serious ‘splaining to do.”

“First we have to get off Disney property,” Prince Philip begins. “Every one of you is in Maleficent’s Codex, and her spies are everywhere.”

Robin Hood joins in. “For that reason, we’ll lie low in some Good Neighbor Hotels while we assess this villainous takeover. Team Warriors, you’ll be staying with me in the sensational Candy Cane Inn.

enhance

Mr Incredible chimes in next. “Team Supers and I will be lodging at the glamorous Fairfield Inn.

enhance

And I will be overseeing Team Princes at the luxurious Riviera Motel,” says Prince Philip.

enhance

“HOORAY!” @Pi on my Cake bellows. “The Riviera Motel!”

“Everyone get some rest,” Robin Hood adds. “We have a long battle ahead of us, and we still need to formulate a strategy."

TO BE CONTINUED...

D Hulk

Original Poster
The Heroes Plot Their Strategy

enhance

After a fitful night sleeping offsite, the teams regroup in the last place the villains would ever dare look – Captain Kidd’s Buffet on Harbor Blvd. (
2.0 stars on Yelp).

“Alright. We should be safe now that we’re off Disney property,” Mr. Incredible begins.

“Why are we meeting here?” asks @Disneylover152. “Their food tastes rancid.”

“I’d rather eat pie on my cake” says @Pi on my Cake.

@ChampDisney chimes in. “There’s mold on the mac ‘n’ cheese. It’s sickening!”

enhance

Actual Captain Kidd’s cuisine

“Don’t eat their slop if you don’t want it,” interjects Prince Philip. “Now, it all began when Yen Sid’s castle was invaded…”

F L A S H B A C K

enhance

By removing the stars from Yen Sid’s magical hat, Maleficent erased half of the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe from existence in an instant. Half of everything gone. She calls it balance; I call it annihilation.

To cover her tracks, Maleficent divided the hat’s 12 stars between 12 Disney villains. The hat’s moon, she kept for herself. Every villain seized control over a different aspect of Disney Parks.

It’s up to you to restore the kingdoms. You must battle the villains, retrieve the stars, restore Yen Sid’s hat, and rescue the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe.

enhance

E N D . F L A S H B A C K

“So…no pressure at all then,” says @OutboundFlight.

“I take it we’re starting in Disneyland, right?” says @PerGronStudio. “Battling whichever villain we find there?”

“Bingo,” Robin Hood says, holding up a large satchel of placards, “I had @MonorailRed collect these for us from WDW. It’s cast member nametags, one for each of us. The perfect disguise!”

After settling their surprisingly large bill (generously paid for by @Disney Dad 3000), everyone sets sail across Harbor towards adventure!

The three teams enter Disneyland for the first time. They arrive not through the main gates, but like thieves in the night sneaking in via cast member entry.

enhance

It is an inauspicious start. Teams feel trepidation as they wander the backstage tunnels, eager to discover what they’ll find within Disneyland’s walls…

TheOriginalTiki

Absolutely LOVING all the Harbor Boulevard stuff. I also appreciate how Harbor was lightly referenced on the outskirts of Oh My Disney in Ralph Breaks the Internet. I've stayed at Fairfield at least three times, and Captain Kidd's is indeed one of the most sickening culinary "experiences" you'll ever have. The badness there is one for the record books. Loving the care and craft being put into this both on a story and presentation level!

I'll be doing a podcast for each round of the season breaking down the projects and also the storyline. I'm going to try to have folks like SandyClaws, BlueDragonFive, Monkey, and Jacob come on from time to time, but it'd also be VERY valuable to get a rotating panel of folks here...both players and spectators, to chime in. I really want the podcast this season to be a communal experience. Please let me know if you'd at all be interested in coming on. :) I really want to do a cast assessment podcast, but only if there's someone familiar with everyone to walk me through some of the newcomers. I've been on a bit of a hiatus from here over the holiday season between a busy podcast schedule, a busier work schedule, and a massive WDW solo trip in the middle of it all. I'm really hyped for the things that could come from the podcast and from the game this season though, so make no mistake I'm back with full force...as much as I can be as a spectator ;)

D Hulk

Original Poster
Out of the three with certainty I can say that Team Princes got by far the least fancy accommodations, while Team Warriors have the nostalgic favorite hotel that's a little rundown and Team Supers are living in the lap of luxury at what is probably the best Harbor hotel on the "Strip".
Team Princes originally had fancier accommodations. That all changed yesterday when I learned that @Pi on my Cake is actually staying at the Riviera Motel in real life later this month. You can all thank him. ;)

TheOriginalTiki

Team Princes originally had fancier accommodations. That all changed yesterday when I learned that @Pi on my Cake is actually staying at the Riviera Motel in real life later this month. You can all thank him. ;)

Out of the three the Rivera is the only one I haven't actually stayed at, but it looks rather crummy from the outside haha. Who knows, on the inside it could be a five star resort quality room for all I know. ;) I'm surprised you didn't go for the Castle Inn as one of the options. Now there's a Harbor classic. A Disney castle style facade which opens out into the most generic parking lot hotel you'll ever find. ;)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The Heroes Plot Their Strategy

enhance

After a fitful night sleeping offsite, the teams regroup in the last place the villains would ever dare look – Captain Kidd’s Buffet on Harbor Blvd. (
2.0 stars on Yelp).

“Alright. We should be safe now that we’re off Disney property,” Mr. Incredible begins.

“Why are we meeting here?” asks @Disneylover152. “Their food tastes rancid.”

“I’d rather eat pie on my cake” says @Pi on my Cake.

@ChampDisney chimes in. “There’s mold on the mac ‘n’ cheese. It’s sickening!”

enhance

Actual Captain Kidd’s cuisine

“Don’t eat their slop if you don’t want it,” interjects Prince Philip. “Now, it all began when Yen Sid’s castle was invaded…”

F L A S H B A C K

enhance

By removing the stars from Yen Sid’s magical hat, Maleficent erased half of the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe from existence in an instant. Half of everything gone. She calls it balance; I call it annihilation.

To cover her tracks, Maleficent divided the hat’s 12 stars between 12 Disney villains. The hat’s moon, she kept for herself. Every villain seized control over a different aspect of Disney Parks.

It’s up to you to restore the kingdoms. You must battle the villains, retrieve the stars, restore Yen Sid’s hat, and rescue the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe.

enhance

E N D . F L A S H B A C K

“So…no pressure at all then,” says @OutboundFlight.

“I take it we’re starting in Disneyland, right?” says @PerGronStudio. “Battling whichever villain we find there?”

“Bingo,” Robin Hood says, holding up a large satchel of placards, “I had @MonorailRed collect these for us from WDW. It’s cast member nametags, one for each of us. The perfect disguise!”

After settling their surprisingly large bill (generously paid for by @Disney Dad 3000), everyone sets sail across Harbor towards adventure!

The three teams enter Disneyland for the first time. They arrive not through the main gates, but like thieves in the night sneaking in via cast member entry.

enhance

It is an inauspicious start. Teams feel trepidation as they wander the backstage tunnels, eager to discover what they’ll find within Disneyland’s walls…

Well, there goes my plan to eat solely at Captain Kidd's ;)

#ThanksPiOnMyCake

This story is beyond ridiculous. I would never pick up the tab. :)
What can I say, I'm young, broke, and reckless with my health and safety. And I've dragged you all down with my low personal standards. Mwuhahahaha!

D Hulk

Original Poster
The Teams Explore Disneyland

enhance

“Alright everyone, don your disguises!” commands Mr. Incredible. “We cannot be recognized as we enter the park!”

“Oh come on!” exclaims @Daveeeeed. “Baseball caps and sunglasses aren’t disguises. We just look like ourselves at a baseball game!”

“And won’t someone notice that we have a talking ferret?” comments @James G.

“I’m a fox, you nincompoop!” yells Robin Hood.

“Calm down everyone.” Prince Philip reassures everyone. “Now if we just explore Disneyland like common tourists, we should find the baddie.”

The group cheers.

enhance

After grabbing FastPasses for the Matterhorn, the group queues up for Storybook Land Canal Boats before the morning crowds can gather. All are ecstatic.

“That was adorable,” gushes @orlando678- upon exiting. “Now let’s do a terrifying roller coaster!”

The group next does the Matterhorn, half riding on each side, all of them admiring the attraction’s multiple fully-functioning Yetis.

enhance

Evilgidgit

"To all who come to this sappy place, go away! Disneyland is NOT your land anymore. Here rage destroys fond memories of the past, and here youth have no promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to fears, nightmares, and the acts of villainy that secretly fuel Universal Studios. With the hope that it'll be a source of misery and tribulation all around the world! Cats rule!" -- Maleficent.

mickeyfan5534

"To all who come to this sappy place, go away! Disneyland is NOT your land anymore. Here rage destroys fond memories of the past, and here youth have no promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to fears, nightmares, and the acts of villainy that secretly fuel Universal Studios. With the hope that it'll be a source of misery and tribulation all around the world! Cats rule!" -- Maleficent.
Say you got a problem with cats buddy?

TheOriginalTiki

Happy to announce that @Pi on my Cake and I will be reuniting to do a cast assessment podcast a few days before the first round ends! Cast assessments are historically really interesting to look back on. I guarantee there will be at least one player we'll sleep on who ends up making a deep run. Happens every time I've done one, haha.

Pi, am I crazy or did your username used to not have spaces in it? I feel like I'm in a Mandella situation right now :p

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Happy to announce that @Pi on my Cake and I will be reuniting to do a cast assessment podcast a few days before the first round ends! Cast assessments are historically really interesting to look back on. I guarantee there will be at least one player we'll sleep on who ends up making a deep run. Happens every time I've done one, haha.

Pi, am I crazy or did your username used to not have spaces in it? I feel like I'm in a Mandella situation right now :p
Lol you aren't going crazy. They added the ability to change your username, so I decided to add some spaces cuz I thought it would look better.

FireMountain

Lol you aren't going crazy. They added the ability to change your username, so I decided to add some spaces cuz I thought it would look better.
You can just change your name on the fly now? Huh, back in my day we had to go to a thread and post what you want to change your username to, and a mod would change your username in like 2 days. The WDWmagic equivalent of the Sears Catalog.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom