The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

mickeyfan5534

Guys, I cannot wait for this movie to come out...and entirely for all the wrong reasons.

From just this one trailer, my predictions for this movie have been fulfilled, and then some. Cats is going to be nothing less than a glorious "so-bad-it's-good" trainwreck, and I am so excited to see it!

Lindsay Ellis explains it far better than I can. Spoilered for language

NateD1226

Guys, I cannot wait for this movie to come out...and entirely for all the wrong reasons.

From just this one trailer, my predictions for this movie have been fulfilled, and then some. Cats is going to be nothing less than a glorious "so-bad-it's-good" trainwreck, and I am so excited to see it!

What was the reason for this movie...they really got Taylor Swift, Rebel Wilson, and James Corden to play cats. Why does the movie industry have to ruin EVERYTHING!

DisneyManOne

What was the reason for this movie...they really got Taylor Swift, Rebel Wilson, and James Corden to play cats. Why does the movie industry have to ruin EVERYTHING!
Then again, Cats wasn't really that good a musical anyway. Turning a series of children's poems into a coherent musical just didn't work on stage. The plot is literally "A bunch of cats introduce themselves and then one of them is chosen to die." Plus, this show kick-started Andrew Lloyd Webber's infamous string of "style-over-substance" musicals (i;e Starlight Express, Phantom of the Opera, Sunset Boulevard, Love Never Dies, etc.)

To me, Cats is a guilty pleasure. To me, it's so deliciously cheesy that I can't help but love it. I mean, it's gotten to the point where I taught myself the choreography for the opening number, and can perform it somewhat well...

...but again, I knew from the moment this film was announced that it was going to be wonderfully awful. It didn't work on stage, and it definitely won't work on film.

DisneyManOne

Some movies look better when they’re fully animated.

I really wish that Spielberg was able to do that animated Cats.

Speaking of which, am I the only one who thinks that a movie of Starlight Express, but animated in that cheesy 80s style (something like He-Man or The Brave Little Toaster) would work really well? I mean, I can easily imagine the trains speeding away leaving colored wakes, in the style of Care Bears or Rainbow Brite or something.

Suchomimus

Speaking of which, am I the only one who thinks that a movie of Starlight Express, but animated in that cheesy 80s style (something like He-Man or The Brave Little Toaster) would work really well? I mean, I can easily imagine the trains speeding away leaving colored wakes, in the style of Care Bears or Rainbow Brite or something.
Sort of. I’ve dreamed that if a movie Starlight Express wasn’t animated in CGI, it would be similar to the 1991 adaptation of The Little Engine That Could.

DisneyManOne

I honestly don't think I've ever seen uglier, less appealing, more horrific cgi creations from a major studio. This blows movie Sonic and the first trailer of will smith genie out of the water by a mile.

Personally, I owe a huge apology to the Lion King remake. Sure, it's shaping up to be the Disney equivalent of Gus Van Sant's Psycho, but at least their CGI felines actually, y'know, look like real-life lions. I'm still debating with myself on whether or not to go see it, but if I do, at least I can take comfort in knowing that it won't be nearly as bad as Cats will inevitably be.

Voxel

President of Progress City
How can anyone be so heartless and hateful as to commit arson?
I still haven't recovered from it. I spent last night introducing my GF to Kyoto Animation and watched Silent Voices. Such a beautiful film.

Also WTH is going on with CATS, i would have rather seen these actors in tight polyester than this. This gives me NO hope for Universal Pictures upcoming Film of Wicked.

tcool123

I honestly don't think I've ever seen uglier, less appealing, more horrific cgi creations from a major studio. This blows movie Sonic and the first trailer of will smith genie out of the water by a mile.
They could've always used costumes. I mean this isn't Universal's first cat based rodeo, just look at the Cat in the Hat

catinthehat-worried.jpg

Amazing. Stunning. Break-Taking. Innovative. Intricate. Welcoming. These are all adjectives that are present.

Just not in the design of the Cats, nor the original Universal live action cat Cat in the Hat.

Suchomimus

They could've always used costumes. I mean this isn't Universal's first cat based rodeo, just look at the Cat in the Hat

catinthehat-worried.jpg

Amazing. Stunning. Break-Taking. Innovative. Intricate. Welcoming. These are all adjectives that are present.

Just not in the design of the Cats, nor the original Universal live action cat Cat in the Hat.
And that is what I mean when I say some designs work better when they’re completely animated.

DisneyManOne

catinthehat-worried.jpg

Already, people have made comparisons of how the cats in the trailer look remarkably similar to Mike Myers in that film. Universal is exactly 0-2 in their live-action cat-based adaptations!

DisneyManOne

And since we're talking about awful stuff in the media...

This is what happens when your idiotic decisions and poor management leave you chasing trends in a desperate attempt to maintain your relevancy.

Also, of course Doug Walker wouldn't pick up on the whole "learning from your responsibilities" thing.

Suchomimus

And since we're talking about awful stuff in the media...

This is what happens when your idiotic decisions and poor management leave you chasing trends in a desperate attempt to maintain your relevancy.

Also, of course Doug Walker wouldn't pick up on the whole "learning from your responsibilities" thing.

And he still believes The Lion King ripped off Jungle Emperor Leo; aka Kimba the White Lion.

DisneyManOne

And he still believes The Lion King ripped off Jungle Emperor Leo; aka Kimba the White Lion.
Doug Walker will literally believe anything as long as it gets views. I mean, have you noticed that in recent episodes starting with the Fallen Kingdom review, he's apparently jumped on the "anti-SJW" bandwagon? Either he's that desperate for views and attention, or he's genuinely butthurt about people calling out his beloved Michael for his misogyny.

Then again, Doug is not a man who does his research when it comes to film, and there are various arguments that showcase how Disney couldn't have done it (this one being a good example, IMO). But of course, Doug wouldn't give such arguments so much as the time of day, because the only opinion he trusts is his own, and woe to those who dare disagree with it!

FireMountain

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom