The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
They were one of my favorit parts of Sywtbai season 14 (My first big comp). It was really fun to get to be a part of it! I'd love to see the more reality show style strategy competitions make a bit more of a comeback. Or atleast some elements like the cast assessment type stuff included again more often
The more multi-media stuff I think the better. I always compare it to SportsCenter for imagineering.

This was basically like the Fantasy Football guide to Season 5;)

TheOriginalTiki

They were one of my favorit parts of Sywtbai season 14 (My first big comp). It was really fun to get to be a part of it! I'd love to see the more reality show style strategy competitions make a bit more of a comeback. Or atleast some elements like the cast assessment type stuff included again more often

Yea, Pi and I were both talking about how much we missed having strategy be an active part of these games. I think something like Season 13 of SYWTBAI maybe went a bit too far in the strategy direction with the over-powered Killer twist, but I think a good middle ground could be met that wouldn't result in people like Space just being targeted from the word go which is why strategy has kind of taken a back seat here in the past couple years. If not being actively strategic, I think there's something to be said about putting emphasis on a good social game and working well within team dynamics. I'm hoping this season is a bit of a comeback to that style because as much as it's been interesting tweaking the SYWTBAI formula with non elimination, tier and leadboard based gameplay there's something to be said for the excitement and natural drama a good old fashion elimination based competition can bring out!

spacemt354

Chili's
For strategy games I think the Occam's Razor of that would be to just have less involved imagineering challenges.

Let's say you target a good player from the start, the problem ended up being that the good player ended up doing most of the work, and then would get axed. And some of the projects would be a lot of time and effort.

However if the projects were simple - like say on Harbor Blvd like you guys were joking about, easier and less time consuming, then if a good player gets axed it's less draining than getting axed after literally designing multiple lands

At least it would for me

Small things like a show or a restaurant or shop...stuff like that --- it would allow for unique challenges along with strategy. Like in Survivor from what I've seen the challenges are accessible to most folks and the game is mostly surrounding the relationships.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Twilight and Red are the only girls in the game - easy to remember;)
Good to know!

For strategy games I think the Occam's Razor of that would be to just have less involved imagineering challenges.

Let's say you target a good player from the start, the problem ended up being that the good player ended up doing most of the work, and then would get axed. And some of the projects would be a lot of time and effort.

However if the projects were simple - like say on Harbor Blvd like you guys were joking about, easier and less time consuming, then if a good player gets axed it's less draining than getting axed after literally designing multiple lands

At least it would for me

Small things like a show or a restaurant or shop...stuff like that --- it would allow for unique challenges along with strategy. Like in Survivor from what I've seen the challenges are accessible to most folks and the game is mostly surrounding the relationships.
That could be a very interesting and different competition!

Suchomimus

DwhTQjsU0AEcYHj

spacemt354

Chili's
That could be a very interesting and different competition!
I'd try that -- because you could still do teams like any other previous competition, but more of a focus is on the socialization between teams.

Design a D-Zone, Add new transportation, refurb an attraction

If each project was kept to that extent, I'd be much more receptive to it. Because in other cases it would be essentially do work and be targeted, or do little and target others.

With smaller projects, the gap of doing little and doing work becomes reduced making essentially 'everyone' a target!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom