The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
0.031.jpg

"Figment? Are you here? Oh my what a long time it's been!" said a jolly man with an orange bread - The Dreamfinder.

"Where are we Dreamfinder? This looks like Disneyland" Figment responded.

"It appears we were trapped in some sort of alternate reality, Figment, I'm just glad to see you back, hopefully you still have the Sorcerer's Hat!" Dreamfinder asked

"Right here" Figment said..."I mean...umm"
*He didn't have it*
"It's okay Figment, we'll find it with our imagination! Come on let's search for it, and when we find it -- it will guide us back on track to the Imagineering competition!"

6537863846093191671%253Faccount_id%253D9

"We were traveling to Tomorrowland originally Figment, anything there?"
"Nope! Don't see anything"

"How about in Trader Sam's?" replied Dreamfinder "I know Team Brava could go for a cold one"
"Not there either!"
2018-04-03.png

"What about the classy Team Castle? Maybe the hat's in Napa Rose?"
"Don't see it in there either"
2018-04-03.png

"Well it has to be somewhere Figment, let's not worry and head over to Disney California Adventure, we'll see if we have better luck over there. Remember there are many portals of adventure over there, such as the Carthay Circle Theater."

They both decided to walk to Ornament Valley, when they say a blue hat in the distance, sitting near the queue for Radiator Springs Racers.

"Figment there it is!"
4247713675526694990%253Faccount_id%253D9

Suddenly a blast of air and swirling winds transported them both with the Sorcerer's Hat to the Walt Disney World Resort for Stanza XII.

pixie_princess

Stanza XI Results
poster15.JPG

Congrdulations again to everyone and thank you all for participating in The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4!

As we move on into the postseason - here are the results from Stanza XI - and those that are moving on into the postseason!​

17.jpg

AceAstro
Disney Dad 3000
DisneyFan18
kmbmw777
Poe Dameron
TheOriginalTiki

18.jpg

D Hindley
FigmentPigments
mickeyfan5534
Pionmycake
pixie_princess
Voxel

How the Post-Season Works

There will be 2 Stanzas (Stanza XII and Stanza XIII) before the finale (Stanza XIV)
Each Stanza will last approximately 7-8 days
If one team wins both of those challenges - *all of the players on the team will enter into the finale
If the teams split wins - then all of the players will re-enter the Haunted Board Room and the top 6 will advance to the finale.

*If there is a circumstance where player(s) are inactive, yet the team wins both Stanzas, it will be up to the judges' discretion if he/she can advance. If we feel it would be unfair to have them advance, then that player, or players, will re-enter the Board Room along with an equal amount of judge nominated players from the losing team - to have a chance at the finale.

Lastly - all who participated in the Haunted Board Room, but didn't make it into the postseason - you're offered a guest judge position for the postseason if you would like to remain involved!

With that said - let's get started with Stanza XII!

YEAH!!! I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!! I WILL MISS YOU GUYS ON THE OTHER TEAM BUT ALSO PREPARE TO GO DOWN!!!!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
0.032.jpg

stanzaxii.jpg

With Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary coming up in 2021, and many large scale attractions arriving over the next few years, in the interim period between now and 2021, Disney could use some added perks to ensure guests continue to come down even in this construction heavy period. This summer they have the Incredible Summer package, but since we traveled to the future to see all the possible outcomes of this reduced budget celebration, the Board of Directors understands that next summer they need to step it up. And that is where you come in, as it requires all the skills you've learned over the first ten Stanzas to accomplish successfully.

Your task is to design a 'Spring into Summer' event that adds the following attractions to 'Spring' locations at the Walt Disney World Resort

Disney Springs
Announce a new show to replace Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba and design its opening act
Tie-Ins: Stanza VIII (Nighttime Show), Stanza X (Pre-Show)

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Using an open canvas, outline a new theme overlay for the resort
Tie Ins: Stanza I (Open Canvas), Stanza III (DVC Location)

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Create a Latin American themed Children's Area as a replacement for the Iguana Arcade
Tie-Ins: Stanza IV (Latin American theme), Stanza V (Kidzones),

Samawati Springs at Kidani Village, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Build a new culturally authentic poolside lounge to replace the Maji Pool Bar
Tie-Ins: Stanza III (DVC Location), Stanza VII (Themed Lounge)

Copper Creek Springs at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Advertise and construct a new interactive walking adventure game throughout the grounds of Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Tie-Ins: Stanza IV (Adventure theme), Stanza VI (Advertising)

Teamboat Springs at Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
Design a new character based water-slide from the top of Mt. Gushmore with a signature theme song.
Tie-Ins: Stanza II (Theme Song), Stanza IX (New Character)

*For more information on these projects, see the Program Guide for details and tips
--------------------------------

Project Managers
Orange Team - @DisneyFan18
Green Team - @D Hindley

Individual Reviewers
Orange Team - michmousefan, WowFactor, Sam4D23, gonzoWDW, CraftyFox
Green Team - v_k, P_Radden, WDW Guru, WED Imagineering, Fox&Hound

This Project is due Tuesday June 5th at 11:59PM EST

Time Zones
Pacific Standard Time - 8:59 PM
Eastern Standard Time - 11:59 PM
Greenwich Mean Time - 3:59 AM
Central European Time - 4:59 AM

Thank you, best of luck to everyone, have fun, and enjoy!​

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Stanza XI Results
poster15.JPG

Congrdulations again to everyone and thank you all for participating in The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4!

As we move on into the postseason - here are the results from Stanza XI - and those that are moving on into the postseason!​

17.jpg

AceAstro
Disney Dad 3000
DisneyFan18
kmbmw777
Poe Dameron
TheOriginalTiki

18.jpg

D Hindley
FigmentPigments
mickeyfan5534
Pionmycake
pixie_princess
Voxel

There will be 2 Stanzas (Stanza XII and Stanza XIII) before the finale (Stanza XIV)
If one team wins both of those challenges - *all of the players on the team will enter into the finale
If the teams split wins - then all of the players will re-enter the Haunted Board Room and the top 6 will advance to the finale.

*If there is a circumstance where player(s) are inactive, yet the team wins both Stanzas, it will be up to the judges' discretion if he/she can advance. If we feel it would be unfair to have them advance, then that player, or players, will re-enter the Board Room along with an equal amount of judge nominated players from the losing team - to have a chance at the finale.

Lastly - all who participated in the Haunted Board Room, but didn't make it into the postseason - you're offered a guest judge position for the postseason if you would like to remain involved!

This works because orange team on mission space make me feel sick and like my head will explode lol

mickeyfan5534

Stanza XI Results
poster15.JPG

17.jpg

AceAstro
Disney Dad 3000
DisneyFan18
kmbmw777
Poe Dameron
TheOriginalTiki

18.jpg

D Hindley
FigmentPigments
mickeyfan5534
Pionmycake
pixie_princess
Voxel

I'm actually kind of shocked I made it. Look at this amazing Top 12 though.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hey everyone! Best of luck! Family caught up with me a tad, preventing my responses from being submitted on time. Enjoy the rest of the game everyone!
Thank you so much for playing!! You were fantastic (as evidence by 3rd place in the MVP standings!) You're more than welcome to stay on as a guest judge as family is much more important and you can have fun this week with them and come back next week if you'd like to catch back up with it then! :)

DisneyFan18

17.jpg

Get ready for Spring into Summer, the next big Disney event, coming to Walt Disney World Resort in 2019, as the gracious, all wise, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Bob Chapek said himself "we've in our hands, one of the most complex and revolutionary projects ever designed by the company, and we can't wait for you and your family to spend all your money in it - I mean have fun and enjoy it! Thank you, Team Orange for working so hard on it."

In order to proceed answer the following question:
Are you a Disney Princess?
a) Yes, I've magic hair and/or hands
b) I'm Mary Poppins y'all
c) Have you eaten Hunny?
d) No, I'm a Disney Imagineer.

And Team Orange shares with you a lovely song to hear while readings the project

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Thank you to both teams for the projects! Reviews will come within the next hour or so, with guest judge reviews throughout the day tomorrow, and results tomorrow night at 8:30 PM EST. In the meantime, we will drop Stanza XIII so you can ease into it tonight and into tomorrow...thanks and good luck in the semi-final Stanza!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom