The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition

Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron's Team Castle Review

What I liked
  • The location at the entrance to Walt Disney Studios was a great choice.
  • The backstory of Carolwood and Old Hollywood tied in really well with the Walt theme you were going for
  • I liked the pools! They seemed really fun.
  • Making the rooms more european was very realistic. You could have easily just made them the standard size but you went the extra mile to make it authentic.
  • The Museum as an attraction was fantastic! I loved the detail in it and it was a nice compliment to the San Francisco museum.
What I didn't like
  • There didn't seem to be a focus on the Vacation Club. It was mentioned, but didn't feel like a focal point of the resort

What to improve
  • Would it help to pretend that the due date is a few days earlier than it really is? That might speed up your work so that you have time to fine tune at the end rather than rushing.

But in the end this was a great project, well done Team Castle!

tcool123

Castle's Conclusion
Tcool's Reviews

Initially I was unsure of where this project was going, but in my mind this project was steered into the right direction once the destination was chosen! I feel like going international was a great choice, and overall I really loved how everything was shaping up! However let's see if your idea still holds up, or has fallen from grace.

I feel that certain aspects of the resort were more focused on while other segment were left in the dust. Nothing truly made it stand out besides the Family Museum, and the ties to Walt Disney's past. I'm not sure if the general public would be interested into buying into the DVC if that is the main selling point for this French DVC. With many visitors to Disneyland Paris staying off property, many would likely choose to just stay in another hotel, or go to a timeshare off property.

Overall this project had a good structure, and if worked on a bit harder and if some of the kinks were worked out it would be a homerun in my books. However given that this project was well incomplete, and overall just missing something I have to say that I'm rather disappointed with the end result. During the brainstorming I was glad with the idea, but the execution was rather weak.

Brava's Breview
Tcool's Reviews
Admittedly going into this project I was unsure of the decision of the ski resort for DVC because well skiing is something that could only be done in a certain time of year. However these were my early thoughts, and as such let's see if you can convince me that a Ski DVC Resort is a good idea.

I like the reasoning behind a resort within Canada, and detailing on why it should be in Vancouver. However if the focus i on the Chinese based on their love of skiing what about the rest of the year? Who is this resort for during the skiing off season? Would this affect the aim at Chinese tourists, or would the focus shift to other markets?

With that said the detail within the project is astounding, and the attention to detail is great! I love how nothing is too small to get looked at, the budget, the map, room layout, etc. The Village sounds great, but as a whole I'm worried for the target audience, the Chinese. It would have been nice to see some Chinese cuisine, or even Chinese-Canadian fusion cuisine as a way to sell food to the Chinese if they do not feel too adventurous. Overall though I loved your village, and felt like it would be a fun place to shop at after a day of skiing. While the activities are great, and really highlight how this resort can become a great place to visit throughout the year. Also small nitpick on the pool, but it's only open for four hours with lifeguard on duty ;):p

Overall I really this DVC resort, and while the resort is fleshed out I do have some final concerns. Those concerns being its target audience when the Chinese don't want to visit, and how a visit during the summer can really be justified. By all accounts it sound like the resort should be best experienced in the winter time However, with that said I do like your resort as it is unique and overall very nice and a good quality.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Stanza III Results
Poster4.JPG

Very special thanks to all the reviewers and guest judges! So much well-written feedback all around - and good advice for both teams going forward. Now let's get to the results.

Team Brava
Most importantly this was researched and written with DVC in mind, one of the main aspects of the prompt. This team did the DVC component more effectively than Castle, despite Castle in our opinion having the better 'concept' for the resort. Secondly, Brava's was a complete project, while Castle's was missing some slides, and rushed at the end comparatively. Though given their great ideas - a little better time management, and a bit of creative spark, and Castle has the potential to do great things!

But for now, Brava, Bravo!

--------------------
You made it through Stanza III -- Congratulations everyone! Since the teams were itching to begin Stanza IV, it's 'unofficially' begun already, but now we'll make it official - welcome to Stanza IV!​

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The 'Friendly' Skies

After successfully completing the shareholders meeting with Team Brava's DVC Resort chosen to begin construction, the teams made their way to Newark Airport as they recieved a message from Yen Sid that they would be traveling to an international destination. As the team members boarded their United plane, they realized that they were traveling to Rio de Janeiro!

As the plane took off they proceeded to watch the United Safety Video and were instructed to carefully listen to the song playing in the background (which I realize is not as cool as you already know the title of Stanza IV:hilarious:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Skippers

Yen Sid traveled to the Jungle Cruise
He proceeded through the queue and began to carefully muse
He noticed a sign of missing persons and decided it didn't look right
So he made some changes and modifications for tonight
"That's much better" he said with glee

"I can't wait to see what name they make up for me!"
0.06.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
banner7.2.jpg

0.012.JPG

Throughout competitions and open-brainstorming events we try to expand the Disney Resort horizons to new locations around the world, but never have we tried imagining that those locations were 'real' resorts...and centered challenges around them just like other Disney Parks and Resorts. Until now! With The Alliance of Knowledge theme park being added to Disneyland Resort Paris in the finale of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2, the runner-up theme park, Disneyland Brazil, had been left on The SAU shelf for years. After some modifications and newly injected energy, WDI decided to dust off an old concept and bring it back to life for the next generation of imagineers to design!

Your task is to design the 'Adventureland' for the future Disneyland Brazil Parque
(To be placed in the open area in the bottom left on the Disneyland Brazil map below)
brazildisneylandmap.jpg

Full Park and Resort Description Here

- Disneyland Brazil tends to lean towards traditional Magic Kingdom attractions. Burbank has given you permission to be able to branch out with this 'Adventureland' and design a land unique from the other Adventurelands around the Disney Parks and Resorts.
- While Burbank has given you free reign on the design, the land should still represent the core values of an 'Adventureland' (ie exploration, discovery, etc)
- The land does not have to be called 'Adventureland' - a new name can be created for it.
- You may use classic 'Adventureland' attractions such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones Adventure, etc - however they must be unique from their previous incarnations. (ie no clones)
- Lastly, your Adventureland design can be made up of 'mini-lands', but nevertheless there should be an emphasis on cohesion, natural flow throughout the land, and transitions to the neighboring lands.

Project Managers
Castle - @RMichael21
Brava - @Disney Dad 3000

Individual Reviewers
Castle - michmousefan, WowFactor, Poe Dameron, FireMountain, Sam4D23
Brava - v_k, P_Radden, WDW Guru, WED Imagineering, Fox&Hound

This Project is due Thursday April 26th at 11:59PM EST

Time Zones
Pacific Standard Time - 8:59 PM
Eastern Standard Time - 11:59 PM
Greenwich Mean Time - 3:59 AM
Central European Time - 4:59 AM

Any specific questions feel free to ask in your brainstorming PMs or below. Thank you, best of luck to everyone, and enjoy!​

Last edited:

Suchomimus

The 'Friendly' Skies

After successfully completing the shareholders meeting with Team Brava's DVC Resort chosen to begin construction, the teams made their way to Newark Airport as they recieved a message from Yen Sid that they would be traveling to an international destination. As the team members boarded their United plane, they realized that they were traveling to Rio de Janeiro!

As the plane took off they proceeded to watch the United Safety Video and were instructed to carefully listen to the song playing in the background (which I realize is not as cool as you already know the title of Stanza IV:hilarious:)

Meanwhile Team Castle (being stuck on the West Coast) had no choices but to use the Jolly Airline; Air Pacific, with the Warner Bros. and the Warner Sis. for seat mates.

Flippin'Flounder

banner7.2.jpg

0.012.JPG

Throughout competitions and open-brainstorming events we try to expand the Disney Resort horizons to new locations around the world, but never have we tried imagining that those locations were 'real' resorts...and centered challenges around them just like other Disney Parks and Resorts. Until now! With The Alliance of Knowledge theme park being added to Disneyland Resort Paris in the finale of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2, the runner-up theme park, Disneyland Brazil, had been left on The SAU shelf for years. After some modifications and newly injected energy, WDI decided to dust off an old concept and bring it back to life for the next generation of imagineers to design!

Your task is to design the 'Adventureland' for the future Disneyland Brazil Parque
(To be placed in the open area in the bottom left on the Disneyland Brazil map below)
brazildisneylandmap.jpg

Full Park and Resort Description Here

- Disneyland Brazil tends to lean towards traditional Magic Kingdom attractions. Burbank has given you permission to be able to branch out with this 'Adventureland' and design a land unique from the other Adventurelands around the Disney Parks and Resorts.
- While Burbank has given you free reign on the design, the land should still represent the core values of an 'Adventureland' (ie exploration, discovery, etc)
- The land does not have to be called 'Adventureland' - a new name can be created for it.
- You may use classic 'Adventureland' attractions such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones Adventure, etc - however they must be unique from their previous incarnations. (ie no clones)
- Lastly, your Adventureland design can be made up of 'mini-lands', but nevertheless there should be an emphasis on cohesion, natural flow throughout the land, and transitions to the neighboring lands.

Project Managers
Castle - @RMichael21
Brava - @Disney Dad 3000

Individual Reviewers
Castle - michmousefan, WowFactor, Poe Dameron, FireMountain, Sam4D23
Brava - v_k, P_Radden, WDW Guru, WED Imagineering, Fox&Hound

This Project is due Thursday April 26th at 11:59PM EST

Time Zones
Pacific Standard Time - 8:59 PM
Eastern Standard Time - 11:59 PM
Greenwich Mean Time - 3:59 AM
Central European Time - 4:59 AM

Any specific questions feel free to ask in your brainstorming PMs or below. Thank you, best of luck to everyone, and enjoy!​

You really outdid yourself with this prompt space! What a cool idea!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
As we arrive at the of Stanza IV, it also marks the end of Act I for Homecoming Edition.

Act II begins with Stanza V and while it will keep the emphasis on creativity, teamwork, and community building, it may also bring with it some transitions that will continue to push the story of Homecoming Edition towards its finale that we are excited to implement!

And as a reminder for Stanza IV #ThanosDemandsYourSubmissions by 11:59PM EST tonight. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom