The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
1559586_2.jpg
Aye so they do tell tales

@D Hindley ye might be pleased where we be headin' Arg! ;)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Yo Ho, Yo Ho Apprentice Life For Me

The teams headed back to their resorts to collect their 'skills'. Boarding the Resort Monorail again around the Seven Seas Lagoon, the teams sit wondering why they have been summoned to the Pirates of the Caribbean, and what it might mean going forward.
3629928371357759752%253Faccount_id%253D9

"Does this mean we talk like a Pirate this round?" @D Hindley asked

"Maybe we have to do something in Adventureland!" @Flippin'Flounder suggested which all teams tended to agree with.

Once they arrived at the Magic Kingdom, everyone walked as a group towards Adventureland and Pirates of the Caribbean in the distance.
8157301852553246973%253Faccount_id%253D9

A familiar tune was playing in the background, but as the teams got closer they realized...it was modified a bit...

As the teams approached the entrance, they read the attraction summary sign and headed inside.
7796019608355178445%253Faccount_id%253D9

In The SAU, there are hidden 'wormholes' to other parks and resorts throughout the universe. One of those wormholes, happens to be inside the Pirates of the Caribbean, utilizing one of the best 'transitions' in Disney Imagineering History. When you go from the present day skeletons, down the waterfall, and back to the past. In this case, the wormhole doesn't use time travel, but rather dimensional travel...transporting you in an instant to a destination that could be halfway across the world. Good thing everyone brought their imagineering skills with them and heeded the warnings...because they'll be needed to tell the next tale...

*Whoosh*

Down the waterfall and out into another theme park. Once the mist of the waterfall dissipated, the teams walked out on a foreign loading dock to most, but to others, it was very familiar.

"I know this place" said @mickeyfan5534 as the teams walked out into the light to discover where they were...

mickeyfan5534

Yo Ho, Yo Ho Apprentice Life For Me

The teams headed back to their resorts to collect their 'skills'. Boarding the Resort Monorail again around the Seven Seas Lagoon, the teams sit wondering why they have been summoned to the Pirates of the Caribbean, and what it might mean going forward.
3629928371357759752%253Faccount_id%253D9

"Does this mean we talk like a Pirate this round?" @D Hindley asked

"Maybe we have to do something in Adventureland!" @Flippin'Flounder suggested which all teams tended to agree with.

Once they arrived at the Magic Kingdom, everyone walked as a group towards Adventureland and Pirates of the Caribbean in the distance.
8157301852553246973%253Faccount_id%253D9

A familiar tune was playing in the background, but as the teams got closer they realized...it was modified a bit...

As the teams approached the entrance, they read the attraction summary sign and headed inside.
7796019608355178445%253Faccount_id%253D9

In The SAU, there are hidden 'wormholes' to other parks and resorts throughout the universe. One of those wormholes, happens to be inside the Pirates of the Caribbean, utilizing one of the best 'transitions' in Disney Imagineering History. When you go from the present day skeletons, down the waterfall, and back to the past. In this case, the wormhole doesn't use time travel, but rather dimensional travel...transporting you in an instant to a destination that could be halfway across the world. Good thing everyone brought their imagineering skills with them and heeded the warnings...because they'll be needed to tell the next tale...

*Whoosh*

Down the waterfall and out into another theme park. Once the mist of the waterfall dissipated, the teams walked out on a foreign loading dock to most, but to others, it was very familiar.

"I know this place" said @mickeyfan5534 as the teams walked out into the light to discover where they were...

Ayy y'all! Time to get drunk in front of the Eiffel Tower again cause we goin to Paris.

Daveeeeed

Bwahahahaha. Yep, you got me pegged there. As someone who's lived basically my whole life under the tyrannical rule of mediocrity that is Tomorrowland 98' I cannot tell you what a DRAMATIC difference in quality the Magic Kingdom Tomorrowland is. My god! From the somewhat unified visuals of the buildings to the Peoplemover running through it, Astro Orbiter being in the correct place and not a HUGE bottleneck, CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS! Yea, I'm sort of in love with MK Tomorrowland at the moment haha.

First time I visited Disneyland as a little kid was when the construction walls were up for that mess. NO chance to experience the original PeopleMovers, Rocket Jets etc. though I could have experienced the original subs still had it not been for my own childhood fears. I digress ;)
Only thing I'll still argue Disneyland has going over WDW for Tomorrowland is Space Mountain. It's probably an overall more solid attraction top to bottom at MK thanks to a far better queue and post-show, but I still think the actual coaster at Disneyland blows the WDW version out of the water both with the music and a far better and more immersive star field. That, and Disneyland doesn't have a HUGE hotel looming in the background. That sort of threw me off, hahaha. ;)
Hey, only on MK's Space Mountain can you go through an actual asteroid belt!;)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
A Stark Difference in Location

While most of the team members made it safely to the unloading dock of their determined destination, some of the members got separated in the wormhole and wound up veering off course. This can happen in the wormholes due to flash photography, eating, drinking, smoking, and/or ...in this case, hacking.

During the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, @Voxel and @englanddg were attempting to hack into the competition's mainframe to figure out where we were going. The interference while descending down the waterfall and into the wormhole caused their entire row in the boat to land in another foreign theme park. As the ripples cleared, the row including members @ctxak98 and @Pionmycake tried to decipher where they were. As they drifted out they realized they were not in an attraction per say, but in a technology expo, with an advertisement for Howard Parc towards the side entrance.

"We got separated from everyone. Where is this?" asked Pionmycake "Some sort of Iron Man Land?"
"<wink/>" signaled englanddg "Oh this is going to be good...let's go outside!"

The group of four walked out towards Howard Parc and looked down towards the end of the street to a sign that said 'Avengers Unite!' in the distance, with a chromatic dome on top.
4088580550766973566%253Faccount_id%253D9

"Project Howard!" Voxel announced emphatically as the group headed towards the attraction.
"Let's go ride it!" ctxak98 said and while they were a bit concerned they weren't with the rest of the team...once they rode the E-Ticket KUKA arm attraction, all their worries disappeared.

However, while on Avengers Unite as the group was coming to the climactic battle, the ride was shut down due to an electrical fire.

"Oh no!" Pi exclaimed "this is a former imagineering land, we only need to design the rides. We didn't consider any emergency exit strategies in the event of a fire...what will we do?!:eek:"

"Hold my beer:cool:" Voxel declared as the emergency exit lights lit up, guiding a swift and safe escape for everyone back out into the land.

As the group was standing outside, they saw a steampunk style flying vehicle drop class C fire extinguishing materials onto the Avengers Unite attraction, and announcing to the group...

"You're in the wrong parc!" the voice from above said "Follow us to your destination!"

As the voice looked back, the group could be seen from above leaving Project Howard and following the steampunk ship.
3510474524779629207%253Faccount_id%253D9

MA Screamin'

Please be an Adventureland redo, please be an Adventureland redo... lol

I did a brainstorming exercise a while ago with redoing each MK land based on something old, new, borrowed, and blue - maybe it'll be something like that? Maybe for each attraction because I pick up that vibe after seeing these posts 🤔

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Please be an Adventureland redo, please be an Adventureland redo... lol

I did a brainstorming exercise a while ago with redoing each MK land based on something old, new, borrowed, and blue - maybe it'll be something like that? Maybe for each attraction because I pick up that vibe after seeing these posts 🤔
I'm a fan of dramatic twists:p Perhaps we're leading you one way just to take you somewhere else? Perhaps the answer has already been revealed? Who knows! Tune in tomorrow to find out :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien

As the teams emerged from the Pirates of the Caribbean unloading dock, they heard Pentatonix Daft Punk playing in the distance, which meant that the challenge was close by. The teams veer to a detour sign that pointed them towards an open plot in Adventureland next to Indiana Jones. The construction wall in front of the area read...
-------
Challenge 1: Ye Come Seekin' Adventure and Salty Ol' Pirates, eh? Or the Lost Ark, perhaps?

For this, our first week, our three new teams must Imagineer a brand new E-ticket for Disneyland Paris's Adventureland area. As you can see in the image below-
-------
"Wait a second" @RMichael21 interrupted "we already did this project?"
"Yeah I definitely remember this one" @IDInstitute agreed "something is wrong here..."

Some of the newer team members didn't really understand what they were talking about, but Space and Red could tell that there was something not right about this situation.

"Space, what is going on here?" Red commented concerned "Did you forget to set the Pirate boats to the wormhole setting and not the time travel setting?"
Space thought for a moment and replied "hmm...might explain this. Wait...we are missing a few players? Voxel, englanddg, Pionmycake, and ctxak98, Red weren't you supposed to keep an eye on everyone to follow the wormhole precautions?"
"...Um, yes" Red responded.

"Perfect..." a team member in the back proclaimed...
1.9.JPG

"Well hang on" Space remarked "that might actually be a good thing because if those four members got thrown from the boat during the transport phase, there's a good chance they wound up in the right time period...just off course a bit from our destination"
"So what are we going to do?" Red asked
"I have a plan...well 12% of a plan...we'll use a kick."
"A kick?" a team member questioned
"Yes, a kick is a backup option to escape time alterations...it's never been tested before though. But since we are in Paris...we're close to the source material"
"Which is?"
"You'll see"

As Edith Piaf's Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien slowly built to enveloping horns, Adventureland began to shake and explode around everyone. The water from the streams rose into the air and the trees began to float in mid-air. Time began to move quickly as the sun rose and fell dramatically.
994633000597253122%253Faccount_id%253D9

And then ...everything went black.
--
--
--

As the team members opened their eyes, they saw Voxel, englanddg, Pionmycake, and ctxak98 operating the controls of team named construction cranes to the left of Pirates of the Caribbean in Fantasyland...
1.10.JPG

"Hey we were wondering where you guys were!" @Pionmycake exclaimed "Come on Castle! The project begins later tonight, we should get going there's a ton of options we can go in!"

The other members also called their fellow teammates to the team cranes as the players waited for the official announcement as Space and Red breathed a sigh of relief.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom