The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition - Discussion Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
"Sounds Dangerous! Starring Adam Sandler!"
9204c0e082122065a4d8837c23ffa28c1e72adcc1bd25555da0b1f906afb96a6.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
A big ol' thread of starry-eyed Disney fanatics! Let's see, how can I best ruin this...

Star Wars: The Last Jedi was a bold, refreshing film for the Star Wars franchise, and I am excited to see where this film takes the saga.

It was bold...and refreshing. So was new Coke.

Live action Lion King is one of the more stupid ideas for a Disney reboot/remake/cash grab.

Duh.

Inside Out was not all that great. I found all of the emotion characters to be annoying.

To each their own.

The new Ducktales series on Disney channel is complete dumpster trash fire.

It is ok.

There! Is that more traditional internet forum material for everyone? ;)

You moron. I am an INSIDER!!!

DisneyManOne

A big ol' thread of starry-eyed Disney fanatics! Let's see, how can I best ruin this...

Star Wars: The Last Jedi was a bold, refreshing film for the Star Wars franchise, and I am excited to see where this film takes the saga.

Live action Lion King is one of the more stupid ideas for a Disney reboot/remake/cash grab.

Inside Out was not all that great. I found all of the emotion characters to be annoying.

The new Ducktales series on Disney channel is complete dumpster trash fire.

There! Is that more traditional internet forum material for everyone? ;)

So, it's bad to say you liked "Last Jedi"? I thought it was amazing! Those whiny fanboys don't know jack-squat of what they're talking about. And keep in mind: these are the same fanboys, who currently whine about how "different" this film is, who once whined about how "Force Awakens" was too similar to "A New Hope".

DisneyManOne

Speaking of fanboys, I've always wondered: why do most Disney parks fanboys hate change? I don't get it. Everytime something closes or gets re-themed, they're all up in arms. Honestly, I'm starting to see why that "Disney Corporate Shill" account on Twitter is devoted to mocking more "prominent" whiners in the DisTwitter community (mainly the California ones; because he's situated closer to Disneyland).

I mean, I can barely watch Some Jerk with a Camera's vlog explaining why the whining over Mission: BREAKOUT's announcement, because of a montage of whiners from 4:31-5:47 (particularly that red-shirted girl @ 5:19-5:41. Words cannot describe how infuriated I was by her inane comments the first time I watched the video).

In fact, I think the only way I, or any other sane Disney fan, could watch the montage is by muting the audio during it and blaring this:

spacemt354

Chili's
Speaking of fanboys, I've always wondered: why do most Disney parks fanboys hate change? I don't get it. Everytime something closes or gets re-themed, they're all up in arms. Honestly, I'm starting to see why that "Disney Corporate Shill" account on Twitter is devoted to mocking more "prominent" whiners in the DisTwitter community (mainly the California ones; because he's situated closer to Disneyland).

I mean, I can barely watch Some Jerk with a Camera's vlog explaining why the whining over Mission: BREAKOUT's announcement, because of a montage of whiners from 4:31-5:47 (particularly that red-shirted girl @ 5:19-5:41. Words cannot describe how infuriated I was by her inane comments the first time I watched the video).

In fact, I think the only way I, or any other sane Disney fan, could watch the montage is by muting the audio during it and blaring this:

To that red-shirted girl

"Marvel wasn't originally Disney"

Was AT&T Disney? Was GE Disney? Because if it wasn't for them and product placement you wouldn't have those classics. And I guess Pixar wasn't originally Disney either...so out goes those attractions too.

spacemt354

Chili's
The internet gives voices to everyone

There are valid criticisms -- well reasoned and logical...then there are some who are armchair experts who can't see past their own bias. There will always be those fringe groups, but like I said - those people are now given a voice, which tends to be louder and more obnoxious than people who have good arguments against certain things Disney does.

DisneyManOne

To that red-shirted girl

"Marvel wasn't originally Disney"

Was AT&T Disney? Was GE Disney? Because if it wasn't for them and product placement you wouldn't have those classics. And I guess Pixar wasn't originally Disney either...so out goes those attractions too.

Also, "Condescending Human Selfie": Possibly the best derogatory nickname I've ever heard being given to a vlogger.

Poe Dameron

Wow you miss a lot in a day
This could be a fun game how excited are you for Disney's upcoming remakes?
  • Wrinkle in Time (Original Disney Film: 2003) - Looks iffy, and the visuals are intriguing. Could be 2018's BFG/Tomorrowland. Rating: Eh
  • Christopher Robin (Original Disney FIlm: 1966/68/74/77) - We know nothing, and I doubt this will come out this year. With that said I'm cautious for this film as Winnie the Pooh is a huge part of my childhood. I hope for the best for this film, but given we know nothing...Rating: Indifferent
  • The Nutcracker (Original Disney Film: 1940) - Kind of cheating, but people seem to include it. I am pumped for this remake. I grew up watching the Nutcracker live every year, and this film has be equally excited. Additionally it took the eye candy award away from A Wrinkle in Time. I love the Narnia/Wonderland vibes coming from it. Rating: Hyped
  • Mary Poppins Returns (Original Disney Film: 1964) - Kind of cheating, but again it is thrown in here. My interest is piqued for the film, and I like Miranda's music for Disney so far. However this is Mary Poppins we're talking about here, and in my opinion is Walt's magnum opus in filmmaking. Rating: Cautiously Optimistic
And that's just remakes scheduled this year ;)

Luckily Mulan was pushed back to give The Nutcracker a week to shine. I mean have you seen this November's major releases? Nutcracker, next week Grinch 3.0, next Fantastic Beasts 2, and capping November with Wreck-It Ralph 2. That month is going to hurt for my wallet
Nutcracker and Wreck it Ralph 2 are both what I'm looking forward to the most!

tcool123

There's a Cruella movie coming out? Oh I need to catch up...
All the remakes in development:
  • Rose Red
  • Prince Charming
  • Pinnicioh
  • Night on Bald Mountain
  • Dumbo
  • Tinker Bell
  • Peter Pan
  • Captain Nemo
  • Maleficent 2
  • Sword in the Stone
  • Cruella
  • Jungle Book 2
  • The Black Cauldron
  • Oliver Twist
  • Little Mermaid
  • Aladdin
  • Genies
  • Lion King
  • Mulan
And there's more these are the ones off the of my head

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom