The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition - Discussion Thread

Suchomimus

You know me -- I'm big into comic book movies. I don't understand what is so special about The Incredibles.

It's a standard comic book plotline...but in animation, and with a family dynamic, which don't get me wrong...is good and all, but I don't see how that puts it above introspective others that to me at least were more impactful.
Should I even bother using this?

tcool123

I'm also iffy on The Lion King live-action movie...but I'm open to be proven wrong.

I feel like these remakes are falling into the trap of just repeating the original classic story...but with CGI!
This could be a fun game how excited are you for Disney's upcoming remakes?
  • Wrinkle in Time (Original Disney Film: 2003) - Looks iffy, and the visuals are intriguing. Could be 2018's BFG/Tomorrowland. Rating: Eh
  • Christopher Robin (Original Disney FIlm: 1966/68/74/77) - We know nothing, and I doubt this will come out this year. With that said I'm cautious for this film as Winnie the Pooh is a huge part of my childhood. I hope for the best for this film, but given we know nothing...Rating: Indifferent
  • The Nutcracker (Original Disney Film: 1940) - Kind of cheating, but people seem to include it. I am pumped for this remake. I grew up watching the Nutcracker live every year, and this film has be equally excited. Additionally it took the eye candy award away from A Wrinkle in Time. I love the Narnia/Wonderland vibes coming from it. Rating: Hyped
  • Mary Poppins Returns (Original Disney Film: 1964) - Kind of cheating, but again it is thrown in here. My interest is piqued for the film, and I like Miranda's music for Disney so far. However this is Mary Poppins we're talking about here, and in my opinion is Walt's magnum opus in filmmaking. Rating: Cautiously Optimistic
And that's just remakes scheduled this year ;)

Luckily Mulan was pushed back to give The Nutcracker a week to shine. I mean have you seen this November's major releases? Nutcracker, next week Grinch 3.0, next Fantastic Beasts 2, and capping November with Wreck-It Ralph 2. That month is going to hurt for my wallet

DisneyManOne

We're setting new Sorcerer Apprentice records. In SA Season 2 Discussion Thread which is the most replied to thread from this series, it took 5 days to reach 15 pages. Let's go WDWMagic Imagineers!

tenor.gif

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's interesting to see the change in media on different aspects.

I feel like just looking at Disney lens on Spanish culture through looking at the WRE Banditos all the way to Coco shows a big shift - Very Interesting.

I hope there's something in the future for Native American Culture - There's some great stories from the Montana/Wyoming tribes that'd be excellent on screen.
We shall see. The story of the Natives....and, as we have discussed, I really don't like that idea...is, interesting.

Yes, our culture was washed away.

No, I don't think we (as a people) should be bitter about that.

And, the reasons why are evident in history...and, no, it isn't as simple as "who won"...

spacemt354

Chili's
  • Wrinkle in Time (Original Disney Film: 2003) - Looks iffy, and the visuals are intriguing. Could be 2018's BFG/Tomorrowland. Rating: Eh
  • Christopher Robin (Original Disney FIlm: 1966/68/74/77) - We know nothing, and I doubt this will come out this year. With that said I'm cautious for this film as Winnie the Pooh is a huge part of my childhood. I hope for the best for this film, but given we know nothing...Rating: Indifferent
  • The Nutcracker (Original Disney Film: 1940) - Kind of cheating, but people seem to include it. I am pumped for this remake. I grew up watching the Nutcracker live every year, and this film has be equally excited. Additionally it took the eye candy award away from A Wrinkle in Time. I love the Narnia/Wonderland vibes coming from it. Rating: Hyped
  • Mary Poppins Returns (Original Disney Film: 1964) - Kind of cheating, but again it is thrown in here. My interest is piqued for the film, and I like Miranda's music for Disney so far. However this is Mary Poppins we're talking about here, and in my opinion is Walt's magnum opus in filmmaking. Rating: Cautiously Optimistic

Luckily Mulan was pushed back to give The Nutcracker a week to shine. I mean have you seen this November's major releases? Nutcracker, next week Grinch 3.0, next Fantastic Beasts 2, and capping November with Wreck-It Ralph 2. That month is going to hurt for my wallet
Pretty much agree on most of these -- though out of all of them Mary Poppins is definitely the one I'm most intrigued about:bookworm:

TwilightZone

here's my opinions:
wrinkle: really excited for this one. Loved the book
christopher robin: really wish they had created a more original story than the typical grown adult encounters cartoon characters that a lot of live action films do.
nutcracker: any film that advertises itself as being the dark true story usually ends up being meh, so not looking forward to this one.
mary poppins: really hoping this one is good
lion king: eh
aladdin: eh
mulan: looking forwards to this one.
dumbo: no
cruella: could be cool
jungle book 2: no
little mermaid: looking forward to
maleficent 2: no
pinnochio: looking forward to
snow white: yes, as long as the dwarfs aren't made to be creepy
the sword in the stone: yes
tink: interesting since the tinkerbell franchise wasn't that long ago
peter pan: yes

The90skid

A big ol' thread of starry-eyed Disney fanatics! Let's see, how can I best ruin this...

Star Wars: The Last Jedi was a bold, refreshing film for the Star Wars franchise, and I am excited to see where this film takes the saga.

Live action Lion King is one of the more stupid ideas for a Disney reboot/remake/cash grab.

Inside Out was not all that great. I found all of the emotion characters to be annoying.

The new Ducktales series on Disney channel is complete dumpster trash fire.

There! Is that more traditional internet forum material for everyone? ;)

spacemt354

Chili's
here's my opinions:
wrinkle: really excited for this one. Loved the book
christopher robin: really wish they had created a more original story than the typical grown adult encounters cartoon characters that a lot of live action films do.
nutcracker: any film that advertises itself as being the dark true story usually ends up being meh, so not looking forward to this one.
mary poppins: really hoping this one is good
lion king: eh
aladdin: eh
mulan: looking forwards to this one.
dumbo: no
cruella: could be cool
jungle book 2: no
little mermaid: looking forward to
maleficent 2: no
pinnochio: looking forward to
snow white: yes, as long as the dwarfs aren't made to be creepy
the sword in the stone: yes
tink: interesting since the tinkerbell franchise wasn't that long ago
peter pan: yes
There's a Cruella movie coming out? Oh I need to catch up...

TwilightZone

A big ol' thread of starry-eyed Disney fanatics! Let's see, how can I best ruin this...

Star Wars: The Last Jedi was a bold, refreshing film for the Star Wars franchise, and I am excited to see where this film takes the saga.

Live action Lion King is one of the more stupid ideas for a Disney reboot/remake/cash grab.

Inside Out was not all that great. I found all of the emotion characters to be annoying.

The new Ducktales series on Disney channel is complete dumpster trash fire.

There! Is that more traditional internet forum material for everyone? ;)
to add:
epcot was always not that great
dca 1.0 wasn't that bad
bronze tomorrowland is a better look than the current whites and blues, with the exception of space mountain
journey into your imagination > journey into imagination with figment
the worst disney attraction ever created isn't stitch, it's sounds dangerous

The90skid

to add:
epcot was always not that great
dca 1.0 wasn't that bad
bronze tomorrowland is a better look than the current whites and blues, with the exception of space mountain
journey into your imagination > journey into imagination with figment
the worst disney attraction ever created isn't stitch, it's sounds dangerous
Can't speak much as I only went to DCA for the first time two years ago, but I loved it. Also can't say much about the Old figment, I'm too young to remember seeing Dreamfinder in person lol but from what I've heard, Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey was awful.

spacemt354

Chili's
Can't speak much as I only went to DCA for the first time two years ago, but I loved it. Also can't say much about the Old figment, I'm too young to remember seeing Dreamfinder in person lol but from what I've heard, Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey was awful.
Sounds Dangerous was sitting in the dark with headphones on listening to Drew Carey

Yes...that was the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom