The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition - Discussion Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
Alright, place your bets. Now that they’ve been swept, where do you think Lebron is going?
Mr. Stark I don't feel so good:p
DfOGGDyU8AEGzXo.jpg:large

spacemt354

Chili's
Alright, place your bets. Now that they’ve been swept, where do you think Lebron is going?
If I had to put odds on it

1. Philadelphia
2. Houston
3. Cleveland
4. LA Lakers
6. San Antonio
7. Golden State

The problem with LeBron is he is a terrific player but he puts himself in these positions, and then everyone is supposed to feel bad for him. He forced Cleveland to sign Tristan Thompson and Jr Smith to big long term deals, and then drove Kyrie away. So now Cleveland is stuck in bad contracts and he complains he has no help. If he goes to Philly or Houston, either of those teams would have to completely change their dynamic to fit LeBron because he is ball dominant and so are their players, rather than Durant who blended in seamlessly to Golden State's system.

Disney Dad 3000

1. Philadelphia
2. Houston
3. Cleveland
4. LA Lakers
6. San Antonio
7. Golden State

The problem with LeBron is he is a terrific player but he puts himself in these positions, and then everyone is supposed to feel bad for him. He forced Cleveland to sign Tristan Thompson and Jr Smith to big long term deals, and then drove Kyrie away. So now Cleveland is stuck in bad contracts and he complains he has no help. If he goes to Philly or Houston, either of those teams would have to completely change their dynamic to fit LeBron because he is ball dominant and so are their players, rather than Durant who blended in seamlessly to Golden State's system.

I think it's Houston and likely the only team in the west he'd go to, otherwise he sticks in the East. In Houston he has 2 guys that handle bringing the ball up so he can rest and they get a ton of possessions so plenty to go around.
As much as I could see Philly and him getting them to finals I just don't see it happening. Simmons has to have the ball in his hands. His shot is too crappy to play off Bron.
LA sounds all well and good and they have talent, but even with Bron and one more max guy they aren't beating GS.
Surprise pick, Wizards.

AceAstro

1. Philadelphia
2. Houston
3. Cleveland
4. LA Lakers
6. San Antonio
7. Golden State

I think it's Houston and likely the only team in the west he'd go to, otherwise he sticks in the East. In Houston he has 2 guys that handle bringing the ball up so he can rest and they get a ton of possessions so plenty to go around.
As much as I could see Philly and him getting them to finals I just don't see it happening. Simmons has to have the ball in his hands. His shot is too crappy to play off Bron.
LA sounds all well and good and they have talent, but even with Bron and one more max guy they aren't beating GS.
Surprise pick, Wizards.
I agree. I also think it’s possible he goes back to the Heat. They have a nice team forming again.

spacemt354

Chili's
It's funny that the headlines today are that the Warriors are some unbeatable team, yet just 2 weeks ago were down 3-2 to Houston, and if it weren't for Chris Paul getting injured, would likely not even be in the finals.

If LeBron joins Houston my only concern there is they will have no bench if they have Paul and LeBron at the max along with Harden, it'd be like the Heat 2.0

Disney Dad 3000

It's funny that the headlines today are that the Warriors are some unbeatable team, yet just 2 weeks ago were down 3-2 to Houston, and if it weren't for Chris Paul getting injured, would likely not even be in the finals.

If LeBron joins Houston my only concern there is they will have no bench if they have Paul and LeBron at the max along with Harden, it'd be like the Heat 2.0

Maybe he just says hell with it ans goes to the Nets so he can take a break. He's been playing it June for a Lotta years

DisneyFan18

Cool Coco Sequel idea, Ernesto de la Cruz Redemption Story, Loya of flashbacks from when he was alive showing some redeeming qualities, maybe even visiting Imelda and Coco some time after you know what. And in present day, about he reuniting with his real family, and earning Héctor’s forgiveness, only to end up somehow dying in the end to save either Coco or Imelda. We can have some Miguel scenes to see how he’s doing, every here and there. What do you think?

DisneyManOne

Cool Coco Sequel idea, Ernesto de la Cruz Redemption Story, Loya of flashbacks from when he was alive showing some redeeming qualities, maybe even visiting Imelda and Coco some time after you know what. And in present day, about he reuniting with his real family, and earning Héctor’s forgiveness, only to end up somehow dying in the end to save either Coco or Imelda. We can have some Miguel scenes to see how he’s doing, every here and there. What do you think?

A guy like Ernesto de la Cruz doesn't deserve redemption. I was recently inspired by this excellent piece of fanfiction, detailing a hypothetical account of the public's shift in opinion towards de la Cruz in the year-span between Miguel reinvigorating Mama Coco's memory and the film's epilogue: https://archiveofourown.org/works/13573815/chapters/31153440

Again, this got me thinking: What if at Dia de los Muertos, de la Cruz, now shunned in the Land of the Dead and kicked out of his mansion--rightfully given to the deceased Rivera family members--came to the house of that blopez guy, and convinced him to help get revenge on the Riveras for disgracing his name, a la Pennywise convincing Henry in It? All would end well, of course, with the disgraced de la Cruz possibly undergoing a very karmic "Final Death" and the obsessed fan getting his just desserts.

DisneyFan18

A guy like Ernesto de la Cruz doesn't deserve redemption. I was recently inspired by this excellent piece of fanfiction, detailing a hypothetical account of the public's shift in opinion towards de la Cruz in the year-span between Miguel reinvigorating Mama Coco's memory and the film's epilogue: https://archiveofourown.org/works/13573815/chapters/31153440

Again, this got me thinking: What if at Dia de los Muertos, de la Cruz, now shunned in the Land of the Dead and kicked out of his mansion--rightfully given to the deceased Rivera family members--came to the house of that blopez guy, and convinced him to help get revenge on the Riveras for disgracing his name, a la Pennywise convincing Henry in It? All would end well, of course, with the disgraced de la Cruz possibly undergoing a very karmic "Final Death" and the obsessed fan getting his just desserts.
That sounds super interesting! And I agree that De la Cruz doesn’t deserve redemption, but thought that could be an interesting angle, like what’s the man behind the monster. Maybe it could be about Ernesto plotting his revenge, as you said, he meets his own family again, remember who was before all, who he was before the fraud musician, at the end he would regret what he did for his revenge, and ends up having a final death (like in the deleted scene of being destroyed in the Marigold Bridge) to stop his plan. We could get some flashbacks of when he, Héctor and Imelda were younger and so. And have a B-Plot revolving around Miguel trying to write a new song, but being unable to find the inspiration, we can also get some glances at his present life and so, it can be set 5 years after Coco.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom