The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3

RMichael21

@RMichael21 PRESENTS...
IN REPRESENTATION OF TEAM MICKEY...

islesLogoFinal1_zpswzesh2jm.png

In addition, please feel free to listen to this musical selection while reading our proposal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=93&v=lmtSgvzK3g

Disney Parks is one of the most recognizable theme park companies in the world, as the team that creates experiences for its guests dreams up fantastical experiences for the whole family to experience together. The theme parks across the globe that millions of guests per year visit let their visitors travel to countless different places each representing a different theme. From the far off jungles of the amazon, to a prestigious Hollywood movie studio to the Cadillac Mountain Range in Radiator Springs, there are dozens of adventures for Disney Parks guests to experience. However, a main theme that hasn't breached into the world of theme park is one that many overlook at a first glance... music.

Music creates the tone and mood for anything that it accompanies. Whether that be a film, a theme park land or even a party, pieces of music can help those who hear it feel certain emotions. In Walt Disney World's fifth theme park, Team Mickey has decided to focus on these emotions felt through the tones of music, allowing guests to get a true musical experience.

Located near the former Walt Disney World Speedway (the same plot of land used for the omega challenge), this all
New theme park will let those who visit it have an experience like never seen before.

Welcome to Disney's Symphony Isles. Here, music breathes new life in the theme park world by conveying different tones and emotions used to tell stories in our favorite pieces of music. From suspense, to joy or even tranquility, our favorite stories will be told through one of six music-themed lands. Guests can visit Land of Symphony, Village of Joy, Shore of Sadness, Street of Suspense, Forest of Fear or Island of Tranquility. All centered around a central body of water, those who visit Disney's Symphony Isles will be able make fun-filled memories that will last a lifetime.

We now invite you to learn more and experience:

Disney's Symphony Isles

-=+=-
Thank you to everyone for an outstanding summer! It truly has been a blast. Thanks to @englanddg, @Voxel, @IDInstitute, @Matt7187, @Sam4D23, @Flippin'Flounder, @Brer Panther and @spacemt354 for being spectacular opponents, I hope to work with you all in the future. In addition, a special thank you to @MonorailRed, @DisneyPrincess1993 and @DSquared for being great opponents and for helping out on this final project along with fellow Team Mickey member @JokersWild... you all have been wonderful. Also, so many thank you's to @Zweiland, @Bucfan87 and, once again, @JokersWild for being wonderful members of the original Team Mickey. Next, a big hats off to @tcool to being in the finals with me, a spectacular teammate and a wonderful opponent this summer. And lastly, thank you so much to @TheOriginalTiki, @Vipraa and, last but most certainly not least, @jdmdisney99 for hosting this massive event for the past 3 months; it's been a blast. Good luck to @tcool with the results and may the best Imagineer win! :)

Last edited:

tcool

Challenge 12
One For the Road

vj98p.png

Over the years heroes were born. Stories of those heroes have been told over and over to the point where now it seems like Myths. Now with the Magic of Disney we have found a way to bring our guests back to when those Myths were true now journey with us to

Inventus

:DThank you for reading! Best of luck to Team Mickey!:D

Last edited:

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Finale Critique - @RMichael21

To tell the truth, I've never considered music a possible theme for WDW's fifth park before. Actually, I should say I haven't thought of it as a LEGITAMITE option (see Hard Rock Park). You proved me wrong...what a concept! You were able to successfully guide your team to create a park that connects music and emotions on a tangible level like I never thought possible. Good job on that front! The music selection was good, but could have been more expansive with a music based park. The site was nice as well, though there were several typos. Your attraction roster was bold, but perhaps too bold. This would definitely be a family park, what with the number of dark rides included. Also, some IPs are questionable in the sense that not many people would remember or care about them enough to warrant a ride (i.e. Fox & the Hound). The lands they fit in are very well thought out, but some attractions seem kind of repetitive (a lot of Fantasia). I also wished for a few more images. Your entertainment looked great and perfect for a musical park, while dining was lacking. I do wish there was a park map, but c'est la vie. Overall, really awesome job, but we'll see how a few hiccups affect you.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Finale Critique - @tcool

I really do like this choice for a theme park. Though a mythology theme might seem cliche or overused, it opens so many different doors leading down various paths of where to take it. You did a very nice job with your team making your park stand out. The music selection was great...it truly was an inspiring piece and for very well. The site was nice, and I really appreciate and enjoy your park map. However, as with RM's park, I don't think its a good idea to put a park in an area already jammed with traffic for the Magic Kingdom. The background for your park makes sense, so well done there. There were a few typos around the site, so beware of that in the future. Each of your lands was well-picked based on popular mythology. I liked the tremendous amount of detail put forth with each attraction. Amazing effort, and creative rides! A good mix of thrill and chill puts you in a good position as a twenty first century theme park. Your dining was also very detailed and interesting. I do question some choices, like the serving of American food at the Round Table (big missed opportunity, in my opinion). The entertainment was a nice idea, as all myths basically contributed to constellations, but I wish I had seen more. Overall, great job, but a few issues might keep you from the title.

Vipraa

Sorry for the delay but have been at work all day. The critiques will be bullet points so i can get them out tonight and have the scores out. sorry again.

Critiques

Team @RMichael21

+ Nice original park concept.
+ Nice broad concepts for attractions
+ You guys took your creativity to the max here and created stuff I haven't seen before
- Wish i had more details on most of the stuff
- A park map would have been nice

Team @tcool
+ Great details on everything in the park
+ Nice Video for "Stars"
+ Amazing creative effort on the rides
- Website slightly cluttered

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Before I post final results, I want to send out HUGE thanks to the many competitors and judges who helped push through some difficult times this year and keep this contest going strong. Specifically thank you to my fellow judges, who filled in when I needed to clear my head. And thank you to every competitor who competed hard. This was a very talented crop of contestants!

@Zweiland
@RMichael21
@Bucfan87
@JokersWild
@englanddg
@IDInstitute
@DSquared
@DisneyPrincess1993
@MonorailRed
@Matt7187
@Flippin'Flounder
@spacemt354
@Voxel
@Sam4D23
@Brer Panther
@tcool

@Basketbuddy101
@TheOriginalTiki
@Vipraa

Once again, MAJOR thanks to all of you for putting together another successful season of The Sorcerer's Apprentice! :)

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Challenge 12: One For the Road - FINALE - Results

Okay...we have reached the pinnacle, the finish line, the light at the end of the tunnel. It is time to announce the winner of The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3. Thanks to everyone who had some role or another in this contest. It has been a wild ride. And now, the time has come...

Your third annual Sorcerer's Apprentice is...

... @tcool!

@RMichael21, congratulations on making it this far and it was an EXTREMELY close race, but in the end it just didn't go your way. Way to stick it out, both of you!

image.jpg

Thanks to everyone once again.

See you next summer for Season 4! :D

Last edited:

RMichael21

Okay...we have reached the pinnacle, the finish line, the light at the end of the tunnel. It is time to announce the winner of The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3. Thanks to everyone who had some role or another in this contest. It has been a wild ride. And now, the time has come...

...@tcool!

@RMichael21, congratulations on making it this far and it was an EXTREMELY close race, but in the end it just didn't go your way. Way to stick it out, both of you!

Thanks for the chance at even being in the finals! A HUGE congrats to @tcool, you've been waiting for a win after going so dang far all three competitions this year. :);) I hope to be a part of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4 next summer to get some redemption. ;):D

tcool

... @tcool!

giphy.gif

Wow I Cant believe it. I would like to thank @jdmdisney99 for hosting. And @Vipraa and @TheOriginalTiki for judging . I will like to thank Team Oswald and Mickey. I would also like to say thank everyone for making this competition exciting

TheOriginalTiki

Congrats, TCool. You definitely honed in your skills for this competition. Awesome to see you finally win after making it so far in both Sole Imagineer and Creator Games. Also I'd like to apologize for not being able to fufill my judging duties for the last couple rounds. Things started to get very hectic both in school and in my personal life. It was an all around great season! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom